DoubleYou

SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Imagespace]
bDoDepthOfField=1

This was done.... ( at least people are NOT saying re-install windows ... lol :).. )  given this is the most common reason , and known.

the other poster , was suggestion , ENB , which made me question

Edited by sutex

I would like to add in that turning on terrain fade in stole my mountains and caused the game to slow down a huge amount and ultimately freeze as I got closer to the Guardian Stones. This occurred in new games with my current mod list and in new MO profiles with no mods enabled save for Dime's Quickstart and USLEEP.

All my other settings were at Ultra presets.

Edited by ZumboPrime

I would like to add in that turning on terrain fade in stole my mountains and caused the game to slow down a huge amount and ultimately freeze as I got closer to the Guardian Stones. This occurred in new games with my current mod list and in new MO profiles with no mods enabled save for Dime's Quickstart and USLEEP.

All my other settings were at Ultra presets.

Turning on terrain fade in will give a hugely reduced visual distance, this is documented in the previous page in response to a post I made initially regarding my shorter viewing distance from the docks of Solitude, it will give you longer load times and slow downs as you get closer as it has to load in all the textures as they are drawn into your viewing distance, if you want to experience maximum viewing distance and minimum slow down I recommend turning this option off.

The option your looking for is in your Skyrim.ini under [TerrainManager] the line you are looking for will be "bUseNewTerrainSystem" yours given your report will be set to 0, setting it to 1 will give you back the terrain and reduce your load-in slow downs

Edited by Rebel47

• 4 weeks later...

For one reason or another, the [Archive] entries in both .inis were reproduced about 6 times, and that may have been about the number of times I saved changes with this tool.  Could that be a bug?

Edited by boycad

• 3 weeks later...
I am experiencing a bug that started happening shortly after I ran the spINI app and updated ENB (without graphical modification), so I am assuming it's one of those that caused it, most likely because I didn't set something correctly.

Some meshes (or textures, not sure) that should disappear don't do so. The most notorious examples are flowers and other harvestable ingredients. After being harvested, instead of disappearing, they actually remain there, only a little more transparent than before.

Similar behavior is also observed on other cases, like some banners in dungeons or the Hermaeus Mora tentacles inside Septimus Signus' Outpost. I could see them on the entrance before Mora's actual appearance and conversation with me. Recently, I also noticed that the Steel Horned Helmet is also showing up semitransparent.

Could this be a problem with an ini setting?

Edited by Avastgard

• 2 weeks later...
So I updated to enbseries v. 0.305 and ran spINI again, and the problem is gone. I just don't know what fixed it.

Comparing both my .inis (one from when this bug was happening and the other from after the bug was fixed), I just found one different line in SkyrimPrefs.ini:

Old file (from when some objects were shown semitransparent):

[Display]
iShadowMaskQuarter=3

New File (fixed)

[Display]
iShadowMaskQuarter=4

Edited by Avastgard

Will the actual .ini show 4 or will it keep the number you set to? Because I am pretty sure that the .ini with the value 3 was the one I was using at the time this bug was happening.

Are there any other changes spini makes that change anything else other than the two .inis? If no, then the problem should be on ENB, although the developer claims it has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Avastgard