Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

STEP Core includes every mod on the wiki guide with a green bar on the left-side of the mod name.

STEP Extended includes everything on the Wiki, besides a few mods or patches that end up being redundant. Relevant instructions to not install these mods (or specific patch options with a mod) are found in the Detailed Instructions.

The STEP Compilation detailed instructions include a table underneath the instructions that has the information on mods included in Core or Extended versions of the STEP Compilation mod. The STEP Compilation does not include all the mods in the STEP guide. It is a compilation of mods (mostly textures) that are not included elsewhere on the wiki guide, and are compiled together in one mod for ease of installation. The STEP Compilation also includes the STEP Patch (Core or Extended, automatically chosen for you in the FOMOD).

STEP Core includes every mod on the wiki guide with a green bar on the left-side of the mod name.

STEP Extended includes everything on the Wiki, besides a few mods or patches that end up being redundant. Relevant instructions to not install these mods (or specific patch options with a mod) are found in the Detailed Instructions.

The STEP Compilation detailed instructions include a table underneath the instructions that has the information on mods included in Core or Extended versions of the STEP Compilation mod. The STEP Compilation does not include all the mods in the STEP guide. It is a compilation of mods (mostly textures) that are not included elsewhere on the wiki guide, and are compiled together in one mod for ease of installation. The STEP Compilation also includes the STEP Patch (Core or Extended, automatically chosen for you in the FOMOD).

The green bar system works well and makes the distinction between Core and Extended mods very clear in the main guide.

So that is why I was surprised and confused when I looked at the STEP Compilation detailed instructions and saw that the green bar system has been abandoned for the table of STEP Compilation mods.

I can see it now, but at the time I did not even notice the "Core" column with the "true"/"false" values.

I think it would be much clearer, and more consistent, it the green bar system was used for the STEP Compilation table of mods.

The green bar system works well and makes the distinction between Core and Extended mods very clear in the main guide.

So that is why I was surprised and confused when I looked at the STEP Compilation detailed instructions and saw that the green bar system has been abandoned for the table of STEP Compilation mods.

I can see it now, but at the time I did not even notice the "Core" column with the "true"/"false" values.

I think it would be much clearer, and more consistent, it the green bar system was used for the STEP Compilation table of mods.

It probably would be, but with the upcoming development the two Guides (Core and Extended) will be entirely separated so it's not something that will be updated due to it be pointless in a few months.

I noticed that the elven eye textures included in the compilation come from the default version of Natural Eyes, not the "Elves Alternative Eyes" optional file. Despite the name, "Elves Alternative Eyes" is more similar to the vanilla eyes than the default version of Natural Eyes.

Comparison from the mod page:

3589-1-1324249619.jpg

Was it intended? I read all posts in the discussion thread, but I couldn't find anything.

• 1 month later...

I've installed STEP Compilation with the "no ELE" option onto Core and Extended profiles.

For STEP Core

STEP Core Patch.esp has "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp" as an enabled master.

STEP Core Patch.esp has a Description of "patch for STEP v2.2.9.2 without ELE/ICAIO support"

- which is wrong, it should be "patch for STEP v2.2.9.2 no ELE support".

For STEP Extended

STEP Extended Patch.esp does not have "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp" as an enabled master.

- which I think is an error.

STEP Extended Patch.esp has a Description of "patch for STEP v2.2.9.2 without ELE/ICAIO support"

- which also looks wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I've followed the instructions for STEP extended install, and relative to texture enhancing mods i've used all the recommended options (so I haven't considered higher res choices). Now I'm going to install step compilation. Which one do I need to choose, high res or normal res?

Edited by LewsTherin

Hello!

I've followed the instructions for STEP extended install, and relative to texture enhancing mods i've used all the recommended options (so I haven't considered higher res choices). Now I'm going to install step compilation. Which one do I need to choose, high res or normal res?

If you are following the STEP recommended options then go with Normal res. 

• 5 months later...