v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

2 hours ago, Dova said:

There are two versions in the main files, so I'm a bit confused.

Download the Lite version of Embers XD from the main files. Then when installing the Lite version in the mod manager, select 'Optimized' Particle Light Quality in the FOMOD configuration panel.

The Baseline column refers to configuration for optimal quality/performance, not necessarily to which files to download. In this case, 'Optimized' Particle Light Quality. You can choose the higher Particle Light Quality option in the FOMOD configuration panel, if you want, at the cost of much lower performance in some cases.

The non-Lite "full" version of Embers XD, from the main files, is not an option for the STEP guide and is not supported.

I've followed the guide to the letter and I can't get dynDOLOD to open up it's expert mode wizard, it just goes immediately to generating the LODs upon launch via MO2 with command arguement -sse and then errors out saying a workaround wasn't selected, the problem being it doesn't open up the thing to select worldspaces and workarounds at all (yes I've configured the ini's as directed in the guide)

it just says 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Large reference bugs workarounds requirements not met.

[Content]
DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes

Either meet all requirements or remove DynDOLOD.DLL NG and Scripts from the load order.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

1 hour ago, faff said:

if I untick the dynDOLOD DLL NG it runs fine..

You said you followed the guide to the letter, but I suspect you missed some things:

1. When updating DynDOLOD 3 Alpha, REMOVE all content in the folder of the previous version before moving in the updated files.
  2. Always install the latest version of DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. You should be using 122 now.
  3. Do not install DynDOLOD app as a mod. Install DynDOLOD Resources SE Alpha-34 and DynDOLOD DLL NG Alpha-5 as mods and in that prioritization order. Disable DynDOLOD DLL if you have it.
  4. Set Expert=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to gain 'expert' mode. Also modify the ini for all other settings indicated by the guide
  5. To meet the requirements for LR Bugs Workaround, you must follow the guide, which explicitly instructs to clean all vanilla plugins that apply. This is a requirement for using DynDOLOD DLL NG. If ITMs or USRs are detected, the LR Bugs Workaround will not be available. There are at least 40 vanilla plugins that need to be cleaned as specified in the guide.

All of the above is indicated in the guide, so you have missed something. If you experience further issues, then post on the DynDOLOD Alpha forum with logs as specified in the OP. Sheson doesn't support our guides, only DynDOLOD, so mentioning guide instructions will get you nowhere. He has nothing to do with our guide recommendations. He only will point you to the official DynDOLOD doc.

Hi everyone,

I followed the guide and everything seems to be good but the game crashed 3 times until now and it seems that Unequip Quiver is the culprit.

It's not a big issue but maybe someone can look at the reports.

There is the last one: https://pastebin.com/Qcp94GXL

Thank you !

Edit: i play the game in french.

crash-2023-04-02-20-39-57.log crash-2023-04-06-22-27-48.log crash-2023-04-10-17-37-42.log

Edited by Manos

18 minutes ago, Manos said:

Hi everyone,

I followed the guide and everything seems to be good but the game crashed 3 times until now and it seems that Unequip Quiver is the culprit.

It's not a big issue but maybe someone can look at the reports.

There is the last one: https://pastebin.com/Qcp94GXL

Thank you !

Edit: i play the game in french.

crash-2023-04-02-20-39-57.logcrash-2023-04-02-20-39-57.log crash-2023-04-06-22-27-48.logcrash-2023-04-06-22-27-48.log crash-2023-04-10-17-37-42.logcrash-2023-04-10-17-37-42.log

Revisit Unequip Quiver install instructions and make certain you are using the correct version. Also pay attention to the note about Scrambled Bugs, and see the MCM instructions toward the end of the guide.

This is all assuming that you followed the guide exactly and have not installed any additional mods or skipped required mods. We don't support deviations like these.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Revisit Unequip Quiver install instructions and make certain you are using the correct version. Also pay attention to the note about Scrambled Bugs, and see the MCM instructions toward the end of the guide.

This is all assuming that you followed the guide exactly and have not installed any additional mods or skipped required mods. We don't support deviations like these.

Nothing but the guide.

Unequip Quiver has been updated on 13/02/2023 and i'm using the correct version 1.6.629+

Ini file is set to:  iReEquipType=1 and there's no other MCM instructions at the end of the guide.

I believe that it happened when the game autosave and 3 times in like 20 hours.

I reinstalled it, i'll let you know if it happen again.

Thanks anyway!

Edited by Manos
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Manos said:

Nothing but the guide.

Unequip Quiver has been updated on 13/02/2023 and i'm using the correct version 1.6.629+

Ini file is set to:  iReEquipType=1 and there's no other MCM instructions at the end of the guide.

Thanks anyway!

The game can be buggy. Starting a new game can also possibly resolve.

Can you double check your XP32 Maximum Skeleton mod to verify that XPMSE.esp is moved to Optional ESPs. If it isn't in Optional ESPs (see screenshot below) and rerun Nemesis. This may be completely unrelated but it's the only thing I can think of.

XPMSE.jpg

2 hours ago, Manos said:

Nothing but the guide.

Thanks anyway!

17 minutes ago, Greg said:

Can you double check your XP32 Maximum Skeleton mod to verify that XPMSE.esp is moved to Optional ESPs. If it isn't in Optional ESPs (see screenshot below) and rerun Nemesis. This may be completely unrelated but it's the only thing I can think of.

XPMSE.jpg

see Greg's post^

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

see Greg's post^

The "CTD" thread on the Bugs tab of Unequip Quiver SE's Nexus page has several other crash logs with "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF82B9FD830 UnequipQuiverSE.dll+000D830    mov rax, [rcx]". It looks like a mix of Win10/11, all NVidia graphics. There is some conjecture about horses being related somehow. Last post from the Mod Author: 

06 April 2023, 6:13PM
If the horse causing the ctd you can add an exception in the "UnequipQuiverSE.ini" file located "Data\MCM\Settings", this is the content to copy and paste to the ini file:
bBlackListRace=1
sBlackListRace=Skyrim.esm:131FD,Skyrim.esm:DE505
let me know if this solves the issue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Manos said:

As a simple troubleshooting step, try disabling the feature for all NPCs in the MCM:

image.png

That's what I did after I got tired of random Unequip Quiver crashes involving rabbits, goats, etc. No more crashes then.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

As a simple troubleshooting step, try disabling the feature for all NPCs in the MCM:

image.png

That's what I did after I got tired of random Unequip Quiver crashes involving rabbits, goats, etc. No more crashes then.

From reading the long list of CTD issues on the Nexus Bug Report for this mod, it does seem that this is an issue with NPCs ... particularly when other mods are adding or changing 'races' (including non-anthropoid). This approach would be confirmation to a good degree. A more robust approach would be to blacklist all non-anthropoid races, but the MA should also implement a whitelist to simplify for end users with tons of NPC mods. These two toggles are essentially broad blacklist/whitelist categories, and 'NPCs' should at least be broken into two other groups: animals and hominids (vanilla character races).

For Step, blacklisting should be relatively simple, but I'd rather the MA handled things for vanilla (resolving probably all issues WRT Step build)

20 hours ago, Greg said:

XPMSE.jpg

XPMSE.esp is hidden by mod organizer.

I reruned Nemesis, it seems to be good.

18 hours ago, druisiuil said:

The "CTD" thread on the Bugs tab of Unequip Quiver SE's Nexus page has several other crash logs with "Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF82B9FD830 UnequipQuiverSE.dll+000D830    mov rax, [rcx]". It looks like a mix of Win10/11, all NVidia graphics. There is some conjecture about horses being related somehow. Last post from the Mod Author: 

I didn't post my crash logs on nexus because there was some others like it and i don't know if they use STEP guide. That's why i asked here first.

Maybe i should post it.

14 hours ago, Mousetick said:

image.png

Good to know, i'll do this!

6 hours ago, z929669 said:

From reading the long list of CTD issues on the Nexus Bug Report for this mod, it does seem that this is an issue with NPCs ... particularly when other mods are adding or changing 'races' (including non-anthropoid). This approach would be confirmation to a good degree. A more robust approach would be to blacklist all non-anthropoid races, but the MA should also implement a whitelist to simplify for end users with tons of NPC mods. These two toggles are essentially broad blacklist/whitelist categories, and 'NPCs' should at least be broken into two other groups: animals and hominids (vanilla character races).

For Step, blacklisting should be relatively simple, but I'd rather the MA handled things for vanilla (resolving probably all issues WRT Step build)

I'm sure, you guys will find something good to prevent crash like this, you always do ^^

Thanks for your help everyone :)