DoubleYou

You might want to add a function that checks if spINI already has backed up copies of the INIs and if so it either asks to backup those or leave them alone.

As a test I has my default INIs restored then ran spINI and "spINIified" them. Later I tried again and the backed up versions are now of the first run, meaning the default value INIs are lost.

Not really an issue if you know that's what happens, as I did, I just made copies before I ran it a second time. Users that aren't as careful might find it odd though.

I believe the correct location is being found, because if I delete the INIs and run spINI, new INIs are created in the correct MO profile foder.

The message I get tells me that I probably don't have writing access to a certain folder. I can't tell which one exactly because the message is not displayed entirely.

What about the V-sync thing? Is there a line in Skyrim.ini I should be looking at to make sure V-sync is enabled?

You might want to add a function that checks if spINI already has backed up copies of the INIs and if so it either asks to backup those or leave them alone.

As a test I has my default INIs restored then ran spINI and "spINIified" them. Later I tried again and the backed up versions are now of the first run, meaning the default value INIs are lost.

Not really an issue if you know that's what happens, as I did, I just made copies before I ran it a second time. Users that aren't as careful might find it odd though.

In the spINI Cache, it keeps four backup + one Before spINI backup, or it is supposed to.

I believe the correct location is being found, because if I delete the INIs and run spINI, new INIs are created in the correct MO profile foder.

The message I get tells me that I probably don't have writing access to a certain folder. I can't tell which one exactly because the message is not displayed entirely.

What about the V-sync thing? Is there a line in Skyrim.ini I should be looking at to make sure V-sync is enabled?

If you have spINI tweaks, there's one for vsync in there.

The message about write access will be mentioned if it tried to create the backup but fails. This can be a write access issue, either pertaining to the Skyrim folder or the Documents\My Games\Skyrim folder.

Uploaded a new version to hopefully fix some of these issues

-Now creates a spINI.ini file to store user settings 
-Now if the Skyrim.ini file cannot be found, prompts the user to choose the correct location of Skyrim.ini, storing that location to the spINI.ini file. 
-Some code optimizations

Version 2.2 
  • Added Tooltips to GUI controls explaining what they do.
  • Removed the spINIfy button and function, replaced with the Default button. spINIfication is done automatically.
  • Fixed bug that might cause the graphics card detection to fail.

f91f9ee6e74ba9c5492031017ad3484f.png

2.0 spINI.exe worked fine but now with 2.1 whenever I hit spinify it throws this error at me.

2.2 should fix this issue.

Can the current version still be run from MO? MO freezes everytime I try to launch it. I cannot use the app anymore.

There seem to be some strange things that are happening when running it through MO for me too recently that I can't explain other than that perhaps some of the things that MO does is hindering it from working. It doesn't freeze for me, but I get duplicate entries and weird stuff.

I think I'll just redesign it so that you can point it to your MO profile path. You can do that already by manually editing the spINI.ini file, but I'll put that in GUI later.

I cannot run the new version at all, not even clicking directly on the executable. I tried deleting the folder to download it again, but Windows keeps telling me it cannot be deleted because it's being used by the system, even though the executable is NOT actually running. So I'm stuck now.

EDIT: added the word "not" in capitals.

Edited by Avastgard

I cannot run the new version at all, not even clicking directly on the executable. I tried deleting the folder to download it again, but Windows keeps telling me it cannot be deleted because it's being used by the system, even though the executable is actually running. So I'm stuck now.

Either another process has one of the files open or a system thread is still running. Either reboot or grab a copy of Unlocker and kill it.