STEP Patches

Nearox

• 4 weeks later...

Just browsing in TES5Edit to see if there were any conflicts with Skyrim Friction Fix when I seen a conflict I think AOS.esp hasn't forwarded from the USKP.

Explosion >> 0010FBE9 ExplosionFireBoltExpert01

It looks like AOS made the bolt explosion have no sound where it does have sound in vanilla and USKP. Should this be forwarded in the STEP Patches?

• 5 weeks later...

When you are running Wrye Bash to make your Bashed Patch you can add these tags on the mods. It's located in the bottom right corner. You'll see the Bash Tags listed. To add or substract tags, simply right click in the pane and select or deselect the tag you need.

d1a1PND.png

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I'd like to remove Elemental Staffs and Explosive Bolts Visualized from my Extended Step modded game. Since both are referenced as masters in the STEP Extended Patch I'd like to know how the proper way would be to remove them from the STEP Extended Patch using Tes5Edit!

Thanks in advance :)

Edit:

I tried out to do what makes most sense for me, but I'm not sure, if I did it correctly and should worry about having messed something up :O_o:

Here's what I did:

- Opened STEP Extended Patch.esp in Tes5Edit
- looked up all entries in Elemental Staves.esp that have entries including STEP Extended Patch.esp and removed the respective entries from the  STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin.

Weapon:
0010FCF4 StaffThunderbolt (Staff of Thunderbolts)

- looked up all entries in ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp that have entries including STEP Extended Patch.esp and removed the respective entries from the  STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin.

Ammunition:

0300F1B1
0300F1B7
0300F1B9

Projectile:

0300F1B0
0300F1B6
0300F1B8
0300F1BA
03010D8E
03010D8F

- right-clicked on STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin and cleaned and sorted masters.

After saving the STEP Extended Patch.esp and reopening it in Tes5Edit, Elemental Staves.esp and ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp are not loaded anymore, so I guess I'm cool... am I?

Edited by Griwildor

Hey guys,

I'd like to remove Elemental Staffs and Explosive Bolts Visualized from my Extended Step modded game. Since both are referenced as masters in the STEP Extended Patch I'd like to know how the proper way would be to remove them from the STEP Extended Patch using Tes5Edit!

Thanks in advance :)

Edit:

I tried out to do what makes most sense for me, but I'm not sure, if I did it correctly and should worry about having messed something up :O_o:

Here's what I did:

- Opened STEP Extended Patch.esp in Tes5Edit

- looked up all entries in Elemental Staves.esp that have entries including STEP Extended Patch.esp and removed the respective entries in the  STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin.

From Elemental Staves.esp:

Weapon:

0010FCF4 StaffThunderbolt (Staff of Thunderbolts)

- looked up all entries in ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp that have entries including STEP Extended Patch.esp and removed the respective entries in the  STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin.

From ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp:

Ammunition:

0300F1B1

0300F1B7

0300F1B9

Projectile:

0300F1B0

0300F1B6

0300F1B8

0300F1BA

03010D8E

03010D8F

- right-click on STEP Extended Patch.esp plugin and clean and sort masters.

After saving the STEP Extended Patch.esp and reopening it in Tes5Edit, Elemental Staves.esp and ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp are not loaded anymore, so I guess I'm cool... am I?

Correct. You did everything properly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, sorry. You can look at the requirements for every patch and what additional patches you'll need by going to Section 2.A in the guide and using the link to the patch requirements page. You can still use one of the STEP Plugins which will save you about 7 or 8 plugin slots. They include the SMIM plugins, Reduced NPC Greeting, a fast travel fix, No Spinning Death Animations, and a special version of More Salt Please. Also those require are DB and SMIM, or DB, HF, and SMIM.

I use Enhanced Lights and FX instead of ELE. So I can't use the Core or Extended patch? :(

EDIT: Also, the STEP Patches Requirements confuses me. It seems to suggest to enable ESPs like, for example, the SMIM ESPs. However the rest of the guide suggests otherwise.

BTW - Relighting Skyrim (RS) light edits are also present in the Core/Extended Patches, it's just that RS isn't needed as a master for either patch.  On the other hand, ELE is required as a master for the STEP Patches so it's easy to notice that one being a part of either patch.