v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

On 6/10/2022 at 4:25 PM, TechAngel85 said:

You can find all the timing from that mod in its ReadMe. However this particular part is here:

See the mod's page on how to configure the mod's settings to change. I have no idea why they removed the MCM over this odd config setup, but they did.

thx a ton, i did read the description when i figured out what mod was causing the timegate, so i disabled them due to personal taste. 

feedback is that this mod imitates a bug where irileth straight up disappears from the game if dragon rising fails to start

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Dragon_Rising

it also doesn't give you an initial warning saying "wait a while for farengar to finish his research"

obviously people that have installed the mod on purpose have read the description and know what it does, but STEP users may not

suggestion is to maybe add a note in the guide so new users immediately notice this mod isn't self-explanatory and that their game is not bugged

as for embers, i would add a note that mentions particle effects and enable "remove helgen" in fomod because it does break immersion. i couldn't find the setting to disable particle effects like DY mentioned, though.

During my initial playthrough with 'Not So Fast - MQ' I wasn't bothered by the time gates it introduced, though I did have to RTFM to figure out those changes - I think they're useful to slow down. However the configuration system is weird and too convoluted for my taste.

For my subsequent playthrough I've switched to the MQ module of At Your Own Pace (by agd25) which is very similar to NSF and better than it IMHO:

• User-friendly MCM configuration system
  • Pacing is controlled by dialogue rather than time delays
  • Optional reminders as quest objectives in journal

I think it's better suited to alternate start style games for RPing purposes as it allows for greater freedom and immersion (no configuration via a Whiterun wall), but it can also be configured for a straight vanilla experience.

image.png

10 hours ago, cpin1 said:

as for embers, i would add a note that mentions particle effects and enable "remove helgen" in fomod because it does break immersion. i couldn't find the setting to disable particle effects like DY mentioned, though.

I honestly haven't even looked at the effect of the Helgen glow, since I never do the opening quest any more. I recall that there is a glow in vanilla though.

42 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I honestly haven't even looked at the effect of the Helgen glow, since I never do the opening quest any more. I recall that there is a glow in vanilla though.

iHYdyHf.jpeg

vanilla

8wlWZxx.jpeg

embers XD

most of helgen isn't changed by embers, so you just end up with a bunch of inconsistent piles of molten wood

this also affects windhelm during the civil war

46 minutes ago, cpin1 said:

iHYdyHf.jpeg

vanilla

8wlWZxx.jpeg

embers XD

most of helgen isn't changed by embers, so you just end up with a bunch of inconsistent piles of molten wood

this also affects windhelm during the civil war

Thanks for that screen. I assumed it was glow in the air like fog and not embers. I will modify our instructions accordingly.

@sheson and all the others that made the guide, but especially @sheson

I was finally able to fully complete the dyndolod steps to generate the lods.

Previously with older versions of skyrim, i was a bit stubborn, installing multiple mods that gave an error in dyndolod and so forth.

Even now i had just installed the old 1.5.97 version of skyrim, and Dyndolod gave an error on update.esm, mentioning it might be the wrong version.

Then i upgraded via steam, to the current version again, and ran Dyndolod again, and it finally finished.

Even with my tons of other mods (i am 1 short of the 255 esp limit atm), i have the most stable skyrim i have ever had, cause when following the step guide i was not stubborn, and also because of choosing my other mods carefully.

So thank you all! and again @sheson, the dyndolod lods are amazing! 

Thank you so much for everything :)

And now --> back to playing :D and beating skyrim for the first time ;) 

1 hour ago, maramsp said:

@sheson and all the others that made the guide, but especially @sheson

I was finally able to fully complete the dyndolod steps to generate the lods.

Previously with older versions of skyrim, i was a bit stubborn, installing multiple mods that gave an error in dyndolod and so forth.

Even now i had just installed the old 1.5.97 version of skyrim, and Dyndolod gave an error on update.esm, mentioning it might be the wrong version.

Then i upgraded via steam, to the current version again, and ran Dyndolod again, and it finally finished.

Even with my tons of other mods (i am 1 short of the 255 esp limit atm), i have the most stable skyrim i have ever had, cause when following the step guide i was not stubborn, and also because of choosing my other mods carefully.

So thank you all! and again @sheson, the dyndolod lods are amazing! 

Thank you so much for everything :)

And now --> back to playing :D and beating skyrim for the first time ;) 

sheson has no affiliation with the Step guides. We simply host his DynDOLOD support forums and offer up guided instructions for using DynDOLOD with our setup ;)

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

sheson has no affiliation with the Step guides. We simply host his DynDOLOD support forums and offer up guided instructions for using DynDOLOD with our setup ;)

I know this.

But the last times i failed on the Dyndolod thingy, which now finally succeeded.

Maybe it shouldve been better if i correct this, to say thanks to all.

But in this case, i wanted to mention Sheson a bit more, cause i finally saw the awesomeness of the generated lods, cause of Dyndolod :)

But ofcourse, the step team itself has done a magnificent job;

Easy to follow, easy to do, and in the end a wonderful result!

• Like 1