Step Skyrim LE Patches

DoubleYou

I had to leave town suddenly, so I won't be doing the updates to anything until Monday at the earliest. Maybe on Sunday night depending on what time I can get home. 

It's not going to really mess anything up by keeping the old patches. I promise, you won't even be able to tell the difference. 

Great! It would be nice one without ADS.esp and THE Choice Is Yours (especially)

LE: Never mind, I've made it myself..

I've also been trying to find my way in pulling out The Choice Is Yours from the STEP Extended patch. I've tried to do it with the help of this thread and this one, but without luck. Since i don't seem to be alone in wanting to dig this one mod out, is there any way there could be an option in the FOMOD installer for an alternative .esp without (from what i understand is) a patch for Even Better Quest Objectives and The Choice Is Yours? If not, i understand and i love the considerable work that is already being done on STEP

I'm going to say no on that one and that you'll have to remove it yourself. We're already providing multiple version of the patches and if we keep going as we are, we're going to end up with way too many patch versions that will be far too difficult to manage. The STEP Patches are all handcrafted, so with each version of the patches we're adding man-hours to our workload that is just too much.

I think the best solution is for us to create a generic Guide to removing mods from the Patches that users can follow to customize their own versions. Hopefully this will all be replaced by Mator Smash soon anyway.

Perhaps you could use Merge Plugins Standalone or something like that? Create a set of mini-patches for specific mods, with a nice FOMOD/BAIN for cherrypickers, and a batch file for merging the selection into a single patch.

Hey EssArrBee,

sorry to bug you again, but I wanted to take advantage of the brief time frame none of the mods in my load order needs updates. I wonder how long this will last as new releases need patches for this and compability fixes for that...

In short I wanted to start a playthrough without any changes/updates midgame and the last file I wait for is the STEP patch with its minior changes.

I know I can start with the current version. Updating the patch will be a piece of cake and will do no harm to my save and I will probably start... but I'll wait if You are able to get the STEP patch ready in on or two days.

Could you give me a short answer about the timeline for the update, please. I'm sorry for my impatience... :innocent:

Can someone who is using the extended patch test something for me to confirm its a bug?

Use "coc haemarsshame01" and look if u have missing caveparts, for me there are several groundparts missing. It works fine when i disable the "Step Extended Patch.esp" - but I'm using several Packs, so it would be nice if someone with a clean Step-Extended could test it.

EDIT: Disabled everything not STEP-Extended related and still the same Problem, missing cave-ground-parts.

Edited by FourOne

I don't see any obvious missing caveparts when I arrive at that spot. I assume that by missing caveparts you mean transparent areas of the cave with no textures.

Do you have mods in addition to those in STEP extended?

Nope parts are missing, not invisible. Just walk a little bit, 2nd or 3rd "room". Theres a table on the left floating in the air for me, allmost all bigger rooms have missing Ground parts.

Tested without additional mods, still the same. As soon as i enable the Plugin the Ground is missing at some spots.

Edited by FourOne

EV6eTDx.jpg

NQaahCU.jpg

Made 2 Screenshots in Haemars Caverns.

Disabled all Mods that are not needed for the Extended-Plugin, only difference is i disabled the Extended-Plugin on the 2nd Screenshot. There are more examples in this Zone, every bigger Room has missing Groundparts.