v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

1 hour ago, Whitestar127 said:

Sorry for the triple post, but I ran into another possible problem under Simple Children.

After loading the FacegenForKids.esp in xEdit I get this:

modgroups.thumb.png.7fc598a5b2ac6b9b99417239c02e5e2a.png

Do I tick that box or not?

After locating 00014132 I noticed that my scrollbar is a lot smaller than in your ref image - there are way fewer items/records in the left pane. Also, the number in brackets next to the error is different.

Here is what I have:

myXEdit.thumb.png.7362fd9208601ce503409f54475def8c.png

and here is your ref image:

XEdit_ref.thumb.png.2c6387c8ef399081b088920bf25ce597.png

Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for the constant nagging - I just want to get everything right.

You can activate the mod groups. It just stops some conflicts from showing that are suppose to be there.

As for the scrollbar, don't worry about it. When the image was taken it was probably with a full Guide load order and not just up to that point in the Guide.

2 hours ago, Whitestar127 said:

Sorry for the triple post, but I ran into another possible problem under Simple Children.

After loading the FacegenForKids.esp in xEdit I get this:

modgroups.thumb.png.7fc598a5b2ac6b9b99417239c02e5e2a.png

Do I tick that box or not?

After locating 00014132 I noticed that my scrollbar is a lot smaller than in your ref image - there are way fewer items/records in the left pane. Also, the number in brackets next to the error is different.

Here is what I have:

myXEdit.thumb.png.7362fd9208601ce503409f54475def8c.png

and here is your ref image:

XEdit_ref.thumb.png.2c6387c8ef399081b088920bf25ce597.png

Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for the constant nagging - I just want to get everything right.

The different ID in the right col only indicates that the plugin is sorted differently by LOOT than when we did it. The first two chars in the reference indicate the plugin position. It's the same record though.

The difference in the length of the record in left pane is because we are showing the reference from skyrim.esm plugin where you are looking at it from the mod plugin. Same record viewed from a different plugin in the record stack, so no worries.

I get this message (snipped) when running the Nemesis tool (under 19-Utilities).

ERROR(6002): An exception has occured while patching. Report to Nemesis' author immediately
File: _1stperson\crossbow_direction_behavior.txt
Message: copy_file: The system cannot find the path specified.: "cached_behaviors\SSE\_1stperson\crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx", "d:\steamd\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\actors\character\_1stperson\behaviors\crossbow_direction_behavior.hkx"

Failed to generate behavior

EDIT: I'm just going to let this be for now and continue with the remaining steps until I get help with this. I assume I can do this last without any issues arising, since the guide says "Nemesis must be run whenever animation/skeleton mods are added/updated."

EDIT2: Fixed! The solution was to run Nemesis in Windows 7 Compatability mode. See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/pgvwz9/psa_for_those_of_you_getting_nemesis_unlimited/

Apologies for not just checking the Nexus page first (duh!) before posting here. Then again, this is enough of a show stopper that it should probably be mentioned in the instructions. Something like: "You may have to run Nemesis in Windows 7 Compatibility mode".

Edited by Whitestar127

Not sure how, but at some point (possibly during the last couple of mod groups) this ended up in my Overwrite mod/folder:

overwrite.thumb.png.483ec40595416ca380c461df012308eb.png

Should I do anything about it?

EDIT: I moved the ini files to their respective mod folders (Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice and powerofthree's Tweaks) and deleted the remaining folders in Overwrite.

Edited by Whitestar127

I generally move these to the respective mod folders as well to keep things as tidy and organized as possible. I seem to recall these mostly get created on the first run of the game so you shouldn't see much (if anything) get created after that. It doesn't hurt to peek in Overwrite every once in a while to keep it cleaned.

Should I also select Deadlands and Giant's Tooth when generating terrain with lodGen? I selected them. (It says "Select all worldspaces" in the instructions, but the reference image doesn't show those two from Creation Club.)

lodgen.thumb.png.314196ba8bd665ad9c79bfdcbb0627ab.png

Edited by Whitestar127