v2.0.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

DoubleYou

Consider adding Rock Grass for ENB Complex Grass SE (with Guide) to this Guide.

"By default, Normal Maps do not work with Grass Objects. ENBSeries 0.473+ adds a new parameter "Complex Grass" which allows Normal Maps, Specular & Sub-Surface Scattering to work. This page also includes a guide on how to create ENB compatible textures & meshes for Complex Grass. "

Smooth Shores Patches under section 20-Patches says: Install all files. Merge when asked.

On March 27, they added a patch for Worldspace Transition Tweaks, which is not included in the guide. I happened to be following the guide on March 27 and ended up installing it. LOOT warns about a missing esp and possible crashing with this patch installed, for obvious reasons. Went back and reinstalled without that patch included. LOOT is now happy. The instructions therefore need updated to not include that particular patch. 

This is a potential issue with the following statement under Final Sorting and Cleanup: Ignore any reported missing compatibility patches or other warnings.

Might be beneficial to specify which ones to ignore explicitly to help catch such issues in the future.

1 hour ago, theeternalsw0rd said:

Smooth Shores Patches under section 20-Patches says: Install all files. Merge when asked.

On March 27, they added a patch for Worldspace Transition Tweaks, which is not included in the guide. I happened to be following the guide on March 27 and ended up installing it. LOOT warns about a missing esp and possible crashing with this patch installed, for obvious reasons. Went back and reinstalled without that patch included. LOOT is now happy. The instructions therefore need updated to not include that particular patch. 

This is a potential issue with the following statement under Final Sorting and Cleanup: Ignore any reported missing compatibility patches or other warnings.

Might be beneficial to specify which ones to ignore explicitly to help catch such issues in the future.

Quite right. I will fix it to be clear

On 3/31/2022 at 9:48 AM, theeternalsw0rd said:

DynDOLOD has released an update to v3. It is now necessary to click an Advanced button before continuing configuration as shown in the guide. Texgen process was unchanged.

Don't see a way to edit posts. Must be because it's too old. Anyway, I stupidly deleted the Edit Scripts folder when I updated, so it lost the ini updates, including running in expert mode. So the Advanced button showing up is a good visual queue that the ini updates from the guide have been forgotten.

Edited by theeternalsw0rd
Obviously not a reputation requirement to edit

On 3/31/2022 at 11:04 AM, theeternalsw0rd said:

Patches by Phoenix and Umgak have released a patch for Realistic Water Two - Solitude Marsh Fix that could be a candidate for inclusion. I'm not sure if the STEP patches address it already or not.

No. I've already fixed it for an upcoming release. I actually don't appreciate that they chose to fix the bug themselves in a patch rather than reporting to on the mod page so that all users of the mod can get the fix. As such, I've modified the permission for RWT regarding patches because that's not a patch, it's a bug fix.

2 hours ago, theeternalsw0rd said:

Don't see a way to edit posts. Must be because it's too old. Anyway, I stupidly deleted the Edit Scripts folder when I updated, so it lost the ini updates, including running in expert mode. So the Advanced button showing up is a good visual queue that the ini updates from the guide have been forgotten.

You must be a member with at least 20 posts to be able to edit. This is because Nexus allows editing of post and users get into the bad habit of editing their posts to leave on a "deleted" comment. That's not how forums work as it breaks the flow of the conversation and removes potential useful information for future visitors. Thus, new members posts are locked after 15mins from the time of the initial post (15mins is usually enough to make grammar edits). Once you hit 20 posts, you'll automatically be put into a new user group that will allow you to edit your posts. This "grace period" allows new members to fully read and understand our rules here (they are not the same as Nexus), which should have been linked when you signed up.

4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

No. I've already fixed it for an upcoming release. I actually don't appreciate that they chose to fix the bug themselves in a patch rather than reporting to on the mod page so that all users of the mod can get the fix. As such, I've modified the permission for RWT regarding patches because that's not a patch, it's a bug fix.

Didn't realize one of the authors was involved here. Even better. Shame they didn't report it.

Since you are one of the authors on RWT and uploader on the RWT official patch hub, do you have any insight regarding the Saints and Seducers patch. Is it not needed anymore? Must have been left out of the STEP guide for some reason, or was it just overlooked? 

4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

You must be a member with at least 20 posts to be able to edit. This is because Nexus allows editing of post and users get into the bad habit of editing their posts to leave on a "deleted" comment. That's not how forums work as it breaks the flow of the conversation and removes potential useful information for future visitors. Thus, new members posts are locked after 15mins from the time of the initial post (15mins is usually enough to make grammar edits). Once you hit 20 posts, you'll automatically be put into a new user group that will allow you to edit your posts. This "grace period" allows new members to fully read and understand our rules here (they are not the same as Nexus), which should have been linked when you signed up.

Thanks, I've read through the rules now. Not sure how I missed it when signing up.

27 minutes ago, theeternalsw0rd said:

Since you are one of the authors on RWT and uploader on the RWT official patch hub, do you have any insight regarding the Saints and Seducers patch. Is it not needed anymore? Must have been left out of the STEP guide for some reason, or was it just overlooked? 

Because I haven't been able to officially test it to see if there are issue from the cell edits. I need to do that.

26 minutes ago, tadastalalas said:

No cusom mods. Followed guide exactly word by word.

If you have a save from that encounter or just before it, you can load it and when next to that PC open console to use More Informative Console to see what is providing that head. Otherwise, you can revisit the mod instructions for the mods mentioned to check for issues.

Otherwise, we will need to independently verify, so a location of that encounter and quest (if applicable) would help.