Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM (by Brumbek)

z929669

I don't understand what this means. If I"m using custom options, why would I use any of the merged esps?

Also, can you explain " just make sure the DB plugins go behind their regular counter parts"

Why wouldn't you want merged esps? I'm guessing you are going to use all the options that have plugins anways, so just use a merged version.

The are a couple options during the custom install that ask if you want to install with or without DB, so if you choose the DB option it will install two plugins. If you have both plugins then make sure that the DB plugin loads last. SMIM-ShackRoofFix.esp before SMIM-ShackRoofFixDB.esp or something along those lines.

Basically I just want to install SMIM and select each option (some have esps) indivudually. Will they sort alright?

LOOT sorts them fine actually. BOSS is only going to be more and more out of date as we go along.

Ok. That made it clear. thank you. yes, i plan to do a COMPLETELY NEW install of STEP with a new save file but that will take some hours. Right now I do not have the time so I'm clinging on to a hybrid 2.2.8-2.2.9 BOSS sorted game the best I can until I need to make the switch :).

No I'm talking about the extra plugins I added to the STEP patches that are for users that don't either patch. The plugin combines No NPC Greeting, No Spinning Death Animations, and the SMIM plugins into one esp. One is HF and the other is not. SMIM also has a new merged plugins of all the SMIM plugins that only install if you use one of the install everything options at the beginning of the fomod. Otherwise if you do a custom install you have to manually extract one of them. To get around that I made the STEP combined plugins.

I'll do a custom install of SMIM just to choose half size textures wherever is possible. I'll be choosing all available options. So, after the installation can I use the merged patch provided from Brumbek?

Just choose the options you want or go with the STEP recommended options, but at the very end there is an option to install the half size textures. You may want to avoid the lanterns and go with the LITE fences if you need half size textures. You can use the merged plugin, but it must be extracted from the archive because the custom install does not install it. Also, you can just not use any SMIM plugins and use the STEP Combined Plugin which includes the merged version of the SMIM, unless you don't own Dragonborn.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New version out! Kinda minor but major improvements to one armor:

Version 1.74 August 7, 2014

[*]SMIM'd the Imperial Brazier mesh (impbrazier01.nif) used in 250+ places. Been meaning to improve this for a while. Now it is so round and detailed. I just want to hug it! [*]Updated the two hanging chains meshes and two anchor chains meshes to remove the subtle glowing effect Bethesda used. When using lighting mods like ELFX the chains would glow quite brightly. Since glowing chains makes no sense anyway, I just removed the effect altogether. [*]Removed vertex colors from the two anchor chains meshes (shipkatariahanchorwheel01.nif and shipanchorwheel01.nif) since the chains are wrapped in a circle and therefore don't have consistent shadow angles. [*]Countless fixes for Studded Leather Armor ground model. UV fixes galore, edge divides, extra polygons on harsh edges, added vertex colors, removed alpha property. Thanks to silverdragon5's mod for bringing this to my attention.

If he starts fixes issues with more armors we could be in a mess with CaBaL being MIA right now.