Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

I didn't touch the installer files. Actually, the only thing I did was update the readmes and then drop the ruffled feather files into the main Core folder. 

Nope, it was a copy and paste error from when element staves was added in. Unfortunately, it does need a fix. Here is the new file: https://mega.nz/#!cxcxha4T!QqnAa6enAlKXUyAn8eXRlD4URUrRRdpBE6LyoFX9N2Y

If you can't reupload, let me know and I'll take care of it.

You might have to do it Tech. The nexus is not playing nice with me the last couple days. 

You'll have to change the copies from the nexus because I haven't synced the latest ones with Mega yet.

Remember to update the info.xml as well. 

Did you add the other two mods from the 2.10 dev version of the compilation? 

No, I see now that they've not been added. You have them listed in the STEP Compilation Files text file, though. That is why I added them to the Changelog on Nexus. Feel free to fix the changelog. It's not a big deal.

I am getting a recurring CTD that I am fairly certain I have traced to the STEP Core Patch.esp. It happens when I 'coc whiterun' from the start menu then run past whiterun sort-of towards bleakwind basin. It happens roughly around grid 0,-2. It also doesn't happen if I approach the area from a completely different direction (e.g. running around the north side of whiterun).

I started removing mods and testing and it seems to depend on when STEP Core Patch.esp is activated or not. I say 'seems to' because it would CTD about 80% of the time when STEP Core Patch.esp was enabled and (as far as I can test) 0% of the time when it wasn't enabled. Im not sure what else to do from here bc the patch is necessary for a STEP Core install.

Note that using coc to move to a location is known to cause issues because scripts that should be triggered when entering an area are bypassed among other issues. If you can reproduce the crash normally when entering the area, I suggest first double checking that all BSAs are checked in the Archive tab in the right pane, that you've generated the bashed patch according to the guide, and you aren't missing any mods or have any extra mods.

So while I like the idea of the STEP Compilation as it makes it easier for users that does only wants to run STEP and no more, I've got a slight pet peeve with it.

I was using an earlier version of STEP in my Mod Organizer when I setup the latest one and as such most of the stuffs inside the Compilation was already installed, which I think saved me from quite some pain when I decided not to initially install the STEP Compilation, because at the time I didn't understand the need for it.

However I decided to look into it again today and realized why I'd never install it and why I must voice my concern about going with this method.

The beauty of using Mod Organizer is that it lets you organize the mods in the order you want it content to be displayed. However with the STEP Compilation you kind of override that. As it would be almost impossible for personal configuration of a lot of things when you ask people to load it dead last.

I use UNP Body as well as lot of Gamwich stuffs, the Compilation would override a lot of its content. Only way for me to actually get the things I want to load, would to essentially put the STEP Compilation at the "Conflicting Graphics" category.

So what I do urge you is to keep this in mind when you setup the guide, either separate things or have the graphics load earlier in the list as I'd not be surprised if a few users would find mods installed on top of STEP getting overridden by the Compilation.

Personally I'm going trough the Compilation page to make sure I've got all the stuffs I want in my game, but yeah, just thought I'd share my concern.

tl;dr: STEP Compilation makes personal customization much harder.

Edited by Exoclyps

Note that using coc to move to a location is known to cause issues because scripts that should be triggered when entering an area are bypassed among other issues. If you can reproduce the crash normally when entering the area, I suggest first double checking that all BSAs are checked in the Archive tab in the right pane, that you've generated the bashed patch according to the guide, and you aren't missing any mods or have any extra mods.

Ah, I didn't realize that., thanks! I use coc to test Dyndolod usually. I tried the same thing from an alternate start: walked from riverwood to the same place and everything was fine.