Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Ran into a bit of odd looking sky while using your Vanilla v6 experimental:

Posted ImagePosted Image

https://i.imgur.com/fA83Adv.jpg

This was at dusk. The blue in the sky with the warm, orange sunlight beaming just looks a bit off.

Also, what are your Mist settings doing? I'm using Vividian Vanilla for the compares in the EFFECT section of the ENBSeries INI Guide and can't figure out a good place to capture the effect of the Mist...nor Reflections for that matter. If you could point me in the right direction for either or both of those effects that would be great!

ah i see, yes, btw i updated the experimental version 10 days ago, have a look if you use the latest version :)

If you do ill have a look into it, those warm rays bugger me also a bit sometimes, guess the weather patch needs an update on this as those procedual sunrays draw their color from the suncolor settings in the esp and not really from the one of the enb.

The mist Effect can be seen very good on the hill above dawnstar, theres a nightcallers fort there and a mountain beside of it , climb up that mountain and have a great view :)

Reflections can be seen very good at snow textures, especially snow on planks at dawnstar. Also on Ice textures and sometimes a bit in waterfalls.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have a look into those locations.

I have the updated enbeffect.fx file since it was the only one I notice that was updated, but I'll check again to make sure none of the others were as well.

EDIT:

Ah! sure enough a bunch of files in the enbseries folder were updated as well. I'll grab all the files again.

One of the easiest and best spots for reflections would be the huge sections of waterfalls on the road between whiterun and riverwood. Lots of rocks that are affected and easy to get a good idea on how it works..

Ofc. also just equip iron armor and put on a sunny day and you should be stellar. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys,

oh well its been quiet a busy month since the last update, so much things todo i barley came to anything concerning ENB's

But the time i had i spend on the 6.20 update wich is finally out today:

Huge update this time.
New:
- Completely redone the Vanilla color version with the 6.x shaders (thanks to Trigoras and EMS60 for helping with testing and shots). Therefore version bump to 6.20 for the vanilla version.
- Added Vivid clouds and Fogs to the Vividian Main installer: This addon replaces almost all vanilla cloud textures against high resolution ENB optimized textures made by me (Mangaclub).
They will provide proper cloudshadows and moon lighting effects as well. Also this mod replaces the mountain mists, also known as Volumetric fog in the enb settings, against High Resolution ENB optimized textures.
- New extended Cinematic lens effects selectable in the Installer: This addon enables extended cinematic Lens effects like Anamorphic Lensflares, Starflares and subtle Lens dirt effects. A must have for eye candy lovers. Drains about 2 FPS

Changed:
- Completely redone the whole sky for vanilla weathers by unifying sun and gradients in the Vanilla weather patch. Now the sun is stable during the whole day and delivers even better sun effects.
- unifyd all necessary and important values (fog, sky statics, imagespaces ...) in the vanilla weather patch to be more compatible with a enb. As a result weatheres are gone now where volumetric fogs suddenly turned to be darker then usual or those deep blue skydomes appear.
- overworked the mist on all weathers for a denser atmosphere. This also will hide the mountain flickering and horizon line better.
- overworked all sun effects, volumetric rays as well as procedual sun.
- small changes like, fire intensity tweaks, water reflections, cloud curves and intensity
- changed the extended weathers to be compatible with the latest vanilla patch

Fixed:
- missing lines in performance and high quality version
- wrong Subsurface scattering resulting in do dark toned characters
- wrong specular lighting in some weathers caused shining beards, hair and eyebrows.
- fixed some wrong entrys in the vanilla weather patch

• +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to make the stars not effected by enb? They are too bright.

I love how the vanilla stars look with the enb off, but when on, they look like bright leds.

You can change the star's intensity in the enbseries.ini file. While in-game, at night and looking up at the stars, hit the ~ key to open the console to pause the game. Then hit Shift+Enter to open the ENB Gui Editor. Look for the [sKY] section and lower the following parameters until you get the desired effect:

• StarsIntensity=
  • StarsCurve=

Once you have the stars looking like you want, click the save button, Shift+Enter to close the ENB Gui, ~ key to close the console, and enjoy.

well there we go, 6.25 finally out. Phew.

Changes:

Vivid:
-Added more options to the imagespace controll in the vivid enb shaders.
As a result Tint changes now are getting passed through. The benefit of this is
that mods that tint your vision (because of health problems aso.) now will work better.
The vanilla shaders wont need this changes because they are already compatible.

Vivid & vanilla:
- Added a RCRN weather patch to finally be able to control RCRN even better. As first change i moved back the fog distance. Now lighting and cloud shadows looks even better!
- Added alot of new textures for Groundfogs, smokes, mists and steams!
- added Darker nights as lighting option!

Vanilla:
-added Pure weather darker interiors

Changed:
vivid:
- Overworked/improved ALL weathers of all weathermods (vanilla, COT, PW, RCRN)
- Weather fixes ...weather fixes everywhere!! :D
- improved exterior indirect lighting that caused stuff to shine too bright.
- disabled exterior enb reflections for the normal version cus they used too overbloom stuff on waterfalls and stones because of the lower resolution. Because higher resolution means a immerse fps drop
i leave the exterior enb reflections to the high quality version.

Vivid & Vanilla:
- updated, changed and fixed the Pure Weather patch wich had some errors in it causing too dark nights! Now nights are ok again.
- changed all Climates of tamriel Weather patches for better distant fog.

Vanilla:
- fixed some volumetric fog in the vanilla weathers

Extended Weathers:
- Updated all extended weathers to be compatible with the latest weather patches.
- Fixed a few bugs between the weather patches itself.

Lots of more stuff i most likley forgot :D

• +1 1

Awesome! Going to have to remember to grab the update when I finally get back to playing Skyrim. With the ENBSeries INI Guide, I have been playing really being the ENB I'm using is JawZ's. Need to get back to working on that Guide, but it's the holidays. It can wait. I've recently become addicted to XCOM so it's been sucking up most my free time.

@ taimaishu

no dont worry it wont be messed up when you remove that. Realistic nights contain no scripts afaik. It just lowers the imagespace brightness.

@tech i know that! played UFO: Enemy unknown back then in the old shool days! :D

@aiyen thanks, wouldnt have worked without your work ;)