STEP Patches

Nearox

It seems like ELE is compatible with ELFX but not ELFX Enhancer. So it seems like you should be okay.

My question is that is it possible to let the STEP Patches accept a Legendary + Falskaar + Wrymstooth ELE version? I have Falskaar and Wyrmstooth in my mod list but the way it is I can't use the STEP patches because they need the regular Legendary version of ELE and I need to use the combined version. I don't know what the difference is honestly, it seems like I could just rename the combined version to the Legendary .esp name.

• +1 1

It seems like ELE is compatible with ELFX but not ELFX Enhancer. So it seems like you should be okay.

My question is that is it possible to let the STEP Patches accept a Legendary + Falskaar + Wrymstooth ELE version? I have Falskaar and Wyrmstooth in my mod list but the way it is I can't use the STEP patches because they need the regular Legendary version of ELE and I need to use the combined version. I don't know what the difference is honestly, it seems like I could just rename the combined version to the Legendary .esp name.

You can rename it. It doesn't matter what the name is to the actual game. As long as not other plugins need it to be a master, you're fine renaming it.

• 2 weeks later...

The first half of the keywords are showing up as a critical conflict for me in TES5Edit. The change log says the entries are forwarded from Weapons & Armor Fixes, but the EDID for them differs slightly with a _KRY added at the end. This is the only one with them named this way. I would normally just forward the WAF entry, but I'm afraid it will break a connection that the STEP Patch has made. Is this intended or does it even affect anything?

I don't think it matters what EDID is on Keywords as long as the FormID is the same.

While I always considered this to be true (at least, it is when the keywords is used as reference in other records), I think it'd need further testing regarding scripts. Since in script you use their Edid to refer to Keywords, I wouldn't be 100% sure that the compiler associate the keywords with its formID (especially since you can run the compiler outside the CK). And that's probably even worst with SKSE functions since IIRC they work with the string representation of the edid.

I did a bit of googling and then I PM'd kryptopyr (who is the author of WAF as well as what I think the _KRY stands for) for clarification and she said the same thing as SRB. Seeing as I could not find any other mentions of issues related to this, I think it is safe to assume that they are correct. Though I will still try to keep an eye out for anything that might come from it. Thank you for the timely help.

Edited by KeondraSwift

While I always considered this to be true (at least, it is when the keywords is used as reference in other records), I think it'd need further testing regarding scripts. Since in script you use their Edid to refer to Keywords, I wouldn't be 100% sure that the compiler associate the keywords with its formID (especially since you can run the compiler outside the CK). And that's probably even worst with SKSE functions since IIRC they work with the string representation of the edid.

Can you share which script functions use the EDID?  Most script functions will reference keywords which are declared as properties of that script.

Can you share which script functions use the EDID?  Most script functions will reference keywords which are declared as properties of that script.

I was actually thinking about the very specific HasKeywordString (String s) function (available for every Forms): https://www.creationkit.com/HasKeywordString_-_Form

Edit : btw, the problem is actually way more trivial than I thought. I was certain a similar function that allowed to check for only a part of the edid of the keyword was available. Like a function you'd call with a "_KRY" parameter to check if a form had any keywords with "_KRY" in it. I was pretty sure I already used one once, but I must be mistaken since I can't find it anywehre on the CK wiki nor in my scripts  :O_o:

Edited by Kesta

Ah, thank you.  I wasn't aware of that function.  That does look like it could have some issues with the changes to the Editor IDs.  I'd say the chances of it causing any problems are still pretty low, and I'm not aware of any mods that use this function to check for any of my keywords.  However, it's good to know about that.

• 2 weeks later...

Would I still be able to use the prefab Extended patch if I omit the following:

Stable UGridstoLoad

Double Cursor Fix

Main Font Replacement

83Willows 101BugsHD

Lightning During Thunder Storms

Rainbows & Shooting Stars (for Wonders of Weather)

SM Drop Lit Torches

If the patch relies on one of these mods, which ones?

Would I still be able to use the prefab Extended patch if I omit the following:

Stable UGridstoLoad

Double Cursor Fix

Main Font Replacement

83Willows 101BugsHD

Lightning During Thunder Storms

Rainbows & Shooting Stars (for Wonders of Weather)

SM Drop Lit Torches

If the patch relies on one of these mods, which ones?

You should be fine. There is requirements page linked in one of the sections right before the mod tables start if you're unsure.

I missed one in my list: Enhanced Blood Textures.  Omitting this causes problems with the extended patch.

Could I follow these steps to modify the patch:

- Install EBT

- Load a profile with all Extended Patch masters

- Load TES5Edit

- Find every entry in the Extended Patch whose last entry was EBT

- Replace those values by copying as override the pre-EBT values

- Save and profit