Better Shaped Weapons - BSW (by masterofshadows and LeanWolf)

WilliamImm

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I've played for a few hours without any visible problems, using what I assume to be the proper procedure, so this is more of just a nit-picking double-check.
     I'm using MO and I know the meshes from this mod should be loaded after DSR but what about the actual process of patching? Should all the patches and installations be performed in the order they're presented in the N. Patches section of STEP 2.2.9?:
Step Patches
Bashed Patch
DSR
BSW
FNIS

Basically, when should we enable/disable BSW during the patching (and later re-patching, as necessary) process.

The main concern I have is the my thoughts that it would be beneficial to include BSW files in one's patches, like the bashed patch or Tes5Edit patch. Does this not make any difference because BSW is just meshes and textures? Also, If it has to be performed in the order presented, does that mean we should disable BSW before remaking any patches?

Edited by onem4nb4nd

Yes, just install in the order the Guide has it listed. Patching doesn't matter here because it's just meshes and textures as you said. You will not need to disable it before remaking any patches. The only reason it is in the place it is in the Guide is because it has to be installed after DSR.

I think the quivers come down to aesthetics and which one you like best. I still need to test the issue with the arrow length. I really think it's something you don't see until you pan the camera around while the bow is drawn and lets face it, that it's how you play the game. That's for screen archers and players just curious about how the PC looks when the arrow is drawn or this most likely would have been fixed by Bethesda in one of the patches. If this bothers anyone, we'll have to keep CQLA because the quivers were specifically redesigned for the longer arrows so they wouldn't poke out the bottom of the quiver. It seems silly to me to change the design of anything in-game just for an issue that would only affect screen archers and curious players. I say this because I did test all arrows and bows with females (smallest scale size) and never saw the issue in first person.

I'll test again in third person, but it probably won't be for this release unless I simply get bored. I'll use BSW quivers in my personal profile.

One thing I wonder about is what it (the arrow issue) looks like in 1st person with a female character using the Enhanced Camera mod, since EssArrBee is pushing for that one to be in the guide.  Has anyone tested it?  I've never installed the Enhanced Camera mod, but I'm interested in it possibly in the future (if it's determined to not cause other issues) since I always play in 1st person.

Other than that - I prefer to have the BSW quivers over CQLA distorted quivers...

EDIT: Oh, just realized that Enhanced Camera is now accepted into the guide, which makes the question even more pertinent.

Edited by oqhansoloqo

I have installed Enhanced Camera and see that the female 1st person arrow notching does look ok (I also am using the Extended XPMS version too, but it didn't seem to make any difference in regards to that anyway over the other version of XPMS).  When are the quivers from BWS going to replace those from CQLA in the guide - has there been enough testing yet?

EDIT: Extended XPMS over the other version does make a difference - the main difference I notice (I think) is that quivers are closer to the body when playing as a female.  I did not notice a fix with the arrow length issue in female 3rd person with either (maybe I didn't load something correctly in regards to the proper weapon scale element of the Extended version?), and I didn't notice this issue at all with female 1st person arrow length with either (didn't even try it without XPMS).

Edited by oqhansoloqo

• 1 month later...