Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Yes, I understand certain mods require a new game, but Shurah also stated 

"The plugin will now work at 100% even if you don’t start a new game."

and

"Either you need to start a new game or load the plugin on a save without “Immersive Citizens†installed on it"

So I deduce the problem is not about installing the new version, but about uninstalling the old one. 

What could the old version have left baked in the save that can interfere with the new one? Forms maybe?

Bethesda has never supported uninstalling mods for any of their games. The problems resulting from uninstalling mods with Papyrus scripts have gotten more attention than other forms of save game corruption but all sorts of mod changes can get carried into save game files and cause problems later.

In the STEP "detailed instructions", the CRF patch is not selected, why is that?

It seems to contradict the notice at the bottom of the page that reads : "Notice: Users not installing the STEP Patches will want to install the options the FOMOD installer automatically selects."

the notice seems to indicate that a CRFpatch should be installed if the STEP patch is not used, but the STEP patches do not include any CRF patch themselves.

Thanks!

STEP Patches has the CRF patch integrated. It's just not completely updated to the latest patch. It will be in a couple of days.

Thanks!

Additional question: when I read the STEP Patches page, I do not see any mention of ICAIO or CRF, neither in the Official ReadMe or Changelogs, and could not find any record in Mod Organizer either, that is why I was confused.

I am using the Combined HF plugin, but you confirm the CRF-ICAIO patch is included in all versions of the STEP patch plugins?

Edited by clarency

Partial quote from ETaC's page:

At Shurah's request, the Immersive Citizens patches have been removed from ETaC's installer permanently.

He's indicated that he feels my inclusion of the patch was an attempt to pass off his work as my own.

Now I am glad I never installed the mod. Whoever can think crap like this especially when it involves a reputable mod author deserves no respect or anything.

• +1 1

Partial quote from ETaC's page:

Now I am glad I never installed the mod. Whoever can think crap like this especially when it involves a reputable mod author deserves no respect or anything.

I read the post on ETaC's page and I am speechless.

--------------

Quote from MJB

At Shurah's request, the Immersive Citizens patches have been removed from ETaC's installer permanently.

He's indicated that he feels my inclusion of the patch was an attempt to pass off his work as my own. You all have my sincere apologies if that was the impression you were given. I had absolutely no intention of taking credit for his mod. I simply hadn't realized that his file permissions stated that people were not allowed to patch for his mod, which was obviously a huge oversight on my part. I had mistakenly believed that his restrictions were limited to the inclusion or reproduction of Immersive Citizens content. Which to be clear, I hadn't done. NONE of Immersive Citizens content was provided with the patches, and I had thought the installer had appropriately indicated that the patch file was a only meant to resolve conflicts between ETaC and his mod (for which he was listed as the author) and not as a replacement for his mod in any way, shape, or form.

I make this clarification not in an attempt to exculpate myself, but just to explain that by providing the patches I meant no harm or disrespect. I was only attempting to provide users with an alternative to having to pick between the mods.

Again, for any confusion, my humblest apologies.

As for what this means for you guys now, Immersive Citizens is incompatible with ETaC as follows...

- Darkwater Crossing;

- Dawnstar (Only if using ETaC with inns);

- Morthal (Only if using ETaC with inns);

- Falkreath;

- Riverwood; And,

- Rorikstead.

So when using Immersive Citizens install ETaC modular without those towns.

-----------

Edited by darkside

There's more to the story and it's his right, but I do agree modding should be about sharing and collaboration. All my works are free to use as long as credit is given and this is how STEP is driven.

I looked at his mod's permissions and it doesn't seem like anything from there could imply that noone is allowed to create a compatibility patch. I bet such thing isn't even possible on any level, because then you'd have people accusing others of stealing their work by creating similar mods.

It would almost seem like he doesn't know much about modding if he thinks that a damn compatibility patch could be taken this way. Even I know that.

Also, language barrier is not an argument whatsoever. The guy is french, that's the heart of Europe, and virtually everyone speaks english today. Even Boris.

• +1 1

This is the (extremely intelligent and respecting) opinion of Jenna:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45olvcimznztiq0/etac.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbn4a47uey9znhz/etac2.JPG?dl=0

The request seems very childish. I won't use S.t.e.p. if the situation remain this (because i can't remove Immersive Citizen)... and i think a souch wonderful project should not support such an arrogant behavior.
I have only few hours in a day to play the game i love, please let me play and mod serenely! Do not trasform it in a patching-nightmare!
I'm usually kind and polite but patching and installing mods following the Surah's policy would be a nightmare and Jenna mantain her mod with a lot af kindness and availability.
I wolud not be as polite as she is...
Thanks
Francesco