v2.2.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

z929669

35 minutes ago, d2eRX52 said:

Anyone? enb2023_1_26_07_59_53.thumb.png.2529a1196bb0c8b7d86b7a5faec91d43.pngenb2023_1_26_08_00_32.thumb.png.5594e95e8106c89d63c2884509f668b9.png

Bleak Falls Barrow. I try to walk towards the word based on the sound that I'm approaching. But even then I can't learn word, it just doesn't happen.
So draugr with dragon stone doesn't rise and, i can't get the dragon stone so can't finish quest and so on...

p.s i don't use enb and post processing group here.

I had no issues with this one with the current Step 2.2.0 build. Seems like you may need to leave the barrow and wait a day and revisit to reset.

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I had no issues with this one with the current Step 2.2.0 build. Seems like you may need to leave the barrow and wait a day and revisit to reset.

before going to barrow, i literally slept in bannered mare for 10 days just to skip time, (i wanted to try mod, but mod got absolutely nothing to do with walls), well anyway i try it later

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

wow, sleeping in riverwood inn actually helped, word learned, draugr killer. never had such thing before.
p.s sleeping and waiting isn't necessary, just exiting and entering (interior) is enough.

Edited by d2eRX52
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ivoknivo said:

Hello, since 2.2.0 I decided to try without ENB, mostly because complex grass looks out of place in Milk Drinker and Light, although, looks amazing in Heavy. 

Anyway, iv been removing the blue tagged mods for ENB, here is another one that's missing Arctic - Frost Effects Redux. I was having some blue squares in ice spikes.

In the FOMOD for Arctic Frost Effect there is an option for ENB Light. Maby that should not be ticked if not using ENB? (instructions in the guide dont give that option though)

48 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

In the FOMOD for Arctic Frost Effect there is an option for ENB Light. Maby that should not be ticked if not using ENB? (instructions in the guide dont give that option though)

Yes, reinstalling Arctic Frost Effect without ENB light did the fix. 

• Like 1

Can (should) the STEP Patches be ESLified?

Some of the guides I've checked out recently seem vague or unclear on certain aspects of ESLifying, but patches generally seem to be okay.  I'm just reluctant to do so with the STEP Patches.  Aside from that, great work on the updated guide, as well as being quick to all the fixes as folks are pointing out.  Impressed with your patience and the courtesy you've all displayed towards users of STEP.  I will always base my modded games around STEP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivoknivo said:

Yes, reinstalling Arctic Frost Effect without ENB light did the fix. 

I have updated those instructions and added the PP flag to that mod again for 2.2.0

49 minutes ago, Jimmyflow said:

Can (should) the STEP Patches be ESLified?

Some of the guides I've checked out recently seem vague or unclear on certain aspects of ESLifying, but patches generally seem to be okay.  I'm just reluctant to do so with the STEP Patches.  Aside from that, great work on the updated guide, as well as being quick to all the fixes as folks are pointing out.  Impressed with your patience and the courtesy you've all displayed towards users of STEP.  I will always base my modded games around STEP.

All of the patches are ESL but for the main ones. Unless you are at your plugin limit and installing a bunch of mods on top of our 2.2.0 SSE mod list, you shouldn't need to do this. We don't do it for the CR patch to reduce incompatibility issues when the guide is updated, but it should be fine to do so for yourself.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

All of the patches are ESL but for the main ones. Unless you are at your plugin limit and installing a bunch of mods on top of our 2.2.0 SSE mod list, you shouldn't need to do this. We don't do it for the CR patch to reduce incompatibility issues when the guide is updated, but it should be fine to do so for yourself.

Perfect, thanks!

Also, does STEP no longer include recommendations on bash (or other) patches?

57 minutes ago, Jimmyflow said:

Perfect, thanks!

Also, does STEP no longer include recommendations on bash (or other) patches?

All the patches you need are included in the guide. No need for Bashed Patch, Smashed Patch, xEdit Script runs, zEdit script runs or Synthesis patches. (if you start to add mods on top... well.. that is another thing)

2 hours ago, Mercury71 said:

All the patches you need are included in the guide. No need for Bashed Patch, Smashed Patch, xEdit Script runs, zEdit script runs or Synthesis patches. (if you start to add mods on top... well.. that is another thing)

Understood.  Does the STEP team have a recommended guide for the aforementioned patches?  I'm not fond of reddit... :-)   If not, no worries.  Cheers!

8 hours ago, lostshore said:

PapyrusUtil SE main file seems to want SKSE 2.2.2 for AE, and it's throwing an error when running due to SKSE 2.2.3. Am I using the incorrect main file (version 4.4)?

Thank you for your time and hard work!

Strange. I dont get an error.

Edit. Check so you have the right Adress Library.

I'm using STEP for the first time and it seems there is some missing information:

image.thumb.png.4a612e6fa6adce0d8c8270714bacaff3.png

These instructions are literally identical, thus I'm not sure which one is enabling ENB Complex Grass (if I understood right). However by googling some stuff, I end up on  https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide and the instructions do have another line.
image.thumb.png.a599c6be50b3cb58231a0aa57cc26526.png

So I assume this is an oversight and want you guys to know. Otherwise it's not very well explained what ENB Complex Grass is.