Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

I'm not very familiar with Requiem. I'm not sure how big an undertaking it would be.

Just wondering if crafting overhaul and weapon fixes would make sense to override Requiem. I am thinking so, but don't know enough about those mods to say for sure. You may want to read over the Requiem manual to see what that mod 'fixes' and if it meshes well with your philosophy. My guess is that you provide more thoughtful changes, since you are more specifically focused and Requiem takes a more general approach.

Same goes for better stealth for followers, clothing fixes, etc.

Requiem-type users are likely more drawn to your mods, so determining if they desirably modify Requiem along compatible directions may open up your mods for use with Requiem users.

Requiem crafting is pretty basic, but allows for deconstruction of metallics into ingots in a balanced way (there is significant loss of material). Crafting anything in Requiem is not even possible without acquiring a crafting manual and the necessary skill to use the tools in the most basic way. More advanced smithing requires even more education. The details around making it harder to craft (and hence, enhancing the attractiveness of achievement) are well covered by Requiem, but the specifics of crafting would benefit from your mod I suspect. This is the general trend. Requiem fixes Skyrim by making it more rewarding to achieve, but it could benefit from a fine tuning that many of your mods could provide.

One could try loading it before requiem, I know the other fixes mods don't cause a problem because of the way Requiem works, but anything that affects crafting may have problems precisely what I can't say as I am rebuilding at present.

:)

I looked at requiem in TES5Edit (the manual doesn't open properly for me, the text is illegible). I think it needs a fairly significant patch to really run properly with my mods. If you simply load them before requiem, then only some of the changes are going to get through, and those might end up resulting in greater inconsistencies, not fewer, since other similar changes will be overwritten by Requiem.

Requiem rebalances a lot of things (is the inflation rate really as bad as it appears?), and without first spending a lot of time playing with requiem and understanding that balance, I wouldn't want to attempt a patch by myself.

Okay, I can read the downloaded manual. The online one that is linked to in the description doesn't appear to have the font imbedded in it (and it must be a font I don't have on my computer) because the text was just a garbled mess of letters and symbols.

I have been made aware that CCOR provides optional edits to the text on a couple of books. I will be making an optional Compatibility Patch between Book Covers Skyrim and CCOR when I issue my next release. I have some wizard problems to solve first and some other mods to provide patches for but CCOR is in my queue.

I have Requiem patches made up for your weapons and armor mod and your clothing and clutter mod. I just need to do a little bit of testing.

I also looked at CCO and I don't think it's going to be as bad as it first looked.

I'll keep you posted.

If you don't mind, why don't you host the weapons, armor, clutter etc.. They are plug and play.

And I will make a new mod page for the CCO patch. It will need more explaining for the user to get it up and running correctly.

Cool?

I'm absolutely loving the look of CCOR.  I have been so busy doing my own stuff that I didn't even realize it was out.  I have been brainstorming a way to slow smithing down to a realistic pace to use with my Hard Times mod.  I don't have to now.  When I'm done with this patch it will be just what I was looking for.

I'm absolutely loving the look of CCOR.  I have been so busy doing my own stuff that I didn't even realize it was out.  I have been brainstorming a way to slow smithing down to a realistic pace to use with my Hard Times mod.  I don't have to now.  When I'm done with this patch it will be just what I was looking for.

Sounds fantastic. I was about to take a crack at that myself