Relighting Skyrim (by NovakDalton and JawZ)

z929669

By the way you do know of the shadow fix which will be new in v4.1 of Relighting Skyrim right?

Here's a demo of it.

Without shadow fix

16432402066_3d07c806c7_o.jpg

With shadow fix

16432402976_7c5ed9f231_o.jpg

Two new meshes will be added to the mod, vanilla content altered and re-purposed, not the visual apparent mesh itself but a mesh plane placed invisibly inside of the fire pit.

No conflict with any mod what so ever, unless that mod overhauls the layout of the interior and remove or re-locates the fire pit to somewhere else.

And by the way, there is a light bulb for the candles above the fire place, I just disabled it to make the issue with the shadows to be more easily noticeable.

And don't pay attention to the FPS counter, it does not drop the performance at all! If so it's in the range of 0.0 to 0.2 FPS at most and that is with a butt load of new meshes added in that spot, which won't occur.

Ooh now that I come to think of it, one of my favourite external locations is Arcwind Point

Centre of the map here https://srmap.uesp.net/?locx=65815&locy=-99518&zoom=15

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Arcwind_Point

As you approach the area from the south east, and then get to look down on Arcwind Point, its one of the most atmospheric snowy areas in the game, it also gives you a bit of an intimidating feeling as you walk towards it. I remember the first time discovering it gave that feeling ( and thats before you experience a few surprises in that area )

Really good iconic screenshot area, complete with flying lizard .. and friends.

Edit : Arkngthamz I linked previously also has one of those nice Interior Exterior areas ( Similar to The Karthspire cave leading to Sky Haven Temple ) screenshot

Edited by alt3rn1ty

Hence why it have been removed from nexus, the standalone mod page containing the RS - DLC's files ;)

4.0.1 has it all, and in one file if you so want it.

Edited by JawZ

Hence why it have been removed from nexus, the standalone mod page containing the RS - DLC's files ;)

4.0.1 has it all, and in one file if you so want it.

Awesome, just verifying! Might want to update the description, though. The load order section still has the old reference. to _DLC.esp. Looks like it's "Legendary" now.

Update:

I've updated the OP with the boilerplate and finished up the wiki page. This mod has now been accepted for v2.2.9.1!

Two oddities found in Septimus Signus's Outpost. Keep in mind I'm using ELE interiors with RS - Legendary.

1S6BP34ZGBAZXk8H

Here, the "light beams" feel unnatural because...well, there are no places in the roof of this interior for the light to be produced in such a way. A more natural lighting would be a "glow" from the layer of ice.

gArTMuuJUVMPsHPb

Here the light in the corridor shouldn't be lit. Again, no visual source for the light to be produced but it's only visible when facing toward the exit...strange.

Description page updated.

RS will never touch static objects or FX objects, only light bulbs and light sources, ok light sources is a static object but it's tied to the light bulbs at least in a "hardcore" way.

But I will look into it further, the second image is of course something I will fix right away.

Helgen Keep have been redone, the three locations NovakDalton mentioned being untouched have been covered, many new exterior places without light bulbs is now covered, beginning to implement the shadow fix feature into various locations and a butt load of fixes throughout all Skyrim interiors.

Call me crazy but I printed a list of all the Skyrim locations and am checking them off one by one. :teehee:

Some more places to check out:

q3VsWMXpoEHFbsOm

Yngvild needs a good look. The entire place seems too bright for being a cave. Even if part of it is ice, it's deep enough that it shouldn't be as lit as it is.

Some places that need your 4.1 shadow fix in Dawnstar:

q3xtdPvOlvvmrZek

The Mortar and Pestle (shown above), Brina's House, Fruki's House, Leigelf's House

Rustleif's forge in Dawnstar is also not producing any noticeable glow.

Places in Falkreath that needs the 4.1 shadow fix:

Corpselight Farm, Dengeir's House, Grave Concoctions, Gray Pine Goods, Hall of the Dead, and Lod's House.

These all look like the same meshes and since you said this is a mesh fix, I won't be reporting any more of these.

Ok forget quitting snus this week, I need to focus :P

Yes no need to report such areas with the same mesh, I will have a use list of that mesh up to see which interiors that has that mesh in it.

Maybe a good idea to present my list of areas that will be added or re-done for v4.1.

[spoiler=Interior list]
BLOCK 0;
DragonBridgeFarm
WindhelmNiranyesHouse
RiftenHouseofClanSnowShod - Fixed
RiftenMercerFreyHouse
Saarthal01
WindhelmPalaceUpstairs02
RiftenMariseAravelsHouse
RiftenJail02
SolitudeEvetteSansHouse
WinterholdKorirsHouse

BLOCK 1;
SolitudeSawMill
WinterholdJail
WindhelmNirnayesHouseBasement
WindhelmNewGnisisCornerclub
RiftenMausoleum
RiftenBeeandBarb
RiftenRomlynDrethsHouse
MarkarthNepossHpuse - Roommarker additions
WinterholdRanmirsHouse

BLOCK 2;
MarkarthHalloftheDead
WindhelmArgonianAssemblage
RiftenBollisHouse
SolitudeLighthouse
WinterholdTheFrozenHearth

BLOCK 3;
WindhelmEastEmpireCompany
MarkarthAbandonedHouse
MarkarthEndonsHouse

BLOCK 4;
WindhelmSadrisUsedWares
RiftenElgrimsElixirs
RiftenBlackBriarManor
Sovngarde01
MarkarthWarrens
DushnikhYalLonghouse

BLOCK 5;
WinterholdCollegeMidden01
Saarthal02
MarkarthWizardsQuarters01
SolitudeRedwave

BLOCK 6;
IvarsteadFellstarFarm
DushnikhYalMine
WinterholdCollegeHallofTheElements
MarkarthWizardsQuaters03

BLOCK 7;
WinterholdCollegeMidden02
KarthwastenSanuarachMine
WindhelmTempleofTalos
DushnikhYalCellar
SolitudeRadiantRaiment
RiftenBlacksmith

BLOCK 8;
DragonBridgeFourShieldsTavern
ShorsStoneRedbellyMine
KarthwastenFennsGulchMine
RiftenBlackBriarMeadery
MarkarthWizardsQuarters02

BLOCK 9;
WindhelmHouseofClanCruelSea
WindhelmWarehouse
RiftenValindorsHouse
RiftenJail01

+
+

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, JawZ! Is there a RS compatibility patch for Lanters of Skyrim? I thought there was at one point or mention of it. The reason I ask is because the lighting from LoS seems off:

CBlvjBXulGUMOElP

LoS seems to have a warmer, more yellow glow. Load order for these mods:

Lanterns of Skyrim - All in One - Main.esm

RelightingSkyrim_Legendary.esp

ELE_Legardary_Lite.esp (IL only)

STEP Extended Patch.esp

Also, this is what I'm seeing around 6:50am:

c2kEg9aMtYS7H34d

I did say I created a LoS preset specifally for use with latest v2.2.9.1 of STEP where RS was introduced in the PM conversation we had about the STEP Preset ;)

I also created a Lanterns of Skyrim preset for specific use with Relighting Skyrim. I have the intensity/Fade value for all lanterns in RS set to 1.7 and it uses the DefaultCandle light bulb RGB color. So I assigned those values to Lanterns of Skyrim. To keep a uniform visual of lanterns light across the land of Tamriel, instead of the fire red light in the default LoS and the way too intense light emittance/Fade value of 4.0.

Going to look over Light flickering issues between RS and LoS for v4.1 of Relighting Skyrim.