DoubleYou

Preparing an update myself. Almost released one the other day, but decided to try to clear up the false positive from an obscure Chinese Antivirus first. Worked on the water settings for Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, and a few other things that people have requested. Changelog is getting big.

=) sounds like fun with the AV

That's good news. I love the tool. Really happy that you created it and are maintaining it. Glad that I haven't jumped into the video yet lol. My goal is to not update for at least 6 months after the initial upload unless absolutely needed (that's for all videos). Probably be another couple of weeks until I catch things up for all games and your new additions. I have (had lol) the 3 fallout games finished via the text side of things but didn't touch TES yet. 

FO3 and especially FNV water is funny. You only get reflections (FNV) in specific areas. Not all bodies of water reflect "things" (no clue why, but i ran all over the game when creating the install guide for it). 

Uploaded v2.4

-Behind the Scenes: Mod Organizer location for the current game is saved to the BethINI.ini file.

-Bugfix: If the location of the INI file is not found, you will be requested to select your game again upon restart (in case you accidentally selected the wrong game).

-Bugfix: If the location of the game folder is not found, you will be requested to select your game again upon restart (in case you accidentally selected the wrong game).

-Bugfix: Ambient Occlusion for Skyrim Special Edition could be set incorrectly.

-Bugfix: Archive Invalidation (Fallout 4) was intended to be enabled through Recommended Tweaks, but it instead applied whatever value was set according to the INI file previously.

-Bugfix: Removed the FOV tweak for Oblivion, since changing it from the default value of 75 breaks the menus.

-Caption change: Water Ripples toggle description improved.

-Harmful Tweaks: fDefaultFOV:Display for Oblivion if set to anything other than 75 will break the game menus.

-Invalid tweak removed: iDifficultyLevel:GamePlay (Oblivion)

-New Setup Option: You can now specify the location of Mod Organizer under the Setup tab. It will automatically update your list of profiles listed under INI Path if changed.

-New Setup Option: Added a Always Select Game toggle that will force BethINI to always ask you to choose your game at startup.

-New Tweak: Reflect Detail on Water toggle under the Detail tab (Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas).

-New Tweak: Reflect Full Scene on Water toggle under the Detail tab (Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas).

-New Tweak: Reflection Blur on Water dropdown under the Detail tab (Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas).

-Presets: Slightly optimized presets better for Fallout 4.

-Presets: Optimized presets better for Fallout New Vegas in regards to water reflections.

-Presets: Slightly optimized presets better for Fallout 3.

-Unlocked Tweak: Water Ripples (Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Skyrim) under the Detail tab.

I've seen a few mention the one install for all games in recent comments. That has been here since at least 2.3 right? I don't notice that being different and its still under the Setup tab? Just "Double" checking = ) ... yeah, it's a bad pun lol

Edit: nevermind.. i see it = ) "Always Select Game" option

=)

Question on a Skyrim SE setting.

What is the differen between SSAO Lite and SSAO Full ?

(for purposes of a description to help users make a decision and to be able to show it on screen).

..and what is Snow Rim Lighting? Is that the effect that blends snow lighting on things like rocks into the ground more smoothly... makes snow objects meet ground snow in a way that looks more natural?

Edit: Go to 9 minutes in.

That is at least part of what fFlickeringLightDistance does

Set up tab browse any adjustments to ini paths result in the app closing/crashing, Mod Organizer window was showing Error all in caps. I'm using version 2.0.8.2b (latest Beta 4.2 build for SSE) of M.O. if that helps, that was on a clean install of 2.4. Had to manually set my ini paths in the file for the program to work and it did save to the correct directory.

=)

Question on a Skyrim SE setting.

What is the differen between SSAO Lite and SSAO Full ?

(for purposes of a description to help users make a decision and to be able to show it on screen).

..and what is Snow Rim Lighting? Is that the effect that blends snow lighting on things like rocks into the ground more smoothly... makes snow objects meet ground snow in a way that looks more natural?

Edit: Go to 9 minutes in.

That is at least part of what fFlickeringLightDistance does

Full version turns on the ambient occlusion on snow, which is disabled on the Lite version, which is Vanilla default. Still trying to decide myself if it is better enabled or disabled.

Go to the College of Winterhold and toggle the snow rim lighting. It's fairly obvious. It gives more realistic lighting on the snow.

I honestly have yet to find out if fFlickeringLightDistance actually does something, and if so, what. It isn't obvious. I would expect setting it to zero would cause an obvious problem on flickering lights, but I have not noticed any change whatsoever. I provide the tweak, but currently I think that it is placebo.

Just to be clear, what you show in the video looks to be the bug where the game cannot handle more than 4 light sources, or it turns 1 or more lights off. fFlickeringLightDistance definitely doesn't fix the bug, and what you show is probably due to the randomness of the light source being turned off. I see the 4 lights bug all the time, and I have never found fFlickeringLightDistance to help. I have set it to 0 and nothing changes. I have set it astronomically high and nothing changes. I wouldn’t be surprised to see that the setting does nothing. However, I have definitely missed things before, and it doesn't hurt, so I leave it in for now.