Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul (by Shurah)

EssArrBee

This is the (extremely intelligent and respecting) opinion of Jenna:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45olvcimznztiq0/etac.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbn4a47uey9znhz/etac2.JPG?dl=0

The request seems very childish. I won't use S.t.e.p. if the situation remain this (because i can't remove Immersive Citizen)... and i think a souch wonderful project should not support such an arrogant behavior.

I have only few hours in a day to play the game i love, please let me play and mod serenely! Do not trasform it in a patching-nightmare!

I'm usually kind and polite but patching and installing mods following the Surah's policy would be a nightmare and Jenna mantain her mod with a lot af kindness and availability.

I wolud not be as polite as she is...

Thanks

Francesco

There are non-Immersive Citizens options in the STEP Compilation installer.

This is the (extremely intelligent and respecting) opinion of Jenna:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45olvcimznztiq0/etac.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbn4a47uey9znhz/etac2.JPG?dl=0

The request seems very childish. I won't use S.t.e.p. if the situation remain this (because i can't remove Immersive Citizen)... and i think a souch wonderful project should not support such an arrogant behavior.

I have only few hours in a day to play the game i love, please let me play and mod serenely! Do not trasform it in a patching-nightmare!

I'm usually kind and polite but patching and installing mods following the Surah's policy would be a nightmare and Jenna mantain her mod with a lot af kindness and availability.

I wolud not be as polite as she is...

Thanks

Francesco

That is a bit exaggerated, don't you think? STEP has a non-ICAIO version, so no-one is forcing anyone to use the latter, while ETaC isn't even on the STEP Extended modlist, so compatibility with it is a matter for individual users.

I sincerely hope that politics and personalities will not extend beyond the Banter Inn and influence mod inclusion policy (especially to the point of singling out mod authors whose work 'should not be supported'). I, too, have only few hours a day to play the game, and, given that for me checking the STEP community is a huge part of that process, I, too, would like to play it serenely and not see the community part of it transformed into a PC (the other PC) platform for anti- this-or-that-thing activism. 

Edited by elenhil
  • +1 1

Sorry for my English first

as a newbie member of step forum but as an old experimented gamer, developper and also as a team leader, it seems for me that the mod author here goes too far. Creating a bridge to let two mods works together is not stealing the intellectual property  of the creation process. it makes me laugh.

you could be the best developper of the world, but being arrogant won't qualify you as the best member in a team. Modding means collaboration for me. if everyone was following this modder's way, we would play skyrim with just one mod at a time.

Edited by Mandalay
  • +1 1

That is a bit exaggerated, don't you think? STEP has a non-ICAIO version, so no-one is forcing anyone to use the latter, while ETaC isn't even on the STEP Extended modlist, so compatibility with it is a matter for individual users.

I sincerely hope that politics and personalities will not extend beyond the Banter Inn and influence mod inclusion policy (especially to the point of singling out mod authors whose work 'should not be supported'). I, too, have only few hours a day to play the game, and, given that for me checking the STEP community is a huge part of that process, I, too, would like to play it serenely and not see the community part of it transformed into a PC (the other PC) platform for anti- this-or-that-thing activism. 

Ok, i didn't know there was a non-icaio step version: i'm updating my mod right now. Excuse me! kittens!

Edited by framx2l

My opinion on the matter...

If you want to patch some other author's mod, do it. There is no need to as for permission if you are NOT using ANY assets and the main file is 100% required.

If you make references to the main file and/or the required assets, thats fine.

If you include your own assets, thats fine.

If you include one(or more) asset because you needed to change it, thats not okay, you need perms

If you include copies of records that are exactly the same as the main file, that should be avoided but its kind of grey. I would advise that you just edit and/or reference the original record.

Assets being any file outside the plugin file

And yes, I hate copyright nonsense that stifles creativity.

Enough members have given their opinion about the way mod authors choose to maintain their content in this thread. Mod threads are not for that type of discussion. If you would like to further the discussion then please create a thread in the Banter Inn subforum.

Only posts pertaining to the operation, features, installation/uninstall, and support of ICAIO from here on.

LOL. I just finished the Battle of Solitude, and guess who I found roaming the streets during the fight...

enb_2016_02_21_03_02_43_87.jpg

I can hear their father and mother talking now:

"Honey, where are the kids?"

"Oh, they went to play tag."

"But there's a battle going on, and fire, and soldiers!"

"Don't worry, dear. They're essential. They're impossible to kill."

"Not if Non-Essential Children is installed!!!"

"Oh. Right."

@Shurah:

Do you plan to add anything in the way of custom factions or groups, something along the lines of the "Shadow Or Mordor" game where they fight internally for power and constantly shift and change, That to me is way more important than simply altering how an already existing npc is activated.

Is there any chance of that happening ?

Would it be possible to ever recieve an answer to this question, I had hoped that Shurah would respond to me with the answer but no response was ever recieved, disappointed about this as I am I decided to ask yet again in the hopes that someone would happen to have an answer to this question and be able to provide me with the information I desire.

I looked at his mod's permissions and it doesn't seem like anything from there could imply that noone is allowed to create a compatibility patch. I bet such thing isn't even possible on any level, because then you'd have people accusing others of stealing their work by creating similar mods.

It would almost seem like he doesn't know much about modding if he thinks that a damn compatibility patch could be taken this way. Even I know that.

Also, language barrier is not an argument whatsoever. The guy is french, that's the heart of Europe, and virtually everyone speaks english today. Even Boris.

Boris sure can do :D

Without expressing my personal opinion about the way mod authors choose to maintain their content, a quote from Credits and distribution permission: "You are not allowed to modify my files, including creating bug fixes or improving on features under any circumstances".

Therefore no compatibility patches.

Well, purging references to ICAIO from my conflict resolution .esp right now.

Because after two weeks of playing with it I haven't seen anything interesting that When Vampires Attack and Run For Your Lives hadn't implemented already.

Edited by Boris

Enough members have given their opinion about the way mod authors choose to maintain their content in this thread. Mod threads are not for that type of discussion. If you would like to further the discussion then please create a thread in the Banter Inn subforum.

Only posts pertaining to the operation, features, installation/uninstall, and support of ICAIO from here on.

C'mon guys. Let's keep this on-topic. See EssArrBee's post above.