Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

Perhaps the, erm, report page for this mod should mention that it patches with Perseid's Taverns - Realistic Rooms and Rental Enhanced, and so that mod should be installed first in order for the AIO installer to allow the the patch plug-in to be add-able?

Edited by boycad

• 2 weeks later...

Is the author still working on the mod?

I understand that some drama started regarding patches and is not a good sign that the nexus page is locked for comments.

Mainly I'm trying to consider vetting this mod ir or out of my list.

It's still being worked on. He'll unlock the thread for a bit after a release and then relock it again later on. I know, oddest behavior I've seen from a mod and it's author too, but it's his page. I don't think he likes being bothered by all the comments.

• 2 months later...

Updated yesterday...

"Version 0.2.8

- The AI used by the Falkreath's citizens has been fully overhauled.
- "Survival Instinct" was still used by NPC reanimated through some spells such as Dead Thrall, this has been fixed.
- "Go Home" has been improved, the homeless NPCs will act more realistically in the local tavern (assuming there is one).
- A lot of AI used by the citizens of Rorikstead, Whiterun, Riverwood and Darkwater Crossing and by the Khajiit merchants have been reworked or improved.
- Several improvement or minor bug fixes have been done on random encounters, notably the one with the dark brotherhood assassin. A list will be available soon.
- The AI used by the bards have been improved (still not perfect): now, when you enter inside an Inn, if a bard is there, he will start to sing, but only between 19 pm and 23.5 pm (in Skyrim vanilla, a bard starts to sing whatever the hour). Note that if you want him to stop singing, you still need to ask him to stop.
- The AI used by the Legates and their stormcloak equivalents have been improved.
- Fixed a bug preventing sometimes the NPCs to sit correctly on bar stools.
- The compatibility have been improved, without quality loss.
- A Russian translation of the MCM menu has been added (courtesy of Kopasov).
- The compatibility patches for ELE, ELFX, RRR, OCS & CRF have been updated."

• 2 weeks later...

New version 0.3 is out.

There is an option to install a lite version of the mod which only contains the features Survival Instinct, Combat Style & Go Home. 

This version is supposed be compatible with everything so it is interesting for those who want to use mods like ETAC or Holds.

• 2 weeks later...

I was preparing hard for finally using Step patches. Until I came to this mod... It is a bit sad that the STEP patch rely on this esp. It should have been an option to use the Lite version wich is compatible with everything. This required mod is acctually the only reason I cant/wont use the Step-patch. Not because I dont like Immersive citizens, cause I do. I really wanna use it. But the harsh truth to it is;... its incompatible with mods I refuse to take out of my modlist. If you are to use Immersive citizens its really no alternatives to any city and town-mods. All the good ones are incompatible. Mainly EtaC of course, wich I really enjoy. The author of EtaC do amazing work and spend a lot of time making patches and make it compatible with mostly everything. But this cant be patched, unfortunately.

I looked into other city and town-mods. I use JK lite + Dawn of skyrim + EtaC. But I havent found any alternatives I wanna use. And most are abaondoned and not updated for a while.

Not that it matter much, but the Lite version should be an alternative. But thats just my opinion. Thought id should air it, tho, as I know that others I have chatted with on the forums say the same.

I was preparing hard for finally using Step patches. Until I came to this mod... It is a bit sad that the STEP patch rely on this esp. It should have been an option to use the Lite version wich is compatible with everything. This required mod is acctually the only reason I cant/wont use the Step-patch. Not because I dont like Immersive citizens, cause I do. I really wanna use it. But the harsh truth to it is;... its incompatible with mods I refuse to take out of my modlist. If you are to use Immersive citizens its really no alternatives to any city and town-mods. All the good ones are incompatible. Mainly EtaC of course, wich I really enjoy. The author of EtaC do amazing work and spend a lot of time making patches and make it compatible with mostly everything. But this cant be patched, unfortunately.

I looked into other city and town-mods. I use JK lite + Dawn of skyrim + EtaC. But I havent found any alternatives I wanna use. And most are abaondoned and not updated for a while.

Not that it matter much, but the Lite version should be an alternative. But thats just my opinion. Thought id should air it, tho, as I know that others I have chatted with on the forums say the same.

City mods are, as you stated, not very compatible with ICAIO. That's why the STEP installer provides versions of the STEP patch for users not using ICAIO (or are using the lite version). It is automatically installed if you do not have ICAIO installed.

• 3 weeks later...