v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

59 minutes ago, z929669 said:

There's really too much happening here to provide specific guidance other than do not unpack any BSAs or make changes to settings other than what's instructed in the guide.

Revisit the guide/instructions/setup guide is all I can say.

you obviously need to download and install "Step Grass" from the Nexus mod page.

Hmm thanks for answering, I think revisiting the guide might resolve my snow problem,

but I doubt that it will resolve the error I get during lod generation with Dyndolod (when following the instructions 1:1)

Error: Error reading grass Tamriel [-1,-10] <Unknown grass data file format>

Edited by stinkyargor

7 hours ago, stinkyargor said:

Hi,

thanks for putting this guide together, it is awesome!

I recently finished my install and have a few problems to resolve before I can start to play:

1. Some of the snow textures on mountains are completley white (blank) and it looks like something is missing (buggy).
  2. I had some problems with a greyed out HD grass option and grass errors in Dyndolod - although I have grass cache fixes and ENB options installed and followed the guide exactly. I made the Dyndolod generation process work by setting forceComplexGrass to 2 and extracting the crass cache fixes BSA. However, ingame with Dyndolod active I now have zero grass (before Dyndolod it was there).
  3. SKSE is frequently not starting via MO2, it just drops back to MO2 interface without any errors or error logs. After some time or a reboot, it works flawlessly for once. That problem is random and really annoying. I always had the same thing, even 5 years ago when I installed an older guide on a different PC. Maybe this is related to some Windows Exploit Protection settings like ALSR?

If you have any input on how I can debug these issues, please be my guest.

Cheers!

1. This is a guess, but I think you forgot to disable the Cathedral Landscapes xLODGen file. 

2. Grass Cache Fixes provides blank grass cache files, so the fact that you have no grass doing what you have done should have been expected. Grass cache is provide in the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.bsa file. 

3. Never heard of this issue. 

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

1. This is a guess, but I think you forgot to disable the Cathedral Landscapes xLODGen file. 

2. Grass Cache Fixes provides blank grass cache files, so the fact that you have no grass doing what you have done should have been expected. Grass cache is provide in the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.bsa file. 

3. Never heard of this issue. 

No, I disabled that after running xLODgen.

I see, makes sense, I deleted the extracted files.

There has been an update for Dyndolod 3 (Alpha 123) with DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-6

I am am running that now without grass lod checked (then there is no error) and see if that is good enough.

Thanks!

Edited by stinkyargor

On 4/27/2023 at 11:39 AM, stinkyargor said:

Hi,

thanks for putting this guide together, it is awesome!

I recently finished my install and have a few problems to resolve before I can start to play:

1. Some of the snow textures on mountains are completley white (blank) and it looks like something is missing (buggy).
  2. I had some problems with a greyed out HD grass option and grass errors in Dyndolod - although I have grass cache fixes and ENB options installed and followed the guide exactly. I made the Dyndolod generation process work by setting forceComplexGrass to 2 and extracting the crass cache fixes BSA. However, ingame with Dyndolod active I now have zero grass (before Dyndolod it was there).
  3. SKSE is frequently not starting via MO2, it just drops back to MO2 interface without any errors or error logs. After some time or a reboot, it works flawlessly for once. That problem is random and really annoying. I always had the same thing, even 5 years ago when I installed an older guide on a different PC. Maybe this is related to some Windows Exploit Protection settings like ALSR?

If you have any input on how I can debug these issues, please be my guest.

Cheers!

Hi again, just wanna share a few findings which might be useful for others:

• The blank snow textures were caused by my bashed patch (not part of the guide)
  • Without grass lod, lodgen worked flawlessly using: Dyndolod 3 (Alpha 123), DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-6, GOG AE version and some custom mods
  • Be aware that STEP Grass is generated for 1:1 for the Guide, don't use if you add custom mods changing locations, you will have floating grass patches
  • +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't edit https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#DynDOLOD because i either dont have the permission to do so (edit source) or server not responding (maybe also just missing feedback about missing permissions).

Anyway, link under https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#DynDOLOD for  Performance Tuning instructions links to the 2.0.0 Guide instead of 2.2.0.

Realized that after seeing target fps being 95 instead of 120.

So someone who can might want to switch 0->2 to go from Performance Tuning instructions to Performance Tuning instructions.

18 minutes ago, Simondererste said:

Can't edit https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#DynDOLOD because i either dont have the permission to do so (edit source) or server not responding (maybe also just missing feedback about missing permissions).

Anyway, link under https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#DynDOLOD for  Performance Tuning instructions links to the 2.0.0 Guide instead of 2.2.0.

Realized that after seeing target fps being 95 instead of 120.

So someone who can might want to switch 0->2 to go from Performance Tuning instructions to Performance Tuning instructions.

We restrict edits to pages in the guide logic. This has been fixed to use a dynamic version string. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2023 at 1:43 AM, Sithishade said:

Think I've found another typo. In section 13 (Gameplay - Immersion), the notes for Butterflies Unchained say that you need to install the optional file if you have CCOR installed. I believe the CCOR there should read CACO.

Fixed, thanks

3 minutes ago, Supomo said:

Please considering added armor and weapon texture replacer by xavbio because most of them are vanilla friendly 

I think we already have the best texture replacers for weapons and armor ... and clothing, etc.

On 5/30/2023 at 6:08 PM, z929669 said:

I think we already have the best texture replacers for weapons and armor ... and clothing, etc.

I think it's worth noting that most of Xavbio's retextures are already based on Amidianborn's Book of Silence/Content Addon, since those textures have open permissions. Most weapons include LeanWolf compatibility as well. He's still got a lot of work left to do to complete the set, but when he does he'll release an AIO. Might be a good idea to check it out at that point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maruru said:

Does anyone know if the update from April 27th (Version 2.82.5) is usable as a drop-in update for 2.2.0 guide?

The 2.2.0 guide instructs use of DynDOLOD DLL NG and links to the proper file. If you do not want to use the NG version, then that's not supported by the DynDOLOD reference images in the guide, but it will work.

• 2 weeks later...