Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

• 5 months later...

Well after reading through the changelog it looks like he fixed Hearthfire.

Version 1.75
-Added many Hearthfire meshes to use SMIM variants. Most of these are the menu interface versions shown when building the objects. 
-Hearthfire version of noble round table mesh (byohinterfacenobletableroundchairs01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of noble square table mesh (byohinterfacenobletablesquarechairs01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper single bed mesh (byohinterfaceupperbedsingle01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper bench mesh (byohinterfaceupperbench01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper chair mesh (byohinterfaceupperchair01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper chest mesh (byohinterfaceupperchest01.nif) added to install folder 40 Furniture Chests. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper dresser mesh (byohinterfaceupperdresser01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper end table mesh (byohinterfaceupperendtable01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper shelf mesh (byohinterfaceuppershelf01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper display shelf mesh (byohinterfaceuppershelfdisplay01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper table drawers mesh (byohinterfaceuppertabledrawers01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper table drawers display shelf mesh (byohinterfaceuppertabledrawersdisplay02.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper round table mesh (byohinterfaceuppertableround01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper square table mesh (byohinterfaceuppertablesquare01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of upper wardrobe mesh (byohinterfaceupperwardrobe01.nif) added to install folder 02 Furniture. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of noble table mesh (byohinterfacenobletablelong01.nif) added to install folder 42 Furniture Noble. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of noble chair 1 mesh (byohinterfacenoblechair01.nif) added to install folder 42 Furniture Noble. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of noble chair 2 mesh (byohinterfacenoblechair02.nif) added to install folder 42 Furniture Noble. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of chandelier mesh (byohinterfaceimpchandelier01.nif) added to install folder 72 Chandeliers. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of one basement mesh (byohinterfacebasement01.nif) added to install folder 60 Hearthfires Stuff. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of archery target (byohinterfacearcherytarget01.nif) added to install folder 60 Hearthfires Stuff. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of skeleton trophy (byohhousetrophyskeleton01.nif) added to install folder 26 Human Skull Fixes. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of interface animal rings (byohinterfaceanimalring01.nif) added to install folder 45 Hanging Rings. Hearthfire not required. 
-Hearthfire version of smelter (invsmelter01.nif) added to install folder 19 Smelter. Hearthfire not required. 
-Updated cratesmall01.nif to incorporate USKP collision fix. 
-Updated ruinspot01.nif to incorporate USKP collision fix. 
-Updated ruinspot03.nif to incorporate USKP collision fix. 
-Updated upperendtable02.nif to incorporate USKP collision fix. 
-Updated testskeleton.nif to fix a vanilla UV error I never noticed. Very minor. 
-Fixed wrong folders for two ice caverns meshes (caveifwalldoorl01.nif and caveilwalldoorl01.nif). Now the mesh fixes actually work. Thanks lexo1000 for letting me know. 
-Fixed misspelled folder for half-size hawk texture. Thanks Darthsith and blennus. 
-Deleted the moonsugar01.dds and moonsugar01_n.dds from the Half Size textures install folder since this was from the High Quality Food and Ingredients mod and was accidentally put in the SMIM archive.

Brumbek seams to be finding the time mod again, so that's nice.

Version 1.76
-SMIM'd the imperial pressure plate trap (trappressureplatemetal01.nif) used in over 60 places. Only took 6 months to finally get the motivation to finish it. Thanks to donators for giving me a nudge. 
-SMIM'd the Imperial Wall Shackle (imperialwallshackle01.nif) used in over 80 places. Part of the 71 Candelabras Sconces Walltorches install folder. 
-Minor UV fix for several Imperial meshes previously SMIM'd (impwallsconce02candleoff01.nif, impwallsconce02candleon01.nif, impwallsconce02nocandle01.nif). 
-Fixed cave lamp mesh (cave_lamp01.nif) to fix totally incorrect rope normal map texture, my mistake. Thanks to benhat for spotting this. 
-Improved the rabbit texture (vanilla texture was very bad, I'd have to reanimate the entire rabbit to truly improve it). 
-Changed folder name for non-dense woven fence to 18 Farmhouse Woven Fence since it is the recommended install option now. Updated both installer scripts. 
-Hearthfire version of two woven fence meshes (invanimalpen01.nif, invgarden01.nif) added to install folder 18 Farmhouse Woven Fence. Hearthfire not required. 
-Fixed wrong folders for another ice caverns meshes (caveiswalldoorl01.nif). Now the mesh fixes actually work. Thanks raiserfx for letting me know.

He also did a podcast with Totalbiscut and Darkone. https://youtu.be/5aavBAplp5A

Wow it seems that a side effect of the Workshop clusterf*** is that a lot more people are donating... which means more motivation for modders! So... thank you Valve, I guess?

Off topic: Love the username! Guess I'm no longer the only "tech" around. haha! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even notice the update.

Version 1.77

-SMIM'd the Solitude Gate doors (sgatedoor.nif and slgdoor01.nif) to change the flat surface to 3D using a custom higher resolution texture. Not compatible with other Solitude gate texture mods.

8655-0-1431627004.jpg

You should either merge it into the base mod, or install it separately after it.

• 1 month later...