Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

@Manga

Just want to report a bug. I experienced flashing multicolored rectangles when I run passed some certain spots. This is reproducible at the same spot every time regardless of weather (Rain/clear/overcast). Please see screenshot of Whiterun (JK's whiterun - I was running toward Warmaiden from the stairs). There are several other spots that showed this same bug.

It happened when using Vividian ENB performance version 6.30 (Files and esp(s)), Vividian Extended weather 2.51. I am using ENB version 0.265.

I followed SR:LE using ELFX, ELFX exterior, and Relighting Skyrim tailored to be used with ELFX. COT is the only weather overhaul.

My laptop has GT 750m SLI.

After several hours, I managed to fix it by reverting back to vividian ENB files from 6.20 without changing the esp(s).

---------------------

I tried the Beta, got the same bug as 6.30.

Thanks for a great ENB. I am sticking to 6.20 for now.

ScreenShot3.jpg

Edited by darkside

I know you said in your other thread that you fixed it by reverting to 6.20 but I wonder if the newer version of Vividian is using functions from newer releases of the ENB which may in turn be at the root of the issue? What ENB was out at the time that Vividian 6.20 was released?

We also know that Boris does not support 2xGPU setups since he does not have one himself.

I know you said in your other thread that you fixed it by reverting to 6.20 but I wonder if the newer version of Vividian is using functions from newer releases of the ENB which may in turn be at the root of the issue? What ENB was out at the time that Vividian 6.20 was released?

We also know that Boris does not support 2xGPU setups since he does not have one himself.

That's possible.

There is something difference between 6.20 and 6.30 only Mangclub knows.

Edited by darkside

hmmmmm thanks that scertainly something strange. Never experienced that before.

to me it looks like a bloom issue, like, if the calculation says "awww **** this ill overbloom that part anyway --- wheeeeeeee"

It actually could be some thing with SLI or even something in your savegame or a mod thet interfers there. Had some kind of same error report with fallout NV when a camera mod was used.

So can you try 6.30 again and do some debugging? Like:

- deactivating enb effects one by one and see if it disappears. I bet it will disappear when bloom is switched off.

- then, can you try running skyrim in One card mode? Turning of sli?

- trying a "coc riverwood" command at the main menu in the console. that will put you directly to riverwood without any save or starting up failures and see if it still appears.

- At the very end if all fails, try a vanilla MO profile with almost no mods enabled and that coc riverwood command again.

and if even that fails. have a look at the skyrim prefs files that are delivered with vividian (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvp9ex27whbzio1/AAB4hs_tZBK2lPvFRsk3vlOxa?dl=0)

if they fix it.

Thanks for the reply.
The save game is clean new save.
Just want to let you know that this bug happen at specific locations and reproducible. Something tricker this bug/effect. Vividian ENB 6.20 or older versions has no problem. I took the above screenshot in Whiterun, JK's running from the stairs to Warmaiden.
I tried 6.30 again
- deactivated Bloom fixed the multicolored rectangles, but screen still dimmed. Need to deactivate both Bloom and Adaptation to completely fix it. Picture looks totally off though.
- This happen with both one card and SLI mode.
- There is no bug at coc riverwood.
- There is no bug at coc riverwood with vanilla skyrim + ENB

Ini didn't fix it.

Edited by darkside

Manga.... tsk tsk tsk 

You put the white level of the bloom too high. You need to lower it to allow for cases of mods where they for some reason increase the base intensity of light sources. 

What you see on the screenshot is what happens in the egde cases of oversaturation/intensity of the bloom. The code will register the pixels as either pure white, or negative colors and create boxes. It will always happen when your multipliers are too high, or the white level of the tonemapping is too low. Or the tonemapping in general is not properly setup to compensate. 

Alternatively you can alter the adaptation to compensate.... but as you know it is easier to mess with bloom then adaptation! :) 

Braziers and dragon fire are good things to use when testing for this, since in most mod lists they tend to be the brightest objects around. 

Just poke me if you need more help! :) 

hmm basicly you could be right aiyen but ... since version 6.30 we dont use tonemaps anymore. :D

but i will have a look myself if i can reproduce it, but daniel is the first one reporting that soo im not very optimistic.

@darkside

would it be possible for you one day to come to the Chat and we can debug this ? Maybe even via teamviewer?

Easy enough to reproduce... just increase the pass multipliers, and voila it will happen eventually. Also ofc. make sure that fGamma = 1.0 just to rule that sort of sillyness out. 

Also there is always some tonemapping going on (might be the stuff in enbeffect.fx and not bloom.. the two are still related)... and this issue is always related to some effects going "out of bounds" because the code cannot compensate for the changes made to the bloom textures properly.