Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

I had this exact same issue in the exact same cave on my last playthrough and I never did look into it far enough to narrow it down. Now that another player has confirmed, it needs investigation. My suspicions were on DynDOLOD because that is partly an "open world" cave, but being that it could be the STEP Patch is a real issue.

DynDOLOD was disabled for testing, everything not related to the Expanded-Patch was disabled in the Left Pane of Mod Organizer for the test and the Screenshot. Just the Mods u need to load the Patch (needed Plugins) were activated.

Its causing crashes too btw, had rly hard lags and many crashes on the Clavicus Vile Quest. Maybe its related to a script or something, cant find anything related with TES5Edit that would cause it. But im a noob - someone with more inside on the STEP-Patches should look into it.

That's just the spell-effect from the Vampire that is attacking me.

I can reproduce this every time with the missing cave ground, "coc haemarsshame01" on the starting screen so its not related to a bad savegame or something.

Edited by FourOne

I figured out your problem.

You must have either not installed SMIM or have not installed it correctly/completely.

:huh:  I had this issue too and on verified STEP install. SMIM was install exactly to the Guide.

How do you figure this was SMIM?

PS: I'll be back up and running today or tomorrow and will be able to test this soon.

That fixed it, thank you very much mate. SNIM was installed, don't know for sure what i did wrong the last time.

One thing i noticed:

Dungeons Cliffs Snow Skirts

Snow Blending ESP

Should be

Dungeons Cliffs Snow Skirts

Snow Blending ESP (Recommended)

Think i used "No Snow Blending ESP" last time, checked it this time too but on 2nd look I corrected it and everything works fine now.

Just verified my SMIM installation. It is installed according to STEP Guide. I did completely delete and redo my entire installation since that play-through, so perhaps I had something messed up with SMIM as well. I'm downloading it again to ensure the mod page is correct with the installer (Brumbek likes to a changes wording around somethings). Actually, he hasn't updated SMIM in quite some time now.

:huh:  I had this issue too and on verified STEP install. SMIM was install exactly to the Guide.

How do you figure this was SMIM?

PS: I'll be back up and running today or tomorrow and will be able to test this soon.

Well, 41 said that the issue went away when he disabled the STEP Extended Patch, so I opened it up in TES5Edit and looked to see if it modified Haemar's Shame. It did not. However, some of the SMIM ESP changes that we merge in are referenced to some ground cave mesh file paths that Brumbek changed, so on a hunch I launched the game without SMIM by simply unchecking the entire SMIM mod. As I expected, since the mesh file path pointed to a non-existent file, there simply was no floor at the exact same location in the photos.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am not sure where I am going wrong.  When I try and install the STEP Compilation Mod the options for the both the Core and Extended Patches are greyed out.  I have verified that I have all the .esp files listed and checked in mod organizer for both patches but it still says it is not eligible.