DoubleYou

That was done. Unless I have a bad install, the errors are as I described.

Mine from SE look like this using the latest version of BethINI:

sResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes0.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa
sResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Voices_en0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures0.bsa, Skyrim - Textures1.bsa, Skyrim - Textures2.bsa, Skyrim - Textures3.bsa, Skyrim - Textures4.bsa, Skyrim - Textures5.bsa, Skyrim - Textures6.bsa, Skyrim - Textures7.bsa, Skyrim - Textures8.bsa, Skyrim - Patch.bsa

The behavior you are describing can only happen under two circumstances that I am aware of.

1. You have BethINI set for Skyrim, which you have clarified that you have correctly set to Skyrim Special Edition. The page you had linked to said to set the game to Skyrim, which is why I thought you might have that wrong. That page applies to the original Skyrim game only, and not to the Special Edition.

2. The only other way for this to happen is if you failed to click the "Default" preset button under the Basic tab before doing anything.

So try clicking the "Default" button, then save and exit, and see if that does not fix the issue.

Request:

Add the following as a configurable option for Skyrim SE. As far as I can tell, this controls the "light flare" on the fires, flame spells, fire atronachs, candles, etc. Users should have the options of turning this effect on and off, imo, via the interface. Currently you have to go into the file to change it after running BethINI.

[Display]

bIBLFEnable=(0,1)

Version 2.7

-Behind the Scenes: Fallout New Vegas can now use a FalloutCustom.ini file if using the JIP LN NVSE Plugin (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58277/?). This file will now be backed up if present. Functionally, the mod description says that the file will overwrite settings in FalloutPrefs.ini as well as Fallout.ini. This behavior is different than the other games, so BethINI will cause FalloutCustom.ini to contain ALL settings from both Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini as a workaround.

-Bugfix: Poor preset button is now disabled when switched to use Vanilla Presets in Skyrim Special Edition since there is no poor vanilla preset, which would prompt a message saying "You should not receive this error. Inform me if you do."

-GUI change: Moved the Wetness toggle (Fallout 4) in the Detail tab to a different location in the same general vicinity.

-GUI change: Moved the Lens Flare toggle (Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition) in the Detail tab to a different location in the same general vicinity.

-New Tweak: Anamorphic Lens Flare under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.

-New Tweak: Interior Godrays toggle under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.

-Presets: BethINI Presets (Skyrim Special Edition) for High and Ultra have been changed to set bVolumetricLightingDisableInterior to 0 due to reports about it causing interiors to look strange.

-Tweak changed: Godrays dropdown (Skyrim Special Edition) has been modified to remove the option to turn on Godrays indoors due to reports about it causing interiors to look strange.

Version 2.7
-Behind the Scenes: Fallout New Vegas can now use a FalloutCustom.ini file if using the JIP LN NVSE Plugin (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58277/?). This file will now be backed up if present. Functionally, the mod description says that the file will overwrite settings in FalloutPrefs.ini as well as Fallout.ini. This behavior is different than the other games, so BethINI will cause FalloutCustom.ini to contain ALL settings from both Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini as a workaround.
-Bugfix: Poor preset button is now disabled when switched to use Vanilla Presets in Skyrim Special Edition since there is no poor vanilla preset, which would prompt a message saying "You should not receive this error. Inform me if you do."
-GUI change: Moved the Wetness toggle (Fallout 4) in the Detail tab to a different location in the same general vicinity.
-GUI change: Moved the Lens Flare toggle (Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition) in the Detail tab to a different location in the same general vicinity.
-New Tweak: Anamorphic Lens Flare under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.
-New Tweak: Interior Godrays toggle under Detail for Skyrim Special Edition.
-Presets: BethINI Presets (Skyrim Special Edition) for High and Ultra have been changed to set bVolumetricLightingDisableInterior to 0 due to reports about it causing interiors to look strange.
-Tweak changed: Godrays dropdown (Skyrim Special Edition) has been modified to remove the option to turn on Godrays indoors due to reports about it causing interiors to look strange.

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Do you think the forcing of all the settings from Fallout.ini into FalloutCustom.ini is really a good idea? I'm not so sure.

If the game handles that custom.ini correctly it will be sufficient to just house the specific settings the user wants to change. This also means, at least it does to me, that BethINI really doesn't need to touch that INI as it should contain ONLY specific user settings the user has explicitly set, or those set by a mod author or guide.

Do you think the forcing of all the settings from Fallout.ini into FalloutCustom.ini is really a good idea? I'm not so sure.

If the game handles that custom.ini correctly it will be sufficient to just house the specific settings the user wants to change. This also means, at least it does to me, that BethINI really doesn't need to touch that INI as it should contain ONLY specific user settings the user has explicitly set, or those set by a mod author or guide.

I understand your reasoning, and I agree that it is less than ideal for the power user, but it's the only workaround I have at the moment so that functionality will stay intact. A backup is created of the FalloutCustom.ini every time, so I guess I could replace the backup every time, but then any settings the user might have wanted to change could be overridden by it. I'd have to write a lot more coding to handle FalloutCustom.ini in a better way, and since the mod version of the file is different than the way the games have typically used it, I would have to do two separate versions or something. I just will have to leave it for another day when I have time to make it work the way you and I would prefer, which would be to have a toggle button to allow changing of the Custom file, or gray out the settings that are in the Custom file.

Windows defender is flagging version 2.7 as containing a virus

I compiled it like an hour ago. The antiviruses generally take a while before they recognize it as being safe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, quick question I hope someone might have to answer to,

Im doing an archer playthrough and want to hit some long range shots.  Is "fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist" still the ini tweak for long range shots, or is it now "fLodFadeOutMultActors"?  I ask because the prior no longer exists in my .ini after using BethINI.  If it is now "fLodFadeOutMultActors" should the deafault of 15 be okay for long range shots?  (I run a lot of mods that add actors such as immersive patrols/warzones and dont want to  set it too high if I dont have to in order to avoid potential lag)

Thank you for this great tool!

So with regards to Fallout 4, are the following Fallout4.ini tweaks even viable

iNumHWThreads=x (x=number of threads on cpu)
bMultiThreadedAccumulation=1 (some sites suggest turning it up to 8, others say put it at 0)
bMultiThreadedRenderingUNP=1 (same as above)

Does anyone know if the HWThreads line is useful and/or working and more importantly what changing the other 2 settings values do ?