Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion (by DylanJamesWasTaken)

z929669

Discussion topic:
Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion by DylanJamesWasTaken
Wiki Link

This is an expansion to AOS created by that MA.

Associated mod links:

(other) AOS Expansions

AOS-ISC Integration Solution

Implementation Mechanic

I have no issues with this mod just listening to the example. Reverb is very subtle and barely noticeable unless someone makes it too loud (there was a mod that did that). Since the example clip provided is louder for demo purposes, I can tell this mod will be fine. It was noticeable in the clip, but not bad. The actual reverb sounded good too so if the mod is quieter I have no complaints.

'Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion' adds two volume sliders, one for rain, one for storm, to the main menu audio settings. 'Wonders of Weather' adds another volume slider for interior rain to the audio settings. I haven't looked at the files, so i am not sure if this constitutes a conflict or something that can simply be resolved by moving one of the interior rain slider to the left/ to zero?

4 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

'Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion' adds two volume sliders, one for rain, one for storm, to the main menu audio settings. 'Wonders of Weather' adds another volume slider for interior rain to the audio settings. I haven't looked at the files, so i am not sure if this constitutes a conflict or something that can simply be resolved by moving one of the interior rain slider to the left/ to zero?

This normally won't conflict with AOS since AOS said it will use a vanilla interior rain sound system. But Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion clearly says it will use its own interior rain sound system, but with Sound Record Distributor, I don't think it can't overwrite the wow script (or maybe, I haven't looked its code yet). I ditch into the Wow script, and it doesn't use custom interior rain sound, just uses vanilla and plays it inside by its script. I believe you just put the Wow slider to zero and it won't be conflict anymore. Another thing you can try is using Splashes of Storms + Rainbows SE + Shooting Star SE. It might work the same as Wow .~.

• Like 1

When Cathedral Weathers is used, or another weather mod among those recognized by this mod (see list in the sticky posts), the interior sounds for rain and thunder from this mod are disabled. This is done to prevent conflicts with the weather mod on sounds associated with vanilla weathers, and inconsistencies on sounds associated with mod-added weathers that this mod doesn't know about.

Note the FOMOD installer lets you pick Rain and Thunder options, or not, while Wind is not optional. So you can still install Rain and Thunder sounds, and the corresponding volume slider, even though the interior sounds from this mod won't be used because Cathedral Weathers is used (in STEP's case). This is done so that you can still get the separate volume slider UI if you want, and/or if you want to make a custom SRD patch to integrate this mod's rain and thunder sounds with your weather mod. Also picking these options won't cause issues or conflicts with the weather mod, because the SRD patching happens at runtime: SRD detects you have Cathedral Weathers installed and doesn't patch in this mod's interior rain and thunder sounds.

It's all explained more or less on this mod's page and in the stickies, but I don't think it's very clear, so I tried to explain differently. I'm probably not doing a very good job.

Anyhow, as instructed in the sticky post:

There is also an option to pick if you want to install these sounds in the FOMOD. So, if you don't want them, or are unsure, you don't have to install them.

For the sake of clarity and simplification, I'd suggest these options not be picked for the STEP guide.

• Thanks 1

Thank you both ...

22 hours ago, Mousetick said:

It's all explained more or less on this mod's page and in the stickies, but I don't think it's very clear, so I tried to explain differently. I'm probably not doing a very good job.

I also thought it not to be very clear, more of a sidenote by the author. Once you're attentive to the issue, it becomes clearer. Also the FOMOD explains it again while going through the installation. Thank you for always taking the time to go through everything from the top/ the beginning, making a lot of issues more comprehensive ...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...