DoubleYou

Could you give me the log.txt file in BethINI Cache (located where your INIs are) so I can see perhaps why the Mod Organizer location for MO2 leads to ERROR. This is a problem that is inherent only to MO2 that I would like to see if I can fix. It will also tell me why it could not discover your mods. It appears that MO2 made some changes to paths and such that makes my detection fail. You can use Pastebin

After testing, MO2 currently does not actually use its profile INI files. You have to point to the INI files located in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition

Oops - sorry. I went to the shops then fell asleep!  Looks like you caught up on what you wanted. Let me know if I can help further.  Looking at my Bethini ini file, it looks like it did not spot the Creation Kit, as that line is set to zero.

Here's my log from initial run:  https://pastebin.com/C79eHf4z   and here's the second log from a glance at the Bethini set up just now:  https://pastebin.com/qkFXk4cu

Edited by Bluegunk

Oh - I just discovered something! In my default Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini savegame folder that MO2 and Bethini are using, I also have a SkyrimCustom.ini which is used only for some settings for widescreen.

Bethini took that as a version of my Skyrim.ini and erased my SkyrimCustom.ini settings, replacing them with Skyrim.ini ones but not changing the file name!  I've now set that to read only. Fortunately I keep backups of backups of everything!

Might be worth checking that out?

Edited by Bluegunk

Oh - I just discovered something! In my default Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini savegame folder that MO2 and Bethini are using, I also have a SkyrimCustom.ini which is used only for some settings for widescreen.

Bethini took that as a version of my Skyrim.ini and erased my SkyrimCustom.ini settings, replacing them with Skyrim.ini ones but not changing the file name!  I've now set that to read only. Fortunately I keep backups of backups of everything!

Might be worth checking that out?

This is intentional behavior. Everything in SkyrimCustom.ini works in Skyrim.ini, but SkyrimCustom.ini overrides Skyim.ini. The purpose of SkyrimCustom.ini was so that the buggy Skyrim Launcher wouldn't mess with settings in SkyrimCustom.ini. I merely make Skyrim.ini and SkyrimCustom.ini identical in order to allow my tool to successfully work with it.

OK I see. Well, setting my Custom ini to Read Only protected it with no problems so that's all sorted and I'll remember to do that for the future.

The rest of the Bethini tool seems to work a dream even with working around MO2's 'clunkicity'. It's really easy to use and adjust. I originally acquired it for the shadow Bias setting so I'm off to twiddle with that now!  I checked my game out and absolutely no issues with loading and running (not that I thought there would be).

So thanks for such a handy utility!  I'll check back here and on the mod page for any alterations.  And thanks for such quick support!

Version 2.0.8.3b as publically available on Nexus that you link to. I believe he and the team are working to correct the problem with game saves and profiles.

2.0.8.3b is very good - close to the original MO and Oldrim. Just a few bugs to iron out.

Edited by Bluegunk

Ok, I now understand why MO2 isn't working perfectly with BethINI. I need to adjust some things that were changed and then implement a workaround. I'll use a workaround for the profile INIs not working by copying the INIs to My Games for Fallout 4 and SkyrimSE if Mod Organizer is being used for those games. I will assume that people are using Mod Organizer 1.x for the older games, as it is more stable. I got it working for SkyrimSE if used in portable mode, but I need to learn how to work with this new thing of putting the files in AppData, plus the difficulties inherent with the nxmhandler pointing multiple games to the same Mod Organizer installation.

So far as I understand, iterations of MO2 before 2.0.8.3b had to have the default folders in Appdata. The current version has removed that requirement, and I have the default folders on disk in the same directory structure as MO2.  I understand there may still be some difficulty with using directories out of MO2's directory structure (i.e. away on an other drive), but at least Appdata is not a necessity now. However, MO2 does use Appdata for a lot of its work.

The MO2 STEP pages have a lot of current detail.  https://forum.step-project.com/forum/102-mod-organizer-2-support/

I think you answered your own question?

I have an update ready as soon as the Zillya antivirus finishes processing my false positive report. I have finished fixing Mod Organizer 2 detection and integration. There are a lot more variables with Mod Organizer 2, so there may be bugs in my implementation, but I have tested it with all the cases I can think of and it is working flawlessly.

Yeah, I figured it out = )

I'm just about finished with the FO4 Edition of the video. i actually left a text note on screen about MO2 which should work either way. I decided thats I should just do 1 video per game. I would never finish that massive all in one vid. 

Are there any setting additions to fo4? I'm eager to get this thing uploaded lol.. hopefully tomorrow