DoubleYou

After testing the FOV values, it would seem likely that you don't like altering the FOV, unless you misquoted yourself. fDefault1stPersonFOV doesn't seem to actually do anything, but I'm not ruling out that it doesn't work altogether at this point, although that is very likely. However, I found what you were looking for.

fDefaultFOV sets the default field of view in menus, such as the lockpicking interface and inventory.

fDefaultWorldFOV sets the default field of view of the world, which is what your character sees, in both first and third person.

I probably will change the field of view control to only change fDefaultWorldFOV based on these results.

Edit:

Tested the same values in Fallout 4 for some clues. It gave some interesting results.

fDefault1stPersonFOV changed the 1st person and Pipboy FOV

fDefaultFOV didn't seem to do anything, although I've heard rumors that it might do something with the scope.

fDefaultWorldFOV changed only the 3rd person FOV.

From this I gander that fDefault1stPersonFOV is indeed broken in Skyrim, since it does not, at the least, control 1st person FOV.

I followed some guide I found online, but I'm not sure which one. Maybe one of these:

https://forums.evga.com/Permanently-changing-FOV-in-Skyrim-m1321699.aspx

FOV=90 resets every time you restart the game. 
setcameraFOV 90
 should write the setting permanently into your .ini.

1. Go to C:\Users[uSERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim
Open SkyrimPrefs.ini, and search for [General] section
Add fdefaultfov=XX at the end of the section. (where XX is the FOV value you want to change to). For example add fdefaultfov=90
Open Skyrim.ini, and search for [Display] section
Add fDefaultWorldFOV=XX (where XX is the FOV value you put in fdefaultfov)
Add fDefault1stPersonFOV=xx.0000 (where XX is the FOV value you put in fdefaultfov)

https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/39900/how-do-i-save-the-fov-in-skyrim

1.In the SkyrimPrefs.ini file, add the following line to the [General] section at the bottom: 

fDefaultFOV=XX  

2.Then, open the skyrim.ini file, and add the following 2 lines to the [Display] section: 

fDefaultWorldFOV=XX  

fDefault1stPersonFOV=XX.XXXX  

3. Get in the game, load your savegame, press ~ and type FOV XX. Press ~ again to close the console. Save and exit. Now load your game and the FOV will never default back. 

Where XX is your preferred FOV 

I'd recommend using 73.74. At least for the 16:10 1920:1200 screens. 

I'm pretty sure it was one of those.

My current Skyrim.ini settings are:

fDefault1stPersonFOV=85
fDefaultFOV=65
fDefaultWorldFOV=65

I just started the game and typed in the console "fov 85" and nothing happened, which means it's currently set to 85. The FOV for book reading and lockpicking is the vanilla one. Maybe the changes got baked into the save file somehow when I used setcameraFOV 85 ?
Edited by Avastgard

Version 2.4

- Fixed startup INI selection window when INI files are initially not found to actually work.

- Changed "Disable Intro Video" to simply "Intro Video," since it toggles the Intro Video, instead of "disabling" it.

- Changed FOV setting to only set the player camera FOV.

- Added more info about "Modder's Paradise Mode" to the tooltip.

- Added Setup tab.

- The location of the INI files to be modified can now be changed in GUI, with built-in auto-detection of Mod Organizer profiles.

You know, the one thing I really, really liked about running across this wasn't so much the automatic entry of tweaks, or even the removal of useless options from within the ini files themselves.

It was that single, simple moment of clarity: alphabetizing the entries within the .ini file itself! In all the years I've been poking around in there, it never even once occurred to me that the entries could be organized for easier editing. It was like an lightbulb suddenly lit up!

And then promptly exploded into the depressing realization that I'm an idiot for not having thought of that myself.

-Bugfix: If Mouse Y Scale was changed, it would state that it changed the X Scale instead of the Y Scale.
-Bugfix: If Shadow Blurring was set to none, the INI would be given a value of ''none'' instead of 0.
-Bugfix: If Shadow Blurring was set to max, the INI would be given a value of ''max'' instead of -1.
-Bugfix: If Shadow Resolution was set to max, the INI would be given a value of ''max'' instead of -1.
-Code added/modified for future support of Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Fallout 4.
-Refactored Backup code, removing duplicate warnings and making it slightly faster.
-Refactored SortINI function, improving speed.
-If the Creation Kit files are not present, you will no longer get the warning about their nonexistence, and they shall not be modified.
-Added ''Fix Creation Kit'' toggle, which will control whether or not the Creation Kit files will be modified.

I can't run the latest version because it tells me I don't have writing access to the Skyrim.ini location and closes the program. I'm pretty sure this is because I am using MO (and therefore have Skyrim.ini in a different location). This happened with version 2.4, but then the program would start and allow me to set the correct location for the ini's. With this version, I can't do anything.

I can't run the latest version because it tells me I don't have writing access to the Skyrim.ini location and closes the program. I'm pretty sure this is because I am using MO (and therefore have Skyrim.ini in a different location). This happened with version 2.4, but then the program would start and allow me to set the correct location for the ini's. With this version, I can't do anything.

Run as Admin. Problem solved.

This is what happened when I ran 2.4:

1) Got two separate messages saying the ini's could not be backed up because I didn't have writing access to Documents/My Games/Skyrim. This is not true, I have writing access to that folder, but I didn't have any ini's there previously because I use MO;

2) When I originally tried v. 2.4, I clicked OK for both messages and the app started. I changed the path to the ini's and didn't get the warning from item 1 again. I didn't actually change the ini's because they were already good enough for me.

On the second time I ran 2.4, for troubleshooting purposes, I didn't change the ini path and ran the app. It edited the correct ini files on the correct MO location, even though the path was still incorrect on the first tab. I still got the duplicated entries bug, though. Nothing was changed on Documents/My Games/Skyrim.

This is what happens when I run 2.4.1:

I) I get one message saying that the ini's could not be backed up because I didn't have writing access to Documents/My Games/Skyrim and that the app will shut down.

Can't you just allow the app to run so we can change the path to the ini files?

Also, wouldn't it be a good idea to make spINI create a SkyrimCustom.ini file to overwrite Skyrim.ini and thus keep the original .ini intact?