v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

6 hours ago, CorpCord said:

Is there anything in the guide that would cause this?

Jewelry: no idea.

Potions: Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim. Over time I found that this mod tends to break the game economy and makes Alchemy a lot less useful. The vanilla game already sprinkles a lot of potions/poisons throughout the world. With this mod, looting corpses brings even more potions/poisons. To the point where I had no need to brew my own potions/poisons and I could make a lot of money from selling those I found and looted, I had so many of them.

I ended up disabling the potions of Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim, keeping only the Shouts for NPCs. And I switched to NPCs use Potions which is a lot more sophisticated, and removes potions/poisons from NPCs upon death. It's so sophisticated that it may be a little too complex for its own good. But it works pretty well for the most part.

10 hours ago, CorpCord said:

I've noticed I seem to be getting more jewelry and potions from enemies. For example, in Bleak Falls Barrow at level 3, bandits almost all have potions and the draugr are dropping rings. Is there anything in the guide that would cause this?

There are several level list changes in the Guide from various mod. CACO or WACCF would be my first places to look.

4 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Jewelry: no idea.

Potions: Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim. Over time I found that this mod tends to break the game economy and makes Alchemy a lot less useful. The vanilla game already sprinkles a lot of potions/poisons throughout the world. With this mod, looting corpses brings even more potions/poisons. To the point where I had no need to brew my own potions/poisons and I could make a lot of money from selling those I found and looted, I had so many of them.

I ended up disabling the potions of Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim, keeping only the Shouts for NPCs. And I switched to NPCs use Potions which is a lot more sophisticated, and removes potions/poisons from NPCs upon death. It's so sophisticated that it may be a little too complex for its own good. But it works pretty well for the most part.

The potions might be something to look at toning down via patching. I've not played, played in a long time, but DY recently did a longer play and didn't mention these issues. Personally, I hardly every used potions in this game. It's all about personal play style on that front.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, Greg said:

I'm looking in SSEEdit and I see that ACTI:07000083 indeed has an unresolved reference to 0700091C and ACTI:07000867 has an unresolved reference to 0704DAF9. These are errors in the Creation Club plugin so I doubt we can do anything about these two.

The error in Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp is likely because you are missing or have not activated Better Dynamic Snow.

All of the other errors you listed appear to be benign and can be ignored. Some of these are included in the log as a precaution because xEdit does not know what these values mean.

EDIT: I may be mistaken about missing Better Dynamic Snow. It looks as if Better Dynamic Snow recently updated and this may be the reason for the unknown reference to 1C00FFD4. If you have the latest version, you might install Better Dynamic Snow SE v3.4.0 in Old Files.

On 7/25/2022 at 7:51 PM, egocarib said:

Aha.

You clued me in to the issue. I had installed Better Dynamic Snow version 3.5.0, which was released yesterday morning. That version causes STEP Conflict Resolution patch to have a missing reference error. The changelog for v3.5.0 notes that there were some changes to the ESM and ESP structure, so that is probably why. I installed the older v3.4.0 of Better Dynamic Snow and that one works correctly with the STEP Conflict Resolution patch (no error).

For the Creation Club plugin issue, I think the STEP guide should give some instruction about what to do about it (even if that is simply disabling the ESP while running DynDOLOD?), since it caused a fatal error that prevented me from running DynDOLOD.

Thanks for your help!

On 7/25/2022 at 9:15 PM, TechAngel85 said:

The Step Patch will need to be updated to support latest BDS changes. I guess there is something forwarded in that cell that changed FormIDs in the recent update.

The 2.0.0 CR Patch has been updated (download from Update Files) for BDS 3.5 compatibility

I'm getting godrays coming through the mountain near Riverwood (hopefully you can see it around the tree in this screenshot)

yxp4YMS.png

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm using full LOD and Weather & Lighting, but no ENB.

NEVERMIND. It was just because I regenerated LOD and forgot to enable it lol

Edited by CorpCord
  • Like 1

Is it possible to use the Majestic Mountains Creation Club Landscape Patch without Bloodchill Manor? Or modify it to work without Bloodchill Manor?

Edit: Would it work to just delete the block of worldspace records in the patch where the reference to Bloodchill Manor is?

Edited by CorpCord

Another thing I'm wondering, I changed my load order a bit and now Grass LOD is greyed out in DynDOLOD, with a tooltip that says 0 cache files and 48 billboards. Does anyone know why this would be? What is it in the guide that gets the grass cache that's necessary?

Edit: I figured out the cache was in the conflict resolution. Sorry for all the stupid questions.

Edited by CorpCord

13 hours ago, CorpCord said:

Is it possible to use the Majestic Mountains Creation Club Landscape Patch without Bloodchill Manor? Or modify it to work without Bloodchill Manor?

Edit: Would it work to just delete the block of worldspace records in the patch where the reference to Bloodchill Manor is?

Use this guidance for editing things related to patches whether master or not it should provide you what is needed. The tasks are essentially the same.

Hi, I'm doing my second STEP guide walkthrough and I believe this should be changed:

(under RUSTIC ANIMATED POTIONS and POISONS)

"Install a Main File, and Step recommends: SSE Meshes optional file."

The SSE Meshes file is actually an update file, and as far as I can tell it should be merged? If so that needs mentioning.

Also, (and I'm a bit stuck here) it says:

1. Once installed, double-click the mod in MO to bring up Mod's window
  2. Select the Conflicts tab
  3. At the top on the Winning file conflicts:' pane, type Fixed Mesh Lighting in the filter box (top right)
  4. Select all line in the filtered Winning file conflicts: pane
  5. Right-click on any selected file and select Hide

Here's the problem: Filtering on "Fixed Mesh Lighting" doesn't do anything, since both mods under "Overwritten Mods"...

• Fixed Mesh Lighting
  • Assorted mesh fixes, Fixed Mesh Lighting

...contain the words "Fixed Mesh Lighting". So how can I filter out the one that only says "Fixed Mesh Lighting"? Or should I in fact hide both of them? If so there is no point in filtering.

See attached image for clarity. Let me know if I misunderstood something.

I'll keep installing and come back to this when I'm finished with all the mods. Hopefully someone has answered this by then.

rustic.png

Edited by Whitestar127

1 hour ago, Whitestar127 said:

Hi, I'm doing my second STEP guide walkthrough and I believe this should be changed:

(under RUSTIC ANIMATED POTIONS and POISONS)

"Install a Main File, and Step recommends: SSE Meshes optional file."

The SSE Meshes file is actually an update file, and as far as I can tell it should be merged? If so that needs mentioning.

Also, (and I'm a bit stuck here) it says:

1. Once installed, double-click the mod in MO to bring up Mod's window
  2. Select the Conflicts tab
  3. At the top on the Winning file conflicts:' pane, type Fixed Mesh Lighting in the filter box (top right)
  4. Select all line in the filtered Winning file conflicts: pane
  5. Right-click on any selected file and select Hide

Here's the problem: Filtering on "Fixed Mesh Lighting" doesn't do anything, since both mods under "Overwritten Mods"...

• Fixed Mesh Lighting
  • Assorted mesh fixes, Fixed Mesh Lighting

...contain the words "Fixed Mesh Lighting". So how can I filter out the one that only says "Fixed Mesh Lighting"? Or should I in fact hide both of them? If so there is no point in filtering.

See attached image for clarity. Let me know if I misunderstood something.

I'll keep installing and come back to this when I'm finished with all the mods. Hopefully someone has answered this by then.

rustic.png

Fixed the Update File label.

The file hide instructions are correct. We are hiding any files provided by RUSTIC ANIMATED POTIONS and POISONS that are overriding those provided by Fixed Mesh Lighting. Fixed Mesh Lighting overrides Assorted Mesh Fixes, so both are listed in the Overwritten Mods details, since both are in the same conflict chain.

43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Fixed the Update File label.

The file hide instructions are correct. We are hiding any files provided by RUSTIC ANIMATED POTIONS and POISONS that are overriding those provided by Fixed Mesh Lighting. Fixed Mesh Lighting overrides Assorted Mesh Fixes, so both are listed in the Overwritten Mods details, since both are in the same conflict chain.

Appreciate the quick answer :)

Ok understood. Two things though:

1. Why filter then? It has no effect. At least in my build (which is an exact replica of the guide) it doesn't reduce the list.

2. Was I correct to merge the SSE Meshes mod? If so that should be mentioned in the instructions.

4 hours ago, Whitestar127 said:

Appreciate the quick answer :)

Ok understood. Two things though:

1. Why filter then? It has no effect. At least in my build (which is an exact replica of the guide) it doesn't reduce the list.

2. Was I correct to merge the SSE Meshes mod? If so that should be mentioned in the instructions.

1. Rustic overrides FML, so we need to hide those that override. Sure, you could not use the filter and select all winning to hide them, but what if some mod in between them adds an asset we want that Rustic overrides and FML doesn't touch? We'd rather give the advice we know works than micromanage mod instructions.

2. Yes, merging is correct, will take a look

Ok gotcha. Sounds sensible.

Instructions look good now. Thanks again :)

Btw, there were a couple of other instances where it said "optional", "update" or "miscellaneous" and then on the FILES tab of the Nexus mod it was actually one of the others. But I didn't report those (sorry) since I thought everyone would probably figure out that it was just a small typo/error.

Edited by Whitestar127

Btw, the Covert (small typo there) SkyrimLE plugins to SkyrimSE article that the guide links to (under Dragons Shout with Voice), contains outdated info. The Bethesda Launcher is no longer in use as of May 11, 2022. Instead the Creation Kit should be downloaded from here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1946180/Skyrim_Special_Edition_Creation_Kit/ by clicking on the green Free button.

So, the first bullet point in that article:

1. Install Creation Kit from within Bethesda's launcher

Should be changed to something like:

1. Install Creation Kit from Steam's Skyrim Special Edition: Creation Kit store page 

EDIT: And it seems there is an issue running the Creation Kit from MO now (after downloading it from Steam's store page instead of the Bethesda Launcher). I get this error running it from MO

app_error.thumb.png.d4de26f3a22536253b7f9793e4c4828b.png

To convert the dragon esp I had to run Creation Kit from Steam instead of from within MO. Did a workaround: copied the dragon ESP to the Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder to be able to find it in the ESP list in Creation Kit. After converting and saving the ESP I moved it back into the respective mod folder under my profile and checked for errors using xEdit. Then I ran LOOT to check if I had to clean it. I clicked Sort Plugins and LOOT said it was fine (there was no yellow line saying it should be cleaned). So I closed LOOT without applying the sorting, since strictly speaking the guide hadn't told me to run LOOT and apply the sorting at this point.

I hope I didn't mess anything up by doing all this. :unsure:

Edited by Whitestar127

Sorry for the triple post, but I ran into another possible problem under Simple Children.

After loading the FacegenForKids.esp in xEdit I get this:

modgroups.thumb.png.7fc598a5b2ac6b9b99417239c02e5e2a.png

Do I tick that box or not?

After locating 00014132 I noticed that my scrollbar is a lot smaller than in your ref image - there are way fewer items/records in the left pane. Also, the number in brackets next to the error is different.

Here is what I have:

myXEdit.thumb.png.7362fd9208601ce503409f54475def8c.png

and here is your ref image:

XEdit_ref.thumb.png.2c6387c8ef399081b088920bf25ce597.png

Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for the constant nagging - I just want to get everything right.