DoubleYou

In the game menu settings, set the slider for depth of field all the way to the left.

I've done that ofc, but it doesn't affect it at all. Tried to regen inis, tried various ini tweaks, it just doesn't affect it. Any idea what might cause it?

@Dath1

Are you sure what you are seeing is Depth of Field blur? DOF isn't the only thing that can blur the image. TAA adds a large amount of blur, and FXAA adds some blur as well. Try setting Antialiasing to None and see if the blur you are seeing disappears. If it does, I recommend you research SMAA and how you can apply it to Skyrim SE (generally using Reshade).

Is there a possibility that if you have Skyrim SE and Fallout 4, that duplicate Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini files can somehow end up in Fallout4 screenshot

I can imagine it would be possible, but I have never seen this bug. Is there a possibility you have the log file from 20170120xxxxxx in the BethINI Cache that would coincide with those files' creation? Otherwise, this may be a very hard bug to track down.

It's the blurring of the the background when I look down or when I'm up close to something. It also blurs the text in the top left corner for some reason, like for example when quicksaving.

Edited by Dath1

You can also find a large amount of other INI settings related to DOF in the masterlist of INI settings here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11523-skyrim-special-edition-default-values-for-all-valid-ini-settings/

Searching for words such as DOF and Depth brings up a number of possible settings you might tweak to remove depth of field.

I can imagine it would be possible, but I have never seen this bug. Is there a possibility you have the log file from 20170120xxxxxx in the BethINI Cache that would coincide with those files' creation? Otherwise, this may be a very hard bug to track down.

Aah sorry no, last couple of days I have taken BethINI out of being installed, and swept all loose cache stuff away with CCleaner, just to have a clean look at whats what around all my files and in support of Wrye Bash dev at the moment.

When I next install it will watch out for this happening again

OK. That definitely looks like depth of field. Now, just to be sure, you are not using ENB or Reshade Depth of Field, correct? And you are modifying the correct INI files, right? Are you using Mod Organizer 2? And finally, post a copy of your INI files on pastebin for me to look at.

The reshade I was using caused it. I didn't realise sooner because the DOF persisted even when I toggled the reshade off, so I figured it couldn't be that. When you asked if I was using reshade, I tried deleting everything reshade-related just to be sure, and that made it go away. For some reason the toggle reshade key toggled off everything apart from DOF :O (?). Sorry for bothering you about something that wasn't .ini related at all, I appreciate the willingness to help:)

Would you consider adding iAutoSaveCount to BethINI? I was looking for a Skyrim mod to increase the number of autosaves the game keeps, and while CASM and AutoSave Manager helped, they had a lot of extra features and I would have preferred something more lightweight. Then I finally found out there's a setting for it you can add to Skyrim.ini. I don't think a lot of people know about it. If this simple tweak was in BethINI, I would have been very pleasantly surprised, like I was when BethINI showed me the arrow angle settings.

hello i just a question because i installed this and it was good it made me less lag but my compass is missing when skyrim load it is there but after initializing ini file the compass and quest markers will be gone i tried to use bethini again and check the show compas and quest markers but still no luck compass still getting remove i re-download the game but i save my saved files and i still get the problem pls it is confusing i dont want to play without compass and quest markers