v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

Thanks for everyone's work on this guide :) 

Just doing an upgrade from 2.1.0 -> 2.2.0

1. Retexture for The Scroll has an FOMOD with a bunch options and they aren't detailed in the guide.

2. Reverb Interior Sounds Expansion has FOMOD instructions with a Skyrim VR Users page. This doesn't exist in the current FOMOD installer.

3. Informed Mail Delivery has multiple main versions each with a FOMOD with multiple options. No instructions are given in the guide.

4. Oxygen Meter has an FOMOD which isn't detailed in the guide. It's just to select game version but you're trying to make this guide idiot-proof, right?

5. Show Player In Menu is in the Changelog but not in the guide.

• +1 2

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Taking a look at the others, but this on is in the guide under Interface

Ah I think I had an old version of the page open... in which case some or all of my observations might be incorrect...

Edit: Just checked and my other points still stand.

Edited by Chromana

10 minutes ago, Chromana said:

Ah I think I had an old version of the page open... in which case some or all of my observations might be incorrect...

Edit: Just checked and my other points still stand.

#1 was accurate and now fixed, but #2 is not applicable

18 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

The link to Dyndolod DLL NG is an archived version (i am redoing my LODs). Is that supposed to be so?

It's the experimental 'Large References Bugs Workarounds' version. It's hidden and not publicly available on purpose.

I'd suggest you heed this advice from the linked page if you're redoing LODs for a current game:

Testing
Do not use the workarounds for actual save games. DynDOLOD 3 is still in an alpha test and these workarounds are extra experimental.

In majestic mountains:

Install the Update File and merge into the main file.

I might be wrong, but I don't think it makes any sense to install update because description of the update file on nexus says: "Little patch for MM 4.01."
And main download is 4.02 as version of the update file. And update file uploaded an hour earlier than main file.image.thumb.png.d34cc0825960908d9d45dceecd6c901d.png

Edited by d2eRX52
clarify

3 hours ago, d2eRX52 said:

In majestic mountains:

I might be wrong, but I don't think it makes any sense to install update because description of the update file on nexus says: "Little patch for MM 4.01."
And main download is 4.02 as version of the update file. And update file uploaded an hour earlier than main file.image.thumb.png.d34cc0825960908d9d45dceecd6c901d.png

The update file is still there as a convenience for users of previous versions not having to download one of the main files again, see the main description page of the mod: "If you have version 4.01 already installed then you only need to download and install the 4.02 patch in the update section."

So if you're downloading one of the main files now for the first time, you wouldn't need the update file. STEP instructions might be slightly outdated here.

Edited by CorneliusC
Grammar

I think the Step ENB - Light Version 2.2.0.ENB.LT.0.5.0 is corrupted. 7zip can't open it locally and Nexus can't preview the files.

Also I'm going to try out that Light version as the Heavy version destroys my framerate around candles (from a solid 80 FPS down to 22FPS)... Hopefully light version will work.

Update: Tried with Milk Drinker and still being hit down to 34 FPS. For reference I'm up on a hill in Solstheim where there's an alter with 10 double candles in a semi-circle. But even in the Alternate Start dungeon looking at the torch on the wall took the framerate down to the 40's. Is there a way just to turn down/off the candle lighting effects? Everywhere else is silky-smooth.

This is on an RTX 2070 with i7-13700k, QHD.

Edited by Chromana