Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

• 2 weeks later...

STEP instruction page mentions instructions are current up to version 1.68. I see the mod is now at 1.72.

Can I install that one as part of my STEP install, and if so, are there any things I need to do that aren't in the instructions, or any instructions I shouldn't follow?

Instructions on the STEP page are as follows:

[spoiler=Instructions on STEP]From the SMIM v1-68 file, choose the Custom install option on the first window, and install ALL options EXCEPT Lanterns and Xtra Options - Ultra-Sized Textures Addon (due to these being a massive texture size increase). Install ALL options as follows (where there is more than one option besides 'None'):Dungeons Cliffs Snow SkirtsSnow Blending ESPBarrelsModified Vanilla BarrelsFood - Tomato StyleDefault HeirloomFarmhouse RopesFarmhouse 3D Ropes No FadeChains 3D - Pull LeversChains 3D - Pull Levers Small RingsFarmhouse Woven FenceWoven Fence Dense Grey (NOTE: If heavy flickering occurs with the fences, either disable or use the light version.)TankardsDark Brushed Metal TankardsHawkHawk Improvements with Dragonborn DLCShack RoofsImproved Shack Roofs with Dragonborn DLCWindmillsSkyMills Compatibility (NOTE: May cause flicking at resolutions of 1080 and below.)Jewelry RingsJewelry Rings VanillaFurniture TexturesSMIM DefaultDawnguard Soulcairn Bone PilesBone Piles Yellow BonesXtra Options - Half-Size Textures AddonNone (NOTE: Low VRAM graphic card users can use the half-size textures.)NOTES: The following can be safely deactivated or moved to Optional ESPs if using the USKP and the STEP Patches.StaticMeshImprovementMod.esp - redundant with the Unofficial Skyrim PatchStaticMeshImprovementMod-DragonbornTernFix.esp - redundant with the STEP PatchesStaticMeshImprovementMod-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp - redundant with the STEP Patches

• 4 weeks later...

Besides the answer "JUST UPGRADE TO LOOT", I want to ask a question..

First of all, I still use BOSS. I haven't made the upgrade yet and I'm too lazy right now.

My question is....does the new version(s) of this mod add any extra ESPS that BOSS won't sort correctly? And if so, does anyone know where to put them?

Thanks!

Besides the answer "JUST UPGRADE TO LOOT", I want to ask a question..

First of all, I still use BOSS. I haven't made the upgrade yet and I'm too lazy right now.

My question is....does the new version(s) of this mod add any extra ESPS that BOSS won't sort correctly? And if so, does anyone know where to put them?

Thanks!

First off, use the STEP Combined Plugin and put it before the Bashed Patch. Otherwise put them new stuff anywhere because they don't matter. The Famrhouse Flickering plugin is included in USKP, just make sure the DB plugins go behind their regular counter parts, and consider using the Merged version instead.

I don't use any of the STEP patches. I like having all my esps separate. I know that might seem weird but that's what I do. Given that I don't use the patches, I can just put the new SMIM esps anywhere?

Also, merged version of what?

And when you say put the DB plugins in front of their counterparts, you just mean to load them AFTER dragonborn.esm, right?

Edited by DoYouEvenModBro

I made a STEP Plugin for people that don't use the patches. It is just the SMIM plugins, No NPC Greeting, and No Spinning Death in one plugin.

SMIM has a merged version of the plugins if you choose one of the install everything options in the fomod. If you use custom options you have to open up the archive and extract the correct merged plugin from there and it can load pretty much anywhere just like the other SMIM plugins.

If you use custom options you have to open up the archive and extract the correct merged plugin from there and it can load pretty much anywhere just like the other SMIM plugins.

I don't understand what this means. If I"m using custom options, why would I use any of the merged esps?

Also, can you explain " just make sure the DB plugins go behind their regular counter parts"