Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

With the current version at this moment being 1.81, do I still follow the detailed instructions (for SMIM v1-79 main file and the SMIM Update to 1-80 from 1-76) to the letter?

Yes, I just checked and nothing changed. Files were added to the Core set which gets installed regardless of the options chosen.

Mod Page Updated

Updated to 1.82 today. Basically the Whiterun update.

Version 1.82
-SMIM'd the Solitude Poor Coffin (scoffinpoor.nif) used in about 60 places. I just hated how perfectly square the original was. Thanks to Langley for letting me incorporate part of her texture into my new one. 
-I also included a Solitude Poor Coffin version that uses the default vanilla texture in the Core folder just in case anyone is using a very specific texture replacer they prefer. 
-Added new Whiterun Castle wood carvings option that uses a new custom-made wood carving texture and fits it properly on all the meshes. 
-FYI: the new texture deviates from vanilla but looks really nice I think. It is darker with some distinct patterns and colors to offset the very bland bright wood texture in Dragonsreach. 
-All the wood carving meshes have had Specular reapplied to the shader since my new texture includes a proper specular channel. 
-Various UV improvements were also made to the Whiterun Castle meshes where needed. 
-Also properly welded some vertices on the wood carvings for certain meshes to align the texture properly. 
-Also properly positioned the wood carving UV mapping on all the meshes to remove an ugly seam. The longer I work with their meshes, the more sloppy Bethesda becomes, har har. 
-Fixed incorrect vertex colors on wood carving for wrintcastlewallstrchimney01.nif. This is part of the Core install as well as Whiterun Castle install. 
-Fixed hole in wrintcastlewallstrdoortrans01.nif that let you see out into the void. Good work me! 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlewallstrmaindoor01.nif, part of both the Core and Whiterun Castle install. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlewallbasestrdouble02.nif to fix very wacked sides. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlefreepillar01mid.nif and wrintcastlefreepillar01top.nif. This will make texture replacers look better. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeam04.nif and wrintcastleroofsupportbeam05.nif to fix stretching. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeamloft01.nif to fix seriously wacked UV. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeamwing01.nif to fix seriously wacked UV. 
-UV fix for side wood piece on stairwell on wrdunintstairsdown01.nif. 
-Changed installer to actually default to Pull Chains Small Rings install option since it is more realistic. 
-Added Orc Longhouse installer option that I forgot to add in the prior full version.

I'm not crazy about the wood carving update in Whitrun, I rather like the ones in game with AMB. Might have to hide them.

8655-1-1436420833.jpg

Updated to 1.82 today. Basically the Whiterun update.

Version 1.82
-SMIM'd the Solitude Poor Coffin (scoffinpoor.nif) used in about 60 places. I just hated how perfectly square the original was. Thanks to Langley for letting me incorporate part of her texture into my new one. 
-I also included a Solitude Poor Coffin version that uses the default vanilla texture in the Core folder just in case anyone is using a very specific texture replacer they prefer. 
-Added new Whiterun Castle wood carvings option that uses a new custom-made wood carving texture and fits it properly on all the meshes. 
-FYI: the new texture deviates from vanilla but looks really nice I think. It is darker with some distinct patterns and colors to offset the very bland bright wood texture in Dragonsreach. 
-All the wood carving meshes have had Specular reapplied to the shader since my new texture includes a proper specular channel. 
-Various UV improvements were also made to the Whiterun Castle meshes where needed. 
-Also properly welded some vertices on the wood carvings for certain meshes to align the texture properly. 
-Also properly positioned the wood carving UV mapping on all the meshes to remove an ugly seam. The longer I work with their meshes, the more sloppy Bethesda becomes, har har. 
-Fixed incorrect vertex colors on wood carving for wrintcastlewallstrchimney01.nif. This is part of the Core install as well as Whiterun Castle install. 
-Fixed hole in wrintcastlewallstrdoortrans01.nif that let you see out into the void. Good work me! 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlewallstrmaindoor01.nif, part of both the Core and Whiterun Castle install. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlewallbasestrdouble02.nif to fix very wacked sides. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastlefreepillar01mid.nif and wrintcastlefreepillar01top.nif. This will make texture replacers look better. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeam04.nif and wrintcastleroofsupportbeam05.nif to fix stretching. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeamloft01.nif to fix seriously wacked UV. 
-UV improvements to wrintcastleroofsupportbeamwing01.nif to fix seriously wacked UV. 
-UV fix for side wood piece on stairwell on wrdunintstairsdown01.nif. 
-Changed installer to actually default to Pull Chains Small Rings install option since it is more realistic. 
-Added Orc Longhouse installer option that I forgot to add in the prior full version.
I'm not crazy about the wood carving update in Whitrun, I rather like the ones in game with AMB. Might have to hide them.

8655-1-1436420833.jpg

yeah the original ones are way better looking.

• 4 weeks later...

Right. thanks for the quick reply.

Currently I haven't installed the SMIM Update to 1-87 from 1-76 optional file, since I have reason to believe it's not actually needed with this version.

However, I'm taking my sweet time with installing STEP, therefor I'm confident clarification on the issue will be provided while I work my way down the list.

• 3 months later...