Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Those esps probably originate from Neo's SRLE instructions here. The CoT-WeatherPatch.esp is not actually the weather patch, but is simply the name of a merged ESP so that it doesn't need custom BUM rule sorting. 

With regards to ELE interiors / ELFX / Relighting Skyrim, there is a version of RL used in SRLE that is specifically tailored to be used with ELFX

Allright, makes sense then :) Btw interiors should be even brither cus i rised up the direct lighting since version 6.30.
well there are actually two places that still bother me in skyrim. one is the escape tunnel from helgen, (the ligitng is really off in there) and one is the LAL starting cell.
Back in early days also the markath interiors where all really dark cus of the imagespaces but that gladly changed since elfx/ele.
But, for testing purposes please try following:
start skyrim, in the main menu enter the console and type in: coc riverwood
you will start in riverwood then, open the console again and type: set gamehour to 11. Then go to the sleep giants Inn and take a shot: heres mine with normal interior lighting - ele+elfx:dvRRop8.jpg

Edited by Mangaclub

Here we go - test in the Sleeping Giant at 11:00 as requested (with Brighter Interiors and Nights)...

SleepingGiant01.jpg

I can confirm that all parameters in the skyrimprefs.ini were correct apart from iRadialBlurlevel which is at the default of 2.

I didn't know that the LaL cell or Helgen were bad examples for lighting tests but the Ratway was so black in areas that I had to refer to the map to find out which way corridors went.

Edited by DanielCoffey

Thanks. thats intresting, your brighter interiors are same as bright as my normal ones... wow.. i guess it also have todo with your textures, they are really dark also.. but please do me a favor, install vividian with the RLO lighting for interiors option - no matter if you use RLO or not. RLO usually produce very very dark interiors so i had to rise up alot of tonemaps to have a good interior feel, this might help you too maybe.

:D now the questions is, wich is better ;)

Btw latest beta updates are out for the COT - blue fog fix: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ealhwl36l95z5zq/AABipEOJj4L71wN1Ckr-MJQNa?dl=0

-unified COT clear and Cloudy imagespaces (enough of that super nova exploding sun!wink.gif

-unified effect lighting and sky statics in the weathers. (no more blue fog!wink.gif
- added new interior lighting (cozzy interiors)
- updated the brighter interiors to vanilla brightness.

some small overblooming can happen still on close mountain fogs. Some tweaking is still needed there.

Updated mods: all Cot weather patches and COT related extended weathers.

Edited by Mangaclub

For the dark interiors, I would say something part-way between post 412 and the current brighter interiors/nights would be a good balance. You could always include the post 412 setting as "Extremely bright (100% vanilla)".

I am still intrigued to know *why* my interiors suddenly went so dark. It is a mystery.

EDIT : actually - thinking about how annoying it is to maintain so many profiles, would it be easier to explain which parameters are being altered here and say which direction to push them so that folks can make up their own minds and learn how to personalise their profile?

Edited by DanielCoffey

@daniel
sometimes its also a mystery to me. i had a case where interiors where dark because somtehing was in the savegame that messed around with them.

I also thought about making a new guide for customizing. I should get back to that ;)

dark:

the minimum would be 0.262. everything above can be used but is not nessesary as there ar no new features we use or worth using. I experience some distant fog errors still with the 0.265 becasue of the optimations boris made there.