Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

hmm that strange for sure, never heard or experienced that so far. Makes no sense to me also since i do not change any meshes for those *ponders*

but zfighting cant be solved by smaa or enblocal. Its in the skyrim settings. I simply use those that come with vividians support files ;) They are imo perfectly tuned for having almost no z fighting at all.

@Manga

In the next update can you specify the files that were changed?

I never know how to update properly .

For instance I never know if I have to redo my personal merge or if I only have to change an effects or weather file.

Thanks and keep it coming.

hmm that strange for sure, never heard or experienced that so far. Makes no sense to me also since i do not change any meshes for those *ponders*

but zfighting cant be solved by smaa or enblocal. Its in the skyrim settings. I simply use those that come with vividians support files ;) They are imo perfectly tuned for having almost no z fighting at all.

I'll take a look at your support files and compare them to mine.

EDIT:

You should see our latest finding on iPresentInterval as your support files are out of date for this: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/6532-new-step-vsync-settings-all-step-users-affected/

EDIT 2:

Okay, turns out this was being caused because I loaded up the game standing on a dead body. I changed my position and all is good. Our INI settings were mostly the same and you've included a lot of settings "=1" that isn't in the default INIs but would be the defaults for the game anyway so I skipped most of those. I only changed a few. All is good.  :thumbsup: 

afonik:

sure ok no problemo

Tech: perfect, thanks! good to know :)

the cloudshadows are a witchcraft for their own. They get overwritten by the skyrim weather fog settings (fog near, fog far, thats why we set the skyrim fog back) and also depend on the Direct lighting and ambient lighting settings. High direct lighting values will mostly make them visible. Also the cloud shadows are depending on the alpha strength of the cloud textures. COT clouds for example do not work well with cloud shadows unless one rises up their cloud opacity values. Becasue of that cloudshadows make sense on cloudy days only.

Tech: perfect, thanks! good to know :)

the cloudshadows are a witchcraft for their own. They get overwritten by the skyrim weather fog settings (fog near, fog far, thats why we set the skyrim fog back) and also depend on the Direct lighting and ambient lighting settings. High direct lighting values will mostly make them visible. Also the cloud shadows are depending on the alpha strength of the cloud textures. COT clouds for example do not work well with cloud shadows unless one rises up their cloud opacity values. Becasue of that cloudshadows make sense on cloudy days only.

Ah, that weather system is making my work a lot harder! haha! Been trying to take some compares for the ENBSeries INI Guide. I've been using JawZ's preset for most of it, but it's not set up properly for a lot of the settings and for those, I've used Vividian Vanilla. I'll try editing the weather INIs to grabs some compares.

I've installed the latest Vividian Vanilla and included the new textures for clouds, mists, etc. I have the worst z-fighting on mountains that I've ever seen in my experience with Skyrim with these textures! I assume you don't have this issue. Care to share what you do to combat this?

I'm using SMAA and have the enblocal.ini matching yours (all but the memory section which is set up for my system).

I noticed this with vivid version as well.

• 2 weeks later...

darkside:

saldy i have no recommendations for that yet. I never made it so far to try it out becasue my weather chaos is...immense at the moment already :D

speaking of it... The latest update 6.30 has been released and goes to the Vivid version only. The next following up updates will be 6.30 for vividian vanilla and also extended weathers to support NLA. I decided not to update them both at the same time so i can release updates more frequently and can concentrate at one enb at a time.

Changes:

Vivid version update

Changed mods:

Vividian - Weather Patch Vanilla.esp

Vividian - RCRN Weather patch.esp

Vividian - Pure Weather Patch.esp

Added:

- Full support for NLA - Natural Lighting and Atmospherics (just the .esp file in their data folder, do not install anything else please)

- Updated bloom shader for more precise control of bloom functions and textures. Bloom will look a bit different now

- added 30 minutes of sunshine to the day when using our weather patches:

Now the sun will set 30 minutes Later (like in COT). By doing this you will now experience more imersive sunsets. The vanilla sunset time was just too early and the sun was already gone behind the Mountains.

- Added direct Support for RLO (Realistic Lighting Overaul) Interiors as install option. RLO users must use this in order to experience a enjoyable experience. No other lighting option will work with RLO though and its compatible with Vanilla, NLA and COT.

Fixed:

- Specular lighting was totally wrong with the Pure weather weathers in the Vivid version.

- Fixed some errors in the sun settings at night wich made sunsets/rise look like a supernova ;_;. Please update all your weathers.

- minor interior lightings

Changed:

- All weathers according to the new bloom of all mods!

- intensitys of lens effects have been re tweaked. now there should be no strange effects during sunrise.

- changed weather list to handle clearsky snow weathers independently. By doing that snow overblooming has been reduced.

- changed the immersivenes (does that word actually exist?) of snowy weathers.

• +1 1

Hello folks - thanks for the ongoing updates.

I have a couple of issues with 6.30 - one significantly affects gameplay indoors and the other is just cosmetic,

1. Unlit areas indoors are too dark.

Using SR:LE (CoT, ELFX), Vividian 6.30 and the Brighter Interiors and Nights preset, poorly lit areas indoors are very dark indeed, often to the point of total blackness. This issue occurred with 6.30 and anecdotally with the previous version too. I had originally raised the issue with Neovalen in his support thread and he has added some screenshots of his own experience corroborating the issue.

A specific example is the escape from Helgen. In the exit tunnel after you encounter the bear, there are supposed to be some braziers emitting light but they no longer do so and that dogleg tunnel is pitch black. In Riftem, thre are areas in the Ratway that are pitch black and in the Bee and Barb, the ceiling light only emits its light in a small radius - it falls off too fast. Even actors standing underneath are poorly lit.

2. The Blue Smoke issue is back.

If you recall a good few months ago we had an issue with the smoke from braziers and forges being too blue and you rebalanced the colour. It appears to be back. Here is a screenshot of the area outside Whiterun at 07:30 under weather 0x0005B7F9 (Broken cloud and bright sunshine)...

Vividian630BlueSmoke.jpg

The first issue above with the too-dark areas is the important one but I thought you would like to know about the blue smoke too. I am subbed to this thread in case you want questions answered or shots taken.

Edited by DanielCoffey

hi daniel,

those lights are not coming from the enb, it must be a issue with your Lighting mods who simply doesnt affect those lightbulps. Can i have a look at your load order?

A pure blackness even with brighter interiors should not be happening at all unless something seriusley messes with your imagespaces interior.

Ahyes that blue COT smoke. I finally fought him! I will release a beta update soon that gets rid of this problem once and for all. I will keep you updated in this thread

Here we go...

MOD LIST : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/modlist.txt

LOAD ORDER : https://www.dcoffey.co.uk/images/misc/loadorder.txt

Here is a shot taken in the Alternate Start prison cell standing to the side of the Statue of Mara looking towards the bed. I can only see it if I crank up the brightness a lot...

AlternateStartDark.jpg

I did notice that BOSS changed its load order a fair bit the other day so let me know if there is a specific TES5EDIT record you want examining.

Edited by DanielCoffey

ok lets see, you do not need CoT-WeatherPatch.esp if you use our vividian COT weather patch.

i guess Vividian ENB.esp is a merged patch ?

since you use Live another Life: i had another user recently who also experience that. The lighting in LAL starting cell is really bad for ENB's so thats normal its dark in there.

The other user also had anti aliasing and Anisoptirc filtering still enabled in his skyrim ini's so that made it extra dark.

so here are the settings that needs to be set/changed/added also:

[Display]

bFloatPointRenderTarget=1

bTreesReceiveShadows=1

bDrawLandShadows=1

bShadowsOnGrass=1

fGamma=1.0000

iMultiSample=0 // turns off the game's multi-sampling AA

bTransparencyMultisampling=0 // turns off transparency AA

[imagespace]

bDoDepthOfField=1

iRadialBlurLevel=1

other usual Darken interior suspects are the elfx-enhancer wich you seem not to have installed and the COT interior plugins wich i also didnt found.

wi would recommend loading LAL before the elfx stuff.

I recommend also to use the ELE- interiors that come with vividan instead of ELFX when using Relight skyrim. Those are made to fit together.