z929669

Latest compares for deciding on glow options for v2.5.6 Lite.

ENB: All glow options  >>  Disabled/Reduced all glow options           (only ember glow is visible here)

11.jpg12.jpg

No ENB: All glow options  >>  Disabled/Reduced all glow options           (only ember glow is visible here)

.11.jpg.12.jpg

ENB: All glow options  >>  Disabled/Reduced all glow options  >>  Only ember glow option

31.jpg32.jpg33.jpg

No ENB: All glow options  >>  Disabled/Reduced all glow options  >>  Only ember glow option

.31.jpg.32.jpg.33.jpg

NOTE: Yellow glow isn't noticeable in these shots, because it's conflated with enabled red glow. This is apparent in the following:

ENB: All glow options  >>  enabled red & embers glow, reduced yellow glow  >>  Only ember glow option

31.jpgSkyrimSE 2022-04-02 23-33-48-55.jpg33.jpg

I prefer "enabled red & embers glow, reduced yellow glow" OR "only ember glow option". I think too much yellow glow is glow-overkill, and no glow is probably most realistic. I also think reduced embers glow is a little less realistic/appealing.

10 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

@z929669
One of your images was broken and I was going to fix it but can't tell which one it's suppose to be.

From that I prefer no glow options and reduced embers.

It's fixed now. I prefer

• - red glow
  • - yellow glow
  • + embers glow

My second is

• + red glow
  • - yellow glow
  • + embers glow

I think embers glow is more appealing than reduced embers glow, which looks a bit off to me. Reason I like embers glow is also demonstrated by Jorrvaskr. Reduced embers glow looks totally fake in the giant fire. Looks like the fire is behind the logs that are burning. Campfires also look off with reduced embers glow

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

It's fixed now. I prefer - red glow - yellow glow + embers glow. My second is + red glow - yellow glow + embers glow.

I think embers glow is more appealing than reduced embers glow, which looks a bit off to me.

No glow + embers would be fine too. The embers just looked a bit bright without ENB. The glows just look gimmicky to me.

14 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

No glow + embers would be fine too. The embers just looked a bit bright without ENB. The glows just look gimmicky to me.

I added a bit of qualification to my last mot in previous. Looks like we both agree the fire glow options are not great (as if there was a lot of dust or fog in the air ... it's NOT like reflection from a light source. It's an unrealistic litesprite effect).

I will update instructions like this:

• - red glow
  • - yellow glow
  • + embers glow

Now, I did not notice any difference with the flying embers option, so I like the idea of reducing those just to prevent any ridiculous eruptions we saw in the past.

I tend to not favor the idea of torch flying embers either.

I don't know about the Helgen glow, but I feel like that should probably have the glow if that's how vanilla does it. I cannot recall.

19 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I added a bit of qualification to my last mot in previous. Looks like we both agree the fire glow options are not great (as if there was a lot of dust or fog in the air ... it's NOT like reflection from a light source. It's an unrealistic litesprite effect).

I will update instructions like this:

• - red glow
  • - yellow glow
  • + embers glow

Now, I did not notice any difference with the flying embers option, so I like the idea of reducing those just to prevent any ridiculous eruptions we saw in the past.

I tend to not favor the idea of torch flying embers either.

I don't know about the Helgen glow, but I feel like that should probably have the glow if that's how vanilla does it. I cannot recall.

Agree with all.

You left "reduced embers glow" ticked? That should be unticked if we wanted the higher glow.

26 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Agree with all.

You left "reduced embers glow" ticked? That should be unticked if we wanted the higher glow.

Yes, this mod's options are very confusing to convey. I simply used +/- to convey the option is on/disabled(reduced) we want, and that doesn't translate into ticked/unticked.

Mod's (rather confusing) options updated

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Version 2.6.5
* Reworked Magick Add-On spell fire.
* Sticky torch flame is now only option.
* Removed unnecessary ELFX patch assets.
* Added patch for Cultured Orc Furniture.
* Added patch for Goldenhills Plantation.

FOMOD slightly changed (in 'Further Customization'), plus an additional patch for CC Goldenhills Plantation ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Thanks. No patch for CC 'Goldenhills Plantation'?

I did tick the patch for this in the instructions, as I think it applies, but I haven't checked exactly what it's patching. It should apply though, since it's CC content that all whould be running if using the Step guide.

It's such a long list that it may be missed, so I will make it a bit flashy in this case.

Woops, I had updated the base version of the instructions rather than the 2.1.0 instructions, so fixed now. Thanks!

Thanks. The patch only alters one CELL record, in the interior of the main house of Goldenhills Plantation, it's only one fire added to the groundfloor fireplace, the upstairs fireplace is still only embers. See attached images, ground floor STEP Goldenhills, upstairs STEP Goldenhills, ground floor STEP Goldenhills & EmbersXD patch, upstairs STEP Goldenhills & EmbersXD patch ...

CCGoldenhills35.thumb.jpg.6b823fd5a4c69153e4fd82e759c8ad88.jpgCCGoldenhills34.thumb.jpg.f1f3394457ba3d5cb1c4bf701911f014.jpg

EmbersXD38.thumb.jpg.b698bbafffd80ba79298bbe6cee2f9ba.jpgEmbersXD37.thumb.jpg.235bd0173c178dfcb4348365107a95b3.jpg