Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

I did see a *very* brief unexpected flash in Whiterun under a single card and 6.30 yesterday but I have not been able to reproduce the big areas shown above in Whiterun at the steps above the Drunken Huntsman.

We will need one of our SLI users to disable a card and retest.

It happened with single card as well.

Okay loaded up all your files and checked it out on my list..... and got to admit that it is a curious one. 

It is apparently a single object that is overblooming in the extreme, since otherwise there would be more artifacts on the screen. It would be nice if there where more screenshots of different places, also one showing what object it is. 

However due to the way you have setup the code it is kinda curious that it can happen. The one advantage of the levels approach is that it should (and does on my end) prevent that sort of thing from happening. Especially considering you are using very low bloom amounts in general. 

Going to need more info if I am to look into it further.... now that it made me all curious and such! :) 

I can take more screen. Will update here.

JK' Whiterun - If you look at my previous screenshot down the stair toward Warmaiden, there are 3 braziers, smelter, and black smith forge in the line of sight.

Strange thing - When this bug happened, if I walk back up stair right away and walk back down, the bug was not reproducible.

I needed to run across Whiterun passed the market, up the stair and walk back down from the top - bug reproduce this way every time.

Edited by darkside

I can see it now.. the two young kids asking themselves why the Dragonborn is chasing after them.

"Which one of us asked them to play Tag?"

"I thought it was you."

"Well I thought it was you!"

"So... are we going to tell them the game is over?"

"Nah, they could use to lose a few pounds."

• +1 1

Been testing with just the vivid 6.30 version, only the ENB related files. No .esp´s etc. Cant reproduce it using JK´s whiterun. Everything seems to work like it should on my end. 

Perhaps the issue is in extended weathers etc. with some image space value going crazy... manga will have to test for that sort of thing. 

Sorry I cant be of more help atm. :( 

I got the flashing light issue today on the machine in my signature and Vividian 6.30 but it was not in the same place - it was the cart outside Whiterun and the flash was a blue-white.

I do remember having this issue in the past year or so too in exactly the same place so I don't think it is tied specifically to Vividian 6.30. In the past the lights wree pinpoints but this time they were the rectangles shown above. The centre point jumped all over the cart.

I was returning from the Western Watchtower having just killed the dragon and was approaching the cart along the road. The hot blue flashing appeared from the cart itself, not the horse or any of the braziers nearby but I did notice that the LODs were adjusting as I ran forwards. Just as the brazier behind the cart adjusted, the flashing occurred. I reproduced it four times reloading from the same QuickSave (and had an immediate CTD when attempting to reload the QuickSave each time after the flash - I had to relaunch Skyrim).

I failed to capture the flashes on a screenshot as they were too quick and I no longer have that QuickSave.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the flashing light issue today on the machine in my signature and Vividian 6.30 but it was not in the same place - it was the cart outside Whiterun and the flash was a blue-white.

I do remember having this issue in the past year or so too in exactly the same place so I don't think it is tied specifically to Vividian 6.30. In the past the lights wree pinpoints but this time they were the rectangles shown above. The centre point jumped all over the cart.

I was returning from the Western Watchtower having just killed the dragon and was approaching the cart along the road. The hot blue flashing appeared from the cart itself, not the horse or any of the braziers nearby but I did notice that the LODs were adjusting as I ran forwards. Just as the brazier behind the cart adjusted, the flashing occurred. I reproduced it four times reloading from the same QuickSave (and had an immediate CTD when attempting to reload the QuickSave each time after the flash - I had to relaunch Skyrim).

I failed to capture the flashes on a screenshot as they were too quick and I no longer have that QuickSave.

Exactky the same issue, exactly same place and situation earlier today. Only difference is I am not using Vividian. Maybe Boris has the issue with 0.265?

And no, cant repeat it, either.