v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

If you have a save from that encounter or just before it, you can load it and when next to that PC open console to use More Informative Console to see what is providing that head. Otherwise, you can revisit the mod instructions for the mods mentioned to check for issues.

Otherwise, we will need to independently verify, so a location of that encounter and quest (if applicable) would help.

Location is on the way to bleak falls barrow from Riverwood where is a tower with three bandits and the bandit is the second one which is patrolling with a bow.

1 hour ago, tadastalalas said:

Location is on the way to bleak falls barrow from Riverwood where is a tower with three bandits and the bandit is the second one which is patrolling with a bow.

I've killed that bandit and I'm pretty sure it didn't look like that. I think these are just spawns in the game, though, so it could be difficult to find that exact NPC. I'm not 100% on that, though.

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I've killed that bandit and I'm pretty sure it didn't look like that. I think these are just spawns in the game, though, so it could be difficult to find that exact NPC. I'm not 100% on that, though.

How do I inspect an NPC when I encounter one with console for advanced information?

Hello good people. The step build is super awesome, enjoying every bit of it on legendary difficulty + survival mode.

Found some stuff I thought I should post them here:

1 In Haemar's Shame cave 2 Vampire's Thralls are not aggressive (the first enemy in the cave and another way deeper in the picture), the rest enemies are aggressive as normal.

2 When I entered Lydia's inventory I saw duplicate staffs, when I took one of them it took both copies at the same time, so it wasn't actual copy just a record.

3 Iron Plate Helmet does not allow you to see eyes, seems like improved closefaced helmets is not including this item, not sure is this intended.

4 Health, Stamina and Mana bars are still fading away even if they are not full, I looked at settings but found nothing I could do to switch this fading away, I mean it's good when they fade away when they are full, but would be helpful to have them showing when bars are not 100%.

5 My horse Steel armor sometimes visible sometimes not. For example when I exit the cave armor not visible or when I load the game back armor is then visible.

ScreenShot11.jpg

ScreenShot12.jpg

ScreenShot13.jpg

ScreenShot16.jpg

ScreenShot17.jpg

Edited by tadastalalas
Added a bug with a horse

Hello! 

I'm looking for a solution as well as leaving some feedback on the lighting situation (yeah, this again). 

I calibrated my monitor and set brightness sliders to midlike suggested, but it pitch black at night and in dungeons making it incredibly difficult for my visually impaired self to see. It's making my assassin play through a nightmare to the point where I tried turning off the ENB entirely (heavy) which seems to fix it somewhat in shadowy areas, but not at night, and everything looks miscolored without it, IE grass in the Reach looks bright freaking green(doesn't with the ENB). 

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I appreciate what you're trying to do with it, and I kinda like it, but it's sorely hindering my play. 

And no, torches and candlelight don't really help. I play third person and they're just not very bright at all. 

Not expecting daylight brightness at night, but I'd like to be able to see, for example, the rocks I'm running into. Tried to do Silent Moons camp at night, got to the top of the stairs and couldn't see the entrance to the dome and somehow got stuck, unable to get out lol

20 hours ago, tadastalalas said:

1 In Haemar's Shame cave 2 Vampire's Thralls are not aggressive (the first enemy in the cave and another way deeper in the picture), the rest enemies are aggressive as normal.

That's expected. It's the same in vanilla. These Vampire Thralls are by themselves unaggressive and neutral towards the player faction, as defined in the vanilla game plugins. They don't attack on sight. You'll find other instances in Skyrim (Shriekwind Bastion comes to mind, there is one thrall alone in a room, sitting on a throne).

21 hours ago, tadastalalas said:

3 Iron Plate Helmet does not allow you to see eyes, seems like improved closefaced helmets is not including this item, not sure is this intended.

That's expected too. Improved Closefaced Helmets only supports the original SSE vanilla helmets (circa 2016). Iron Plate Helmet comes from the latest AE CC content.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sakiri said:

Hello! 

I'm looking for a solution as well as leaving some feedback on the lighting situation (yeah, this again). 

I calibrated my monitor and set brightness sliders to midlike suggested, but it pitch black at night and in dungeons making it incredibly difficult for my visually impaired self to see. It's making my assassin play through a nightmare to the point where I tried turning off the ENB entirely (heavy) which seems to fix it somewhat in shadowy areas, but not at night, and everything looks miscolored without it, IE grass in the Reach looks bright freaking green(doesn't with the ENB). 

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this? I appreciate what you're trying to do with it, and I kinda like it, but it's sorely hindering my play. 

And no, torches and candlelight don't really help. I play third person and they're just not very bright at all. 

Not expecting daylight brightness at night, but I'd like to be able to see, for example, the rocks I'm running into. Tried to do Silent Moons camp at night, got to the top of the stairs and couldn't see the entrance to the dome and somehow got stuck, unable to get out lol

I'm working on next ENB revision ... I assume you are using ENB. Overwrite the Skylighting section of all weather files in ..\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\enbseries\Weather\. with the following:

[SKYLIGHTING]
AmbientMinLevelDawn=0.6
AmbientMinLevelSunrise=0.5
AmbientMinLevelDay=0.3
AmbientMinLevelSunset=0.5
AmbientMinLevelDusk=0.6
AmbientMinLevelNight=0.7
AmbientMinLevelInteriorDay=0.5
AmbientMinLevelInteriorNight=0.5

Interiors will be AmbientLightingIntensityInterior* under [environment]

OK perfect, I'll give that a try in a few moments actually.

Edit: is that the root Skyrim directory? Because I don't have an ENBseries folder in there. But I do have the ENB installed(I know because I can toggle it on and off in game).

Edit again, I am idiot, it's not in the data folder, it's in the root directory. 

Your filetree example threw me off.  It's skryrim special edition\enbseries\weather.  

Editing rather than making a new post:

It helped a bit during daylight hours but nighttime is still insanely dark and I think it might be the lighting mods.

K5VVc7Z.png

That's on the bridge outside Riverwood.  And I hear this ENB doesn't support Night Eye so that's not a valid workaround yet. Advice? I don't remember my last guide install being quite this dark(I installed last in 2020).

Edited by Sakiri
additional information/question

2 hours ago, Sakiri said:

Editing rather than making a new post:

It helped a bit during daylight hours but nighttime is still insanely dark and I think it might be the lighting mods.

K5VVc7Z.png

That's on the bridge outside Riverwood.  And I hear this ENB doesn't support Night Eye so that's not a valid workaround yet. Advice? I don't remember my last guide install being quite this dark(I installed last in 2020).

That's is fairly close to accurate, actually. CW is actually pretty dark on its own: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Project:Skyrim_Weather_Reference/Weather_Compares

46 minutes ago, Sakiri said:

Is there anything I can do about it until the ENB supports night eye? Otherwise my assassin is going to have to shelved. :(

Night Eye works, there's just no customizations for it yet. Right now, about the only thing you might be able to do (besides editing the ENB settings) is to adjust CW MCM. I believe there are some things there for nights.

1 hour ago, Sakiri said:

Is there anything I can do about it until the ENB supports night eye? Otherwise my assassin is going to have to shelved. :(

A new update to ENB settings will be released shortly. This may help. Otherwise, see your game brightness and gamma as mentioned.