DoubleYou

Is there a way to let BethINI only sort the inis without changing/removing any of the settings ? Since the 1.9 Patch hit today I wanted to compare any changes made by it to my settings compared to my backed up inis and since BethINI makes the ini files so much easier to read I was just wondering if that is possible :).

Edited by El_Rizzo

i try to change the ini file i also try the backup before bethini on the settings but it does not work it still changes when i open the game i add bShowCompass=1 and when the game start after "initializing ini file' my compass will be gone and i will have to add bShowCompass=1 on the ini fies on my documents again but now i uninstall skyrim and bethini to see if it will work but i would still like to use bethini since it give me a good boost

i will make a new game on skyrim and see if the compass will be gone once i use bethini 

Edited by makarios

Is there a way to let BethINI only sort the inis without changing/removing any of the settings ? Since the 1.9 Patch hit today I wanted to compare any changes made by it to my settings compared to my backed up inis and since BethINI makes the ini files so much easier to read I was just wondering if that is possible :).

Just open BethINI and hit Save and Close.

i try to change the ini file i also try the backup before bethini on the settings but it does not work it still changes when i open the game i add bShowCompass=1 and when the game start after "initializing ini file' my compass will be gone and i will have to add bShowCompass=1 on the ini fies on my documents again but now i uninstall skyrim and bethini to see if it will work but i would still like to use bethini since it give me a good boost

i will make a new game on skyrim and see if the compass will be gone once i use bethini 

You seem to be making drastic moves to fix this. There are way more settings that could toggle off your compass than just that one, which is why I need to see what they look like. Also, please make sure it isn't a mod that is doing this.

Just open BethINI and hit Save and Close.

Thanks for the reply! :), but that actually removes entries from the inis, for example the default fallout4prefs.ini the launcher creates for me has the following entries under [Decals]:

[Decals]

uMaxDecals=1000

bDecals=1

bSkinnedDecals=1

uMaxSkinDecals=100

uMaxSkinDecalsPerActor=40

If I simply start BethINI and press Save and Close there is only this entry left:

[Decals]

uMaxDecals=1000

Now the entries that got removed might be bogus (I assume?) but just for the sake of comparison I wanted them to be left in, that is why I asked ^^, but since this isn't the purpose of the tool and would have just been for my own convenience, never mind ;)

Hello.

After much hemming and hawing, i'm about to use BethINI for Skyrim Special Edition, but i had two questions first.

Is it still possible to add my own INI tweaks after i use your application? I added some tweaks to lower the camera for my custom race and i would like to keep them, if possible.

And secondly, if, for whatever reason, i had to revert back to my default INI's , do i need to go back to a save from before i used BethINI?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the amateur level of my questions.

I was referred to Beth INI by a response to my query on Skyrim SE shadows. This looks excellent! One quick question: I use Mod Organizer 2 for my SE game, and whilst the Profile I use works, MO2 does not yet store game saves in the Profile. It still has to use the default Game Save folders. This leads to a silly situation where I have to make sure the INI files are identical in Profile and in Game Save locations because I can't tell which one is active, or if both are active!  I know the MO2 team will be resolving this in a near update but what's the best advice on Beth INI before I try?

It appears to have worked well out of the box.

Here are my observations:

* The program selected my default game save folders (that MO2 is currently using) and completely ignored the MO2 profiles despite being given MO2's correct directory path.  (It originally showed the MO2 path as "ERROR" but was happy to be pointed in the right direction.)

* There is no indication it took any notice of the mods in the MO2 set up. At least one has a unique INI file: Verdant.

* Bethini accepted most of my INI settings except for bFullScreen which it reverted to off (0). I need this set to "on" for my 21:9 widescreen utilities downloaded off Nexus. I would have preferred that setting to remain untouched.

* Skyrim SE now uses uLargeRefLODGridSize=11  (I use 13 as recommended by Dolomite Weathers, 11 is default). Bethini still shows "uGridstoLoad 5" as the choice, though this line no longer exists in the SE inis.

I made manual alterations to the Bethini files to set original settings on the above, so it was not a problem for me. The interface is great for Dumbos like me to make easy changes! Thanks for that. One little suggestion I'd like to make is where Screen Tips appear on settings, some more information on the ranges / fade range setting effects would help idiots like me to make sensible settings.

I'll see what happens when I next play the game.

Thnks for Bethini!