DoubleYou

Hi, this is pretty insignificant but would it be possible to extend the size of the groupbox at some point? I run BethINI for the standard edition of Skyrim. I don't know if this occurs within the special edition of BethINI. Whenever Dynamic Trees are ticked both the Tree Animations and Skinned Trees options kind of flicker over each other when moving the cursor over them. Don't know if that was intended or not.

Also would increasing Post Load Update Time have a better impact on performance for the game? I happen to run quite a few mods that reduce the size of textures, meshes, and particles in-game or even remove some effects altogether. I pretty much have my BethINI settings to medium or lower and the view distance and load distance is pretty short generally. But I still get some stuttering as well as FPS hits in weird places like inside of cells for some reason, I feel like the open world area would or at least should give me more issues than indoors...

Oh, I happen to use Wrye Bash and BethINI, but I dunno if that's important...

• 3 weeks later...

Hello DoubleYou,

First I wanted to say thank you very much for creating BethINI. It has helped my modding greatly.

I am currently using BethINI on Skyrim Special Edition and was wondering in you would/could add the ENB features and button to the SE version?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Thank you for this very helpful utility.  It works great on my games (with the exception of "Fallout New Vegas").  For FNV, the only change made is to the Gamma level, it's set to 1, other than that the Fallout.ini and Fallout prefs.ini are still IDENTICAL to each other.  Am I doing something wrong or are they meant to be that way?  Also not sure if this is related to BethINI, but my tilde ~ key does not bring up console even though it's set to bAllowConsole=1 in both ini's. 

• 4 weeks later...

I found a typo!!

Cause...I actually read the Bethini recommendations page!!

Grass

Users may choose their preferred settings. STEP recommends the following:

• Uncheck [Removed Grass]
  • Grass Wind Speed [Default]
  • Grass Density [40]
  • Grass Diversity [7]

In the actual program it is shown as Remove Grass.

Yeah.

I read that too.

<<Tried not to sound sarcastic and rude, yet attempt might have backfired from watching too many sarcastic speaking main characters from Anime.>>

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friend.  I'm playing Oldrim using mod organizer and followed the step guide.  I made it through everything and booted up the game but the screen got so dark I couldn't see anything.  Tried using enboost injector. Dark display.  I tried deleting enboost. Dark display.  I deleted bethini files and booted the skyrim launcher to regenerate vanilla ini files, then launched skse through MO.  Fixed.  What do you think this could be attributed to?  It appeared that whatever ini tweaks bethini made, my modded setup didn't like it.  Thanks for the handy tool.  And my bad if it was something on my end.    

Edited by Edgar

• 2 weeks later...

Good day!

I have a problem witch is related to in my opinion and tests with graphic settings.

I will try to explain.

When I use graphic settings on ultra/high my game CTD upon walking around/ entering (random) Falkreath,

but when I lower my graphic settings to low/ medium then there is no more CTD's and I can walk, quest and do other stuff in Falkreath

Ghetto fix would be just lower graphic settings whenever I need something in Falkreath but in my opinion that is no solution at all.

My game is modded (problem persisted even on all mods disabled)

I have stable 60 fps on ultra settings in all areas (even in Falkreath)

I'm writing here because I am also using beth ini high/ultra graphic presets + recommended settings (tick) 

in hope someone can give me some help or direct in some direction to find meaningful solution

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm playing Skyrim SE with all dlc's and latest patch

Edited by Hardins

Good day!

I have a problem witch is related to in my opinion and tests with graphic settings.

I will try to explain.

When I use graphic settings on ultra/high my game CTD upon walking around/ entering (random) Falkreath,

but when I lower my graphic settings to low/ medium then there is no more CTD's and I can walk, quest and do other stuff in Falkreath

Ghetto fix would be just lower graphic settings whenever I need something in Falkreath but in my opinion that is no solution at all.

My game is modded (problem persisted even on all mods disabled)

I have stable 60 fps on ultra settings in all areas (even in Falkreath)

I'm writing here because I am also using beth ini high/ultra graphic presets + recommended settings (tick) 

in hope someone can give me some help or direct in some direction to find meaningful solution

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm playing Skyrim SE with all dlc's and latest patch

EDIT2: Papyrus logs gave this at the end, any ideas? 

error: Unable to call UnregisterForAnimationEvent - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].UDBattleReady.UnregisterForAnimationEvent() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].UDBattleReady.OnEffectFinish() - "UDBattleReady.psc" Line 218
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] VM is freezing...
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] VM is frozen
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] Saving game...

EDIT: Papyrus logs gave this at the end, any ideas? 

error: Unable to call UnregisterForAnimationEvent - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[None].UDBattleReady.UnregisterForAnimationEvent() - "<native>" Line ?
[None].UDBattleReady.OnEffectFinish() - "UDBattleReady.psc" Line 218
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] VM is freezing...
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] VM is frozen
[07/05/2017 - 10:12:36AM] Saving game...

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank the author of this tool.

I have a pretty good PC and I've been really struggling with getting New Vegas to run well. The main issue has been hitching and stuttering and no amount of tweaking settings seem to do anything for me. I'm pretty sure at one point I must have tried every single setting in NVSR with no success. I've been scouring the internet looking for any settings/tweaks/mods that can help and they either did nothing or made it worse. It got to the point were I was basically trimming my mod list and just not using texture mods at all.

I might have avoided this tool at first since it looked like another set of .ini tweaks. Out of desperation I gave it a shot and oh man, what a difference. I can finally play this damn game now without my game looking like a slide show every time I have to turn the camera. Everything just feels a lot more responsive now as well and adding my favorite mods back is not affecting performance at all. I'm still seeing some hitching here and there but the recovery time for them is so much better then it was even after hours of playing.

So yeah, thanks a bunch.

EDIT: Also, I'm really curious what kind of changes does this game to the .ini? What are the "recommended tweaks"?

Edited by Watercrown