z929669

1 hour ago, CorneliusC said:

Thanks. The patch only alters one CELL record, in the interior of the main house of Goldenhills Plantation, it's only one fire added to the groundfloor fireplace, the upstairs fireplace is still only embers. See attached images, ground floor STEP Goldenhills, upstairs STEP Goldenhills, ground floor STEP Goldenhills & EmbersXD patch, upstairs STEP Goldenhills & EmbersXD patch ...

CCGoldenhills35.thumb.jpg.6b823fd5a4c69153e4fd82e759c8ad88.jpgCCGoldenhills34.thumb.jpg.f1f3394457ba3d5cb1c4bf701911f014.jpg

EmbersXD38.thumb.jpg.b698bbafffd80ba79298bbe6cee2f9ba.jpgEmbersXD37.thumb.jpg.235bd0173c178dfcb4348365107a95b3.jpg

Sorry, but I can't tell what order corresponds with these screens. They look like the same fireplace and the ones at left look similar as do the ones at right.

Top set is upstairs, and bottom set is downstairs?

Left is Step, and right is patched?

I think the screenshots on the left may be downstairs and the screenshots on the right may be upstairs. I'm sort of guessing as well, but I see the two screenshots on the left have a chair to the left of the fireplace and the screenshots on the right do not include that chair.

@CorneliusC it generally helps to organize screenshots with one object per row with text above each row to document what you're comparing something like this:

Downstairs: Step (Goldenhills) > Goldenhills + Embers XD
CCGoldenhills35.thumb.jpg.6b823fd5a4c69153e4fd82e759c8ad88.jpg EmbersXD38.thumb.jpg.b698bbafffd80ba79298bbe6cee2f9ba.jpg

Upstairs: Step (Goldhills) > Goldenhills + Embers XD
CCGoldenhills34.thumb.jpg.f1f3394457ba3d5cb1c4bf701911f014.jpg EmbersXD37.thumb.jpg.235bd0173c178dfcb4348365107a95b3.jpg

50 minutes ago, Greg said:

@CorneliusC it generally helps to organize screenshots with one object per row with text above each row to document what you're comparing something like this:

Apologies, and yes, that is a bit clearer with added captions. I'll keep that in mind for next time. It also didn't help that these two fireplaces settings are fairly generic and the only thing changed by the patch is one of the two fireplaces, while the upstairs fireplace isn't changed at all ...

Edited by CorneliusC
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Apologies, and yes, that is a bit clearer with added captions. I'll keep that in mind for next time. It also didn't help that these two fireplaces settings are fairly generic and the only thing changed by the patch is one of the two fireplaces, while the upstairs fireplace isn't changed at all ...

OK, yeah I was jumping to conclusions incorrectly and assumed the lighting was the result of the patch.

It seems like it's a good fix, so thanks for taking the time!

PS ... and I forgot to wear my thinking cap at the time, or I might've assumed better!

• 2 weeks later...

We may want to test if the Optimized option of this mod may be best for our recommendations. We will need a couple of screen compares to determine though.

Anyone doing so should be running Step with Step Heavy ENB. Probably want to check giant fire in addition to a campfire or cooking fire. Day and night shots would be great for exteriors.

It would also be good to test these settings.

24 minutes ago, z929669 said:

We may want to test if the Optimized option of this mod may be best for our recommendations. We will need a couple of screen compares to determine though.

Anyone doing so should be running Step with Step Heavy ENB. Probably want to check giant fire in addition to a campfire or cooking fire. Day and night shots would be great for exteriors.

It would also be good to test these settings.

There shouldn't be an issue if the recommended system requirements are followed. No one asked in that troubleshooting if the users was even following our recommended requirements or not.

2 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

There shouldn't be an issue if the recommended system requirements are followed. No one asked in that troubleshooting if the users was even following our recommended requirements or not.

That's true, but I was spurred to ask about it, since Rudy seems to recommend the optimized version as well ... and those other ENB settings may be worth verifying. It's always nice to get better performance if there isn't any noticeable tradeoff with quality.

2 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

About the Embers XD Goldenhills Plantation patch; i noticed a 'NoResetZone' entry from the Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches not being forwarded (see screenshot). I already forwarded this in my own CC patch, let me know if i'm mistaken here ...

329157979_GoldenhillsPlantationRecord2022-11-29191348.thumb.jpg.9507a33cb7bf11a163363d12c5bf2fae.jpg

Yeah, that looks correct. I cannot confirm the reasoning, but we always forward USSEP records. I will do the same. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The ember fire hurt me so much frame, just look at it loses me 20 fps, and lose even more fps when going near the fireplace in the inn. I guess I will go back to Inferno then.
Ps: Reinstall with Optimized option and it gains me a lot of fps back...

ScreenShot4.png

Edited by duy123a

14 hours ago, duy123a said:

The ember fire hurt me so much frame, just look at it loses me 20 fps, and lose even more fps when going near the fireplace in the inn. I guess I will go back to Inferno then.

ScreenShot4.png

Before using the 'Optimized' version ... Is this with a full Step install and iMaxParticles setting per our instructions in BethINI if so?

Step Heavy ENB?

15 hours ago, duy123a said:

ScreenShot4.png

Beyond what Z asked, I'd add to that:
Is your system within our recommended specs (listed at the beginning of the Guide)?