Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

Hello,

recently I wanted to update Immersive Citizens to 0.3.2.2 but Shurah wrote in his Nexus Forum that STEP users should wait for the STEP patch update to benefit from Immersive Citizens 0.3.2.2.

Now STEP patch 2.2.9.2l arrived and I wanted to ask if it's ready to use with the new version of ICAIO? Guess "yes" but with only a few days inbetween the publishing of the two, just wanted to know for sure.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

For the patches, the only things that I would really like to see well documented and detailed are any records forwarded that doesn't require the plugin to be a master. You can load up just the STEP Plugin and its masters to see many forwarded records of this type. In this situation, it's impossible to know what mods those records are being forwarded from.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been working my way through the STEP v2.2.9.2 installation for the past week. Now I've finally reached "2.N. Patches", and am trying to install the CORE version "STEP Compilation".

However, the installer says that I'm not eligible for the CORE version.

I've confirmed that all the required plugins from the 1st page of this thread have been activated in my load order. How can I troubleshoot this further?

Load Order

P.S. I see that you list the plugin names with '&' instead of '&'. This affects 'Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp' and 'Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp'. I tried changing my plugin names to fit your listed ones, but it didn't make a difference.

Edited by Erichur

I've been working my way through the STEP v2.2.9.2 installation for the past week. Now I've finally reached "2.N. Patches", and am trying to install the CORE version "STEP Compilation".

However, the installer says that I'm not eligible for the CORE version.

I've confirmed that all the required plugins from the 1st page of this thread have been activated in my load order. How can I troubleshoot this further?

Load Order

P.S. I see that you list the plugin names with '&' instead of '&'. This affects 'Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp' and 'Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp'. I tried changing my plugin names to fit your listed ones, but it didn't make a difference.

Open the archive and copy and paste the plugin into the Overwrite folder temporarily. Then, in the Plugins Tab hover over the Patch and it will tell you what you're missing. Install the missing plugin and try to install the Compilation again. If it's a mod that isn't listed, please let us know so that we can add it to the list. If it's telling you there isn't any missing masters, then there is an issue with the FOMOD installer.

The '&' is due to the XML code that FOMODs are written in. The '&' symbols are parsed as part of the code, causing it to fail. Therefore, any time you need to define a plugin that includes an ampersand, you must use the Entity equivalent. The Decimal or Hex equivalent might work, as well, but I haven't tried them in practice.

The decimal or hex equivalent should work just as well (although I haven't tried it with FOMODs either), but it is far more common to use entity tags (like &, <, and >) when encoding element and attribute values in XML files.

Open the archive and copy and paste the plugin into the Overwrite folder temporarily. Then, in the Plugins Tab hover over the Patch and it will tell you what you're missing. Install the missing plugin and try to install the Compilation again. If it's a mod that isn't listed, please let us know so that we can add it to the list. If it's telling you there isn't any missing masters, then there is an issue with the FOMOD installer.

Ok, so I had the same problem as the user you replied to. I then pasted the core patch.esp into the overwrite folder. Checking the Plugin gave me a list of enabled masters and no missing masters.

Can I install the plugin manually? By that I mean using the fomod installer to get the textures and everything except for the patch and afterwards manually installing the patch.esp?

Ok, so I had the same problem as the user you replied to. I then pasted the core patch.esp into the overwrite folder. Checking the Plugin gave me a list of enabled masters and no missing masters.

Can I install the plugin manually? By that I mean using the fomod installer to get the textures and everything except for the patch and afterwards manually installing the patch.esp?

Does it allow you to install the Extended patch? I'm just trying to get a feel for it's behavior. I ask about the Extended Patch because if you can install it, I most likely intentionally designed it that way because using a Core patch on an Extended install is not generally recommended for a stable play-through because you'll be missing some of the required patches between the Extended mods. However, if it's not allowing neither Patch to be installed, then something is missing for your installs or something is wrong with the FOMOD. I guess I need to update my Core profile to test it.