v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

3 hours ago, aktillum said:

Wonders of Weather introduces a ton of script lag and CTDs for many people because of the scripted raindrops.

A lot of people recommend Splashes of Storms instead. Anyone reason why WoW is recommended over SoS in the guide?

Never had a problem with it. Typically issues in regards to script lag is a cumulative effect of using too many script-intensive mods. Step is very light on scripts. Also, we use Papyrus Tweaks, which lessens any potential problem with script lag. We haven't tested Splashes of Storms with the guide.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Never had a problem with it. Typically issues in regards to script lag is a cumulative effect of using too many script-intensive mods. Step is very light on scripts. Also, we use Papyrus Tweaks, which lessens any potential problem with script lag. We haven't tested Splashes of Storms with the guide.

For now I've disabled the rain splashes feature of Wonders of Weather, exterior script lag during rain improved tremendously. I'd noticed it even on default Step setup but yes, it became increasingly worse as I added mods outside of Step.

Splashes of Storms is made by powerofthree to be scriptless, so may be worth checking out.

1 hour ago, aktillum said:

Splashes of Storms is made by powerofthree to be scriptless, so may be worth checking out.

I use it, it's fine. As a SKSE plugin, you can try it and remove it anytime, it's harmless. It needs some fine-tuning to blend in perfectly with each specific water/weather/ENB setup, which I haven't done because I'm lazy. I only reduced the size of the ripples and splashes which were too big for my taste - easy to do in the config file.

In the next Step version is it possible to include some tips / plugins for gamepad users?

I use a PS4 controller emulating XInput and getting rumble + multiple keybinds to work took some setup. Especially for adding combat mods outside of Step (I know, not your problem, but we all do it). Dtry's Input, Rumble Additions, etc were lifesavers for me.

6 hours ago, aktillum said:

In the next Step version is it possible to include some tips / plugins for gamepad users?

I use a PS4 controller emulating XInput and getting rumble + multiple keybinds to work took some setup. Especially for adding combat mods outside of Step (I know, not your problem, but we all do it). Dtry's Input, Rumble Additions, etc were lifesavers for me.

I use this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5682

It should work with any gamepad.

Hi everyone, unsure if I can post this here, sorry if I am breaking any rules, but here it goes:

Installing STEP

Completed 02 - Resources.

Weird bug where everyone walks slowly. Like their pace does not match their gait. Even horses...

Is this known and is there a fix?

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by JonoAus

1 hour ago, JonoAus said:

Hi everyone, unsure if I can post this here, sorry if I am breaking any rules, but here it goes:

Installing STEP

Completed 02 - Resources.

Weird bug where everyone walks slowly. Like their pace does not match their gait. Even horses...

Is this known and is there a fix?

Many thanks in advance!

Where are you in the guide? Per the instructions, do a smoke test after 02-Extenders, but do not test the game until most other mods are installed per instructions. If you only have  half the mod list installed, things will not work properly.

If you follow along with the guide, all instructions are provided.

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

Where are you in the guide? Per the instructions, do a smoke test after 02-Extenders, but do not test the game until most other mods are installed per instructions. If you only have  half the mod list installed, things will not work properly.

If you follow along with the guide, all instructions are provided.

Thanks for your response.

Apologies, I was meant to say 02 - Extenders.

I have run the smoke test as instructed, that’s where I found the bug, but also noticed that going back to vanilla doesn’t fix the issue.

Is this something that is fixed later on the guide? If that’s the case I’ll continue and see if it gets fixed.

Cheers

The guide has us install both RAID and EVLaS. The RAID mod page says:

"Other mods that are technically fully compatible, but worsen or break detection mechanics, EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE RAID:
"EVLaS" breaks shadow based detection mechanics at dawn/dusk/night whether you use RAID or not."

1 hour ago, aktillum said:

The guide has us install both RAID and EVLaS. The RAID mod page says:

"Other mods that are technically fully compatible, but worsen or break detection mechanics, EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE RAID:
"EVLaS" breaks shadow based detection mechanics at dawn/dusk/night whether you use RAID or not."

I think the guide curators are aware of this and opted for the improved visuals over the detection quirks: 

As I understand it, this is due to limitations of the game engine and workarounds developed by mod authors. The game engine is aware of some lights and shadows the player is seeing, but not others like ENB particle lights. This leads to anomalies for NPC awareness as they are "seeing" a different version of the game world.

1 hour ago, druisiuil said:

I think the guide curators are aware of this and opted for the improved visuals over the detection quirks: 

As I understand it, this is due to limitations of the game engine and workarounds developed by mod authors. The game engine is aware of some lights and shadows the player is seeing, but not others like ENB particle lights. This leads to anomalies for NPC awareness as they are "seeing" a different version of the game world.

This is exactly correct.

8 hours ago, druisiuil said:

Oh okay, so basically the NPCs are only using vanilla shadows for awareness? If that's the case it's no big deal. I thought it was breaking all shadow-based detection in the game, vanilla or modded.