z929669

@TechAngel85@DoubleYou@Greg In testing the torch particles for this one, I wanted to let torches provide as much 'lighting' as possible while turning off torch particles with ENB (Tech's compares illustrate that ENB point lighting intensity was too low ... that's fixed in latest WIP ENB, BTW).

In doing so, I noticed that the red/yellow glow are not obvious to me with ENB (I looked for them but did not see them when toggling ENB), so I think we should probably reassess the options for this mod, given that like 50 versions have been released since we last tested with screenshots. I suspect we may be missing some features. I tested latest 2.5.5 beta Lite version, so it may not be entirely bug free or final.

13 minutes ago, elenhil said:

Could you please elaborate? Did ENB particle lighting finally get brighter?

From this mod, particle lights are added to torches and can be disabled. The Step ENB in development now has also increased point lighting intensity and some particle lighting values have also been tweaked for our upcoming release in the next ENB version. probably available later today.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

@TechAngel85@DoubleYou@Greg In testing the torch particles for this one, I wanted to let torches provide as much 'lighting' as possible while turning off torch particles with ENB (Tech's compares illustrate that ENB point lighting intensity was too low ... that's fixed in latest WIP ENB, BTW).

In doing so, I noticed that the red/yellow glow are not obvious to me with ENB (I looked for them but did not see them when toggling ENB), so I think we should probably reassess the options for this mod, given that like 50 versions have been released since we last tested with screenshots. I suspect we may be missing some features. I tested latest 2.5.5 beta Lite version, so it may not be entirely bug free or final.

I agree. There are been so many updates and changes, it would be good to re-eval. Just remember there are those using the mod without ENB too, so we have to make sure the options work for both or set up a separate set of options for PP users.

2.5.5 is out of beta and this time no new beta. :o

Version 2.5.5
* General installer improvements.
* Added a patch for Breezehome TNF Beds Plus.
* Added a separate installation option (plugin) for Lux Orbis.
   Note: do not use any Embers XD patches for exterior mods.
* The ashes of brazier used in for example Whiterun no longer glow.
* Added an installer option to disable player torch particle light.
* Fixed a glitch with optimized brazier particle light.
* Fixed incorrect yellow flames torch color.
* Fixed a shadows glitch with Inferno giant campfires.

• Thanks 1

The mod author do a lot of work in this mod but unfortunately I dont see myself using this mod in the near future.

I try hard to convince my self but not, the esthetic of assets look out off place in the game like these flames who are in no way realistic:

37085-1633864691-1282314847.png

Edited by gamingsrc
Spelling.

1 hour ago, gamingsrc said:

The mod author do a lot of work in this mod but unfortunately I dont see myself using this mod in the near future.

I try hard to convince my self but not, the esthetic of assets look out off place in the game like these flames who are in no way realistic:

37085-1633864691-1282314847.png

I think they look realistic but could be scaled down a bit for torches. The torch flames would look like that for a torch as big as a tree.

33 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Where's the testing for unticking the "Disable Red Glow" in the updated instructions?

See admin compares. Only  the yellow glow adds the haze around flames. Red glow looks fine, IMO

I will post that topic here in a bit

Changes reverted to previous until we have consensus

49 minutes ago, z929669 said:

See admin compares. Only  the yellow glow adds the haze around flames. Red glow looks fine, IMO

I will post that topic here in a bit

Thanks. I'll look over there. Yeah, I agree. It needs to duplicate here for public.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

I don't care much for the yellow glow. I honestly can't see any red glow in those compares, which I think is more around the base of the fires. It might be overshadowed by the yellow. I'll have to see it with Red, but without Yellow to really get a feel for the changes, I think.

13 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I don't care much for the yellow glow. I honestly can see any red glow in those compares, which I think is more around the base of the fires. It might be overshadowed by the yellow. I'll have to see it with Red, but without Yellow to really get a feel for the changes, I think.

I decided not to post those here, because the weather is not Step 2.0.0. Nevertheless, I don't see issues with eruptions of particles or red glow any longer at default. I think embers are a bit bright and yellow glow is too high though.

Either way, we should probably confirm my suspicions with standard Step weathers.