Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm currently walking through the STEPS Guide and I'm up to section 2.F. I've followed the guide to the letter up to this point (I think/hope). I was doing a personal benchmark for this section in Helgen Keep (intro sequence) when I noticed that some of the textures on a few objects 'turned blue'. No other way to describe it. This included the feather in Hadvar's hand, the 'axis' on the carts and the big brazziers behind the executioner in Helgen Keep. I managed to pinpoint the problem to the Statis Mesh Improvement Mod, and by that I mean I disabled it in MO and the problem went away. Obviously that's not a fix though.

My question is, is this a known problem? Am I being impatient and should just go through the entire STEP Guide first or is there something I've done wrong. I've run LOOT beforehand as well.

Hope you guys can help out!

Download & Install the fomod bugfix for Mod Organizer and then reinstall SMIM. That fixed it for me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

Go to the updates section on the Files page and it should be the first one.

Excellent. This fixed it.

Just a quick recap for future reference should anyone run into this problem:

Closed MO.

Patched MO with the fomod bugfix linked above.

Started MO, right-clicked the Static Mesh Improvement Mod, chose the reinstall option and followed the instructions from https://wiki.step-project.com/Static_Mesh_Improvement_Mod#Recommendations

Chose 'Replace' at the 'Mod Already Exists' notification (if you've downloaded the full version of the SMIM mod. Otherwise choose merge if you have the update file).

Enabled the mod.

Ran LOOT (Just to make sure).

Problem solved.

Thanks AUT2M!

Edited by Takahn

Excellent. This fixed it.Just a quick recap for future reference should anyone run into this problem:Closed MO.Patched MO with the fomod bugfix linked above.Started MO, right-clicked the Static Mesh Improvement Mod, chose the reinstall option and followed the instructions from https://wiki.step-project.com/Static_Mesh_Improvement_Mod#RecommendationsChose 'Replace' at the 'Mod Already Exists' notification.Enabled the mod.Ran LOOT (Just to make sure).Problem solved.Thanks AUT2M!

Only choose replace if you download the full version. Choose merge if you just get the update file.

• 1 month later...

The poly count and texture is crazy high for such a small object that can been rendered multiple times in one scene. If it actually possible to slow down your system in some situations.

Thanks for the reply Tech. Maybe you could put a notification on why you don't recommend it.