v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

Congratulations on the release of 2.0.0! 

I love what the beta guide already did to my game,
will at some point try to lift my beta adaptation to this one
and will definitively use it for my second playthrough.

A question regarding the included grass cache in the STEP CR 2.0.0 patch and the Grass Cache Fixes:
On the nexus page of the Grass Cache Fixes it is stated "Step 4: Ensure that you have a gid file and a cgid file for everything.",
but the CR patch only includes cgid files, is this intentional?

1 hour ago, TaxTalis said:

A question regarding the included grass cache in the STEP CR 2.0.0 patch and the Grass Cache Fixes:
On the nexus page of the Grass Cache Fixes it is stated "Step 4: Ensure that you have a gid file and a cgid file for everything.",

The GID files are in the BSA.

1 hour ago, TaxTalis said:

Ignore the steps in that description as we have done it for you. The gid files have been placed inside a BSA. 

Thank you for all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into releasing this Guide.  I had been following it in it's unreleased state and will now go through what I have installed to update it.

I have a suggestion regarding the current System Requirements table:  links to the PassMark Software CPU , Hard Drive, Ram and System Benchmark s would (I think) help impress upon people the importance of ensuring that their system is capable of effectively supporting a STEP2 build.  If you agree, I am volunteering to undertake the change.

A second suggestion is that you consider adding Sync Plugins with Mod Order - Mod Organizer 2 Plugin to the MO2 configuration/setup instructions for the Guide.  I've been using this for a while and it done an excellent job of putting the plugins in mod list order.  Sometimes LOOT will make changes to it's handiwork; sometimes it doesn't.  Loot and this mod make it easy to have plugins in the required order.

STEP2SystemRequirements.jpg

Edited by Decopauge123

2 hours ago, Decopauge123 said:

Thank you for all the blood, sweat, and tears that went into releasing this Guide.  I had been following it in it's unreleased state and will now go through what I have installed to update it.

I have a suggestion regarding the current System Requirements table:  links to the PassMark Software CPU , Hard Drive, Ram and System Benchmark s would (I think) help impress upon people the importance of ensuring that their system is capable of effectively supporting a STEP2 build.  If you agree, I am volunteering to undertake the change.

A second suggestion is that you consider adding Sync Plugins with Mod Order - Mod Organizer 2 Plugin to the MO2 configuration/setup instructions for the Guide.  I've been using this for a while and it done an excellent job of putting the plugins in mod list order.  Sometimes LOOT will make changes to it's handiwork; sometimes it doesn't.  Loot and this mod make it easy to have plugins in the required order.

STEP2SystemRequirements.jpg

There are links to the mentioned benchmarks already. They are in blue. 

Sorting via that plugin would break our guide, because our conflict resolution requires the mod order be how it is placed in the guides. That plugin would only be useful as a general guide on mod placement. 

2 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Well, I finally got around to installing the Conflict Resolution Patch, but it is giving me Missing Master errors on the creations that I don't have installed. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just go without the resolution patch and make a Bashed patch?

The guide is for Skyrim Anniversary Edition, which requires you to have all the creation content and latest patch for the game. 

24 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

There are links to the mentioned benchmarks already. They are in blue. 

Sorting via that plugin would break our guide, because our conflict resolution requires the mod order be how it is placed in the guides. That plugin would only be useful as a general guide on mod placement.

Ah, I missed them.  Understood about the sorting.  Thanks.

Great work! Thank you so much.

But I'm stuck in section 8 with simple children. You advise to open FacegenForKids.esp with xedit because of on old reference which should be cleaned. But xedit does not allow to open the esp because of this. The esp is crossed out. What do I miss? How can I open the esp for cleaning?

57 minutes ago, Pug said:

Great work! Thank you so much.

But I'm stuck in section 8 with simple children. You advise to open FacegenForKids.esp with xedit because of on old reference which should be cleaned. But xedit does not allow to open the esp because of this. The esp is crossed out. What do I miss? How can I open the esp for cleaning?

This file requires the DLC and Simple Children's plugin to be present before you can edit it in xEdit.

In the instructions regarding the installation of DynDOLOD, I'm instructed to navigate to C:/Modding/Tools/DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD  and edit the TexGen.ini file there. That INI file doesn't exist.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something?

18 minutes ago, Spigotron said:

In the instructions regarding the installation of DynDOLOD, I'm instructed to navigate to C:/Modding/Tools/DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD  and edit the TexGen.ini file there. That INI file doesn't exist.

Has anyone else had this issue? Am I missing something?

Make sure you've download v3, down in the Misc Files.

It's also "TexGen_SSE.INI".

13 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Make sure you've download v3, down in the Misc Files.

It's also "TexGen_SSE.INI".

*facepalm* My bad - I just didn't read lol. I'd downloaded the wrong file. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

Edited by Spigotron

On 3/15/2022 at 12:38 PM, TechAngel85 said:

If you know what you're doing, not too hard. Install the SE versions of mods rather than AE versions. Then remove or change the masters in the Patches. We're not supporting that though.

We understand a lot of users have not purchased AE yet. We're also aware that the only difference between SE and AE is the Creation Club content. All users received the update to Special Edition (currently v1.6.353, I think) so that shouldn't be a barrier to anyone except to those who are artificially preventing their games from updating. Since Bethesda has labeled Anniversary Edition an official DLC and Step stopped supported piecemeal DLCs many years ago, we decided to change gears after AE's announcement to support it for v2 of the Guide.

I'm a bit confused, can you clarify please?

The 2.0 of current Skyrim:SE(AE/1.6+) guide based around assumption that "all DLCs are obtained" which means "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition" DLC bought and installed and all of the Creation Club mods which come with it are obtained via download in-game? Or is it still possible to mod the game with this guide without Anniversary Edition DLC? And if so is it just the matter of creating dummy ESPs in Wyre Bash after installing of Conflict Resolution patch or it's much bigger problem and most of the mods in the guide assume Anniversary Edition is bought and installed?

Because I'm currently have a Skyrim SE 1.6.353 game version from steam installed but not the DLC. Do I need to buy "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition" to use this guide or can I still make it work without it? Is it still possible to use 1.0 guide for Skyrim SE 1.5.x or most of the mods listed there is updated to the current version of the Skyrim + AE DLC including CR patch?

Sorry if it was explained before here, at guide page or CR nexus page. Just trying to understand the new guide and what can I do in my situation.

17 minutes ago, Ogom said:

I'm a bit confused, can you clarify please?

The 2.0 of current Skyrim:SE(AE/1.6+) guide based around assumption that "all DLCs are obtained" which means "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition" DLC bought and installed and all of the Creation Club mods which come with it are obtained via download in-game? Or is it still possible to mod the game with this guide without Anniversary Edition DLC? And if so is it just the matter of creating dummy ESPs in Wyre Bash after installing of Conflict Resolution patch or it's much bigger problem and most of the mods in the guide assume Anniversary Edition is bought and installed?

Because I'm currently have a Skyrim SE 1.6.353 game version from steam installed but not the DLC. Do I need to buy "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition" to use this guide or can I still make it work without it? Is it still possible to use 1.0 guide for Skyrim SE 1.5.x or most of the mods listed there is updated to the current version of the Skyrim + AE DLC including CR patch?

Sorry if it was explained before here, at guide page or CR nexus page. Just trying to understand the new guide and what can I do in my situation.

It's explained at the top of the guide. We don't support anything but what it says; although, it's certainly possible to run with 1.6.xxx. We just don't offer guidance on that. The CC DLC costs $20 I think.