Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

Magnaclub - When can we expect an updated load order guide? After I installed your newest enb +extended weathers, I cannot get supreme storms to work and my snow storms seem to be broken. I have been shifting things around but I cannot get them to work. I get the standard rain and when Im at Bleak Falls Barrow there is no snow falling from the sky.

SJm6K1e.png

Edited by timaishu

Doing what you said fixed ESS, but Supreme Storms still dos not work. When I enter the code fw c8220 to trigger vanilla rain, its vanilla rain, not the modified SS rain. I watched a youtube video showing the differences between vanilla and SS vanilla rain and there should be a difference, mine looks totally stock still.

My rain looks like this at 0:53, when it should look like 4:42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nglZvdxU5M

I know SS used to work. When I was running a different enb along with the COT Weather Patch, I recall SS working fine. I think its something to do with your weather patch/ vanilla weather patch/ diverse weathers patch. Perhaps one of those 3 is causing it to fail? Or my Load order is the issue.

Edited by timaishu

You can open the patches and the mod up in TES5edit to see if there are any conflicts that the patches might be overwriting if the .ESPs from the patches are loaded before the SS .ESP file. If there are, you'll need a patch between the two mods or you can make sure the SS .ESP is loaded after the Vividian Patches by creating a Rule in LOOT.

Im not familiar enough with TSEDIT to look for issues like that.

I set the Supreme Storms - COT.esp to load after the vidian: weather patch cot - ess + ss, extended weathers - cot, diverse weathers - aos, weather patch vanilla and it still doesnt work.

Hmm.

EDIT: Is fw c8220 the right code to trigger the rain I am expecting? Perhaps I am using the wrong code and just assuming its broke when Im really not actually triggering it?

Edited by timaishu

Open Tes5edit

Press enter and let it run with your entire list enabled 

Open SS.esp and look under weather

The plugin furthest to the right (after you select one of the weathers) is the one that displays ingame. If it is not SS then that is your problem. 

EDIT: Deleted my whole post as I think I figured out part of the problem.

The Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS patch is overwriting SS rain as per the NNAM Precipitation type. I swapped the order of those two. And Sat for 24 hours a by chance a rain storm came and it looked like whats its supposed to. I tried fw c8220 to see what would happen and the rain went back to vanilla. Loaded up TS5Edit again and it throws up and error telling me that SS.esp and Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS patch are in the wrong order.

Okay guys, I guess Im a dummy. Its working fine. I WAS using the wrong codes it looks like, perhaps the video I linked had a different mod setup. But the code I was entering (fw c8220) is for vanilla rain. But if I enter (fw 0b044831) it works. Sorry for doubting you vidian. :(

Edited by timaishu

Is there a way to make the torches brighter with your exterior darkness mod? I personally think they are too dim. I prefer to level of torch brightness I get with Realistic Nights. I can naviagte by torch at night, with your darkness mod I cannot.

I unfortunetly cannot run realistic nights along side your mod as there is a conflict with your weather patch. In order for Realistic Night CoT.esp to work, I need to have the CoT Weatherpatch ESS.esp active. It seems that if I run that patch along side your weather patch, I break the snow weathers again. Any ideas on how to make realistic nights work with your enb? Or is there an ini or something I can edit to raise the torch brightness?

Edited by timaishu

hi, good the SS thing cleared up :)

about those torches, try to use the vividan torchs preset wich is selectable in the installer. If thats even still not bright enought just go in tes5edit and edit the torches preset. in the Light tab you will find two torches entrys. Just raise up the radius value there for a higher light radius. But be aware that influences ALL torches.

The other option would be if you rise up the  PointLightingIntensityNight value in the Weathers (in the enbseries folder) where you think its too dark. start with skyrim clear and type in the console fw 81a at night to force a clear weather. You can edit that in realtime even in the enb weather window. This will rise the intensity of all Lights like fires, spells and torches at night. I will check out this anyway and see if something is wrong there.

Vividian already have an .esp that alters torches. Just edit that in tes5edit to your liking. It is the only way to alter them anyways. It is however not difficult at all. 

Edit! Damn you manga.. I am trying to help here you ninja you! 

Edit2: You should not alter the point lighting intensity to deal with torches. it will always upset the overall balance since torches are up in your face etc. 

Also there is both a radius and intensity in the .esp values... you can however only go so high before you will get blinding light up close... which you always is when you carry the torch. 

since i am already here, if you guys feel bored you can try out the latest beta files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ealhwl36l95z5zq/AABipEOJj4L71wN1Ckr-MJQNa?dl=0

the vividian Vivid version now supports NLA ;) Vanilla version follows soon.

Edit: Aiyen: :ninja:

Edit2: yes i agree the point light solution is not the best way todo it. The problem with the torches.esp solutions on the other hand is that is also brightens them up inside the buildings. So the interiors of doom should be also installed i guess.

Edited by Mangaclub

I will try playing with TES5Edit and try what you two suggested. For now what I did was renamed the Vividian - Weather Patch CoT - ESS + SS to CoT Weatherpatch ESS.esp. Now realistic nights sees what its looking for and it works. Probably no the best solution, but if I cannot edit the values to what I like, then I guess this will suffice. A pretty ghetto solution I think lol

I've installed the latest Vividian Vanilla and included the new textures for clouds, mists, etc. I have the worst z-fighting on mountains that I've ever seen in my experience with Skyrim with these textures! I assume you don't have this issue. Care to share what you do to combat this?

I'm using SMAA and have the enblocal.ini matching yours (all but the memory section which is set up for my system).