DoubleYou

There seem to be some strange things that are happening when running it through MO for me too recently that I can't explain other than that perhaps some of the things that MO does is hindering it from working. It doesn't freeze for me, but I get duplicate entries and weird stuff.

Same here.

I cannot run the new version at all, not even clicking directly on the executable. I tried deleting the folder to download it again, but Windows keeps telling me it cannot be deleted because it's being used by the system, even though the executable is actually running. So I'm stuck now.

Could you send me the log file? Sounds like I might have a never-ending loop somewhere if that's the case. You should be able to kill the process via Task Manager in order to delete it.

Could you send me the log file? Sounds like I might have a never-ending loop somewhere if that's the case. You should be able to kill the process via Task Manager in order to delete it.

This is the log of the last of the four folders: https://pastebin.com/XawD1ARN

This log was sitting on the spINI cache folder along with the other folders ("Before spINI" and the four backup folders): https://pastebin.com/et8AvdAx

Although I think those were created when the app was actually running correctly. I don't think a log was generated after the app started freezing for me.

This app works like thunder! and it keep changes I made accross INI re/generation => Thanks! works like a charm now :thumbsup:

But is Finip4 the same "level"? (my game suddenly crash right after the first video intro, it can be the cause my game still unmodded, and working before I run Finip4, I try to test it again soon).

Edited by dredd3110

What is in your spINI.ini? And did you try the new version? You can try deleting the spINI.ini and start spINI again to see if that works.

I don't have a spINI.ini file anywhere. Where should it be?

Also, the spINI Cache folder only contains backups of SkyrimEditor.ini and SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini. Shouldn't it also contain backups of Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini? Or is it different because I'm using MO?

The latest version has the same problem for me, clicking the .exe or running it from MO leads to nothing - the app never starts and MO freezes, and I cannot end it through Task Manager because it doesn't show up there. Trying to delete the .exe gives a message saying it's impossible because the file is being used by the system. The only solution is to reboot the PC.

EDIT: I think I may have screwed something up by moving some files to different folders - I can't remember if I did this or not. Should I delete everything and start over? Which files should I delete and where?

Edited by Avastgard

The first thing that spINI does upon startup is create the spINI.ini file in the same directory that spINI.exe is located, if it doesn't exist. If that doesn't happen, spINI won't be able to run, because it will not know what game it is managing. I'll create a check to cause it to exit if that happens.

Latest version is still a no go for me. I can't run it no matter what, from MO or clicking directly on the executable. I deleted all the folders from the previous version and installed 2.2.3, but MO still freezes after I try to run it. The process keeps running on the background and the only way to stop it is rebooting the PC. :(

EDIT: no folder was created on Documents/My Games/Skyrim when running from MO.

Edited by Avastgard

No. Clicking it leads to an eternal loading ring on the windows mouse cursor and nothing happens. On eitther case (inside or outside MO), the process never actually shows up on the Task Manager and no folders are created in Documents/My Games/Skyrim, but it is apparently being used by System, as trying to delete it has shown.

EDIT: Does the .exe need to be on a specific location?

Edited by Avastgard

I just tried running version 2.0 outside Mod Organizer and it launched fine. Did you change anything on later versions that could have any influence on my problem?

EDIT: Or maybe you could send me a template spINI.ini so I can see if it helps the app launch.

Edited by Avastgard