STEP Patches

Nearox

Most of that sounds good.  You'd also have to "Clean Masters" in the STEP Extended Patch ESP also, to remove EBT from the STEP Extended Patch ESP's list of masters.  Maybe "Sort Masters" also is a good idea too, but I'm not sure if that could do harm ever...  I typically see it recommended.

I missed one in my list: Enhanced Blood Textures. Omitting this causes problems with the extended patch.

Could I follow these steps to modify the patch:

- Install EBT

- Load a profile with all Extended Patch masters

- Load TES5Edit

- Find every entry in the Extended Patch whose last entry was EBT

- Replace those values by copying as override the pre-EBT values

- Save and profit

In my pack (link in my signature) there is actually a section in the beginning listing all records that needs to be deleted to remove ebt dependency from the STEP patch. Could save you some time.

Sorry if this hasn't been already answered (or if this is part of your documentation update, EssArrBee). On the STEP Patches page under extended patch it says "Realistic Ragdolls and Force is now merged into the STEP Patches, so no need to install it in Section 2.D. Fixes." However, on the STEP 2.2.9.1 page, it says "STEP Extended Patch users can remove the plugin from this mod. All other files are required." I'm guessing that the STEP 2.2.9.1 instructions are the ones out of date?

In my pack (link in my signature) there is actually a section in the beginning listing all records that needs to be deleted to remove ebt dependency from the STEP patch. Could save you some time.

I followed the instructions in your guide.  Even after selecting "clean masters," the patch is still claiming EBT as a master.  I tried removing it from the file header, but that started giving me all sorts of errors.

I followed the instructions in your guide. Even after selecting "clean masters," the patch is still claiming EBT as a master. I tried removing it from the file header, but that started giving me all sorts of errors.

More records from EBT must havet been added to The patch then since i wrote those instructions then. On vacation so can't help you. I'll update the instructions when I come home. Check the STEP changelog/patch documentation. If it's up to date all records from EBT are documented there. If not, you'll have to check every record in EBT and see if it's added to the STEP patch. Right click the left column and add a filter to sort out records that are not overwritten (theyll be white).

Hi,

I have a question to resolve the following:

I use STEP Extended as a main line. Now, I'm gathering other mods from REGS, and so on... Beside ELE_Legendary_Lite I use Falskaar + Wyrmstooth, as well. If I try to use the merged one from RW Legendary + Fs + Wt and do not use (select) the Legendary one, I got an missing Master file issue in LOOT, because STEP Extended Patch require ELE_Legendary_Lite. But, my problem is not just that using one merged mod instead of two (Legendary and Fs+Wt) but for instance there's:

I use ETAC and ETAC Patches from REGS. There is an ELE patch which would be the most suitable for me: ELE Legendary + Fs + Wt from ETAC patches. But I can't choose it, because in this case I got the missing ELE Master file error. For this patch jut ELE Legendary not enough.

So, the most suitable solution for me would be if my STEP Extended Patch should require, use ELE Legendary + Fs + Wt merged patch.

How can I change them, if it is possible.

And at this moment I'm not remember but there's an other very similar mod, or patch or something like that...

I hope I was clear.

1.) I'm not sure wheter ELE Legendary not enough?

(I mean from ETAC ELE patches I must skip Fs + Wt)

2.) And how can I change in STEP Extended Patch the ELE Legendary Master file for the merged one. If it would be the right choice?

Sry, these are two complicated for me, I just someone understand what I tried to explain above.

Summary and shorten: As if we would use for the first "step" Falskaar and Wyrmstooth in STEP, I guess in this case we would use the merged ELE version (and the other one maybe RW2) and STEP Extended Patch would require these ELE .esp as a Master file. :)

Really thanks any support!

Edited by kranazoli

I followed the instructions in your guide.  Even after selecting "clean masters," the patch is still claiming EBT as a master.  I tried removing it from the file header, but that started giving me all sorts of errors.

In order to have it removed using "clean masters", there must be no records from it left.  If there are, then it will not clean that master out from the header.  If you manually clean the header, you MUST be certain that you removed all records of that master (thus effectively no longer making it a necessary master) from the plugin.  If you don't and there are leftover edits requiring the master, it will break things.  To clarify - BAD SITUATION, DO NOT DO THIS (this = neglect to remove all associated edits).  The safest thing to do is use "clean masters".

STEP Patches updated.

• Updated to UPP 2.1.3
  • Added bash tags to plugin headers so they are read automatically by WB
  • Actually remembered to sort and clean masters.  :dancingbanana:
  • Updated the keywords to the ones used in latest versions of kryp's mods
  • Added non-ELE versions. Get them from this threads OP, the STEP Patches Wiki Page, or my github page.

I will not be putting them on the nexus to avoid more confusion and clutter over what users should download. There will be an installer version of STEP provided assets and plugins when 2.2.9.2 launches to reduce user error and streamline STEP installation.